Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

Occasional Runner

I'm heading out for an hour on the trails here in Wisconsin. We got a lot of rain overnight, so it's going to be messy.

Catching a flight to Seattle later today where my bride will be waiting for me. I'm looking forward to an amazing weekend.

QOTD: Do you do any specific speed workouts in your training or regular running routines?

I have a handful of clients that I coach and I always incorporate speed work into their weekly routine but I'm not as dedicated to it as I expect them to be. I frequently do their workouts with them though, so I manage to get it in.

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

I am not sure when, where or how long I will be running today...or if.  My DD had her baby this morning so I am on grandmother duty with her 1 year old for a bit.

Lace:  I am hoping that the rain you had is going to cross the lake and rain on me during my run...if I get one today.  Have a great time this weekend.  I look forward to hearing all about it.  Your race reports are always a good read.

Hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 8 last night, including 2 with younger DS.  It was still 80* at the start and the sun and heat didn't break until the last couple of miles (nearing sunset).  My runs lately have been one slogfest after another.  And, unbelievably, slower and slower!  Need something to break this pattern.  Perhaps why today's qotd is timely for me.

Moonlight-- congratulations on the new grandchild!

Lace- good luck and enjoy the cascades.

qotd:  nope, and see the results as described above.  Oh, I'm full of good intentions but speedwork always falls on the wayside.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Mistakenly posted in Wednesdaily...Where is the delete?

Quote from AT-runner on 10/2/2013 at 3:52 PM:

You've had plenty of time to write that RR by now, or did I miss it.

I must confess also, that the only thing I do slower than running is writing....half done so far writing up.

Short haiku version....

Ran with my  brother.

I'm tired of these f-ing rocks.

Now I have blisters.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

LB2

I don't see it happening today. But I managed a pretty good run yesterday after work. I am hoping life settles down a little bit next week. I want to take Monday off and drive up the national forest and get in about 4 hours of trails. The temps will be perfect.

QOTD: I do some fartlek workouts about once a week. But other than that, I don't worry too much about it. If I am training for something specific, I will incorporate some speed work into my training and stay pretty structured about it. But this whole year has been pretty much running for fun. I have barely kept up with the mileage/time. In fact, I just started jotting that stuff down on here, and I am not very disciplined about that.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

About to head out after just a wee bit more java. After a stretch of spectacular weather it is going be taking a turn. So I'll plan on getting a little soggy this morning. I'm doing the half marathon in the Porcupine mountains on Saturday. Exercised a drop down option into that several weeks ago as I knew my training kinda sucked. I think I can sleep walk a half so it's all pretty relaxing in my mind right now. No stress, no drama. Cool

Lace--where are you these days in Wi?

QOTD- Yes. I love speedwork and have always incorporated some form into my weekly routine. I think in my case as an aged runner it could be my most important run to slow my rapid decline.

Occasional Runner

Lace--where are you these days in Wi?

Chippewa Falls. I'm sure you're jealous.

NorthernHarrier

Chippewa Falls. I'm sure you're jealous.

Well,....not really. LOL!  Wink

jonferg67

Endless trails

5 easy miles this morning, took a new route near a lake and past a cornfield, very nice.

I'm dealing with a plantars wart on my right foot, right under my forefoot, damn thing is

painful. I had one years ago and used the duct tape method which I'm in the process

of now, after todays run I felt another sting and looks like I have another one, WTF?

Anyone else ever deal with these things? Do I need to bleach all my socks and scrub

all my running shoes?

moonlight: congratulations, good for you and DD.

lace: you'll probably be going to fast for pics, maybe Jo could hook us up with some.

QOTD: I'm not doing any formal speedwork now, but I have noticed I can run faster

toward the ends of my LR's, last week I was nailing it toward the end of an 18 miler and

wondered where that came from.

Occasional Runner

lace: you'll probably be going to fast for pics, maybe Jo could hook us up with some.

If I can get any cell service up there, I plan to post some pictures on FB during the run. There are some people sponsoring this little run and they're eager for live updates.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

rest day, have a 30k this weekend

qotd: occasionally, but I need to do it more often- my standby speed workout was a 1/2 mile warmup- a mile at speed (which for me was a paltry 8 minute mile Sad), walk a 1/4 of a mile, repeat for usually 5 or 6 miles

I might start a thread on speed workouts, I'd like to learn more

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

6.5 this morning - beautiful sliver moon and sunrise.

QOTD:  I try to run on the track with a group every couple of weeks, but they run early and sometimes it's hard to get the wheels moving.  I also try to do some shorter races regularly as some speed work.

A nice 7 miles of trail running this morning.

QOTD: No.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Got in 4 last night and found a new trail!

Congrats moonlight runner!

QOTD Im sorta doing the Ryan Hall half marathon plan, I did it last fall and was happy with the results. I do the 2 speed workouts each week and add a mile or two the regular runs. My plan is to add some speed to my legs after basically base building all summer.

The sore throat that plagued me before/after my 50k this weekend has come back with a vengeance today. At least I don't have to call out of work thanks to the shutdown. If I feel better later I will probably try to get in another slow run.

QOTD: No, I tried it with marathon training, and I actually hate speedwork. I think it has to do with my asthma and breathing, because the actual running fast part is pretty fun.