Trailer Trash

Christmas Eve Daily (Read 31 times)

sugnim

Everyone must be out running to prepare for Christmas indulgences in the kitchen!  I get off of work early today and plan to get a quick run in before going home to make tamales and gingerbread people.  This will be our son's first Christmas, and I'm pretty excited for that.

QOTD:  What's for Christmas dinner at your place this year?  If you don't celebrate Christmas: What is your favorite meal to make for special occasions?

We always make Christmas tamales at my house--with beans and spicy rice and roasted corn--yum!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's currently -4 degrees here.    I need to get out for a run.  At least the sun is shining and I'm not at work.

QOTD: I'm coming over to your  house, Sugnim!  That sounds delicious!  I guess I don't really have any sort of set meals that I make.  I'm usually assigned a baking task from my family.

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

We have a balmy 40º on the island.  I carried the camera around the three-mile prairie loop again; failed to see a photographable sunrise.

QOTD:  This house celebrates Christmas.  Christmas dinner:  Pork loin roast with pineapple/apricot stuffing & glaze, some sort of fresh spinach thing, pineapple upside down cake, fruit salad, sourdough bread.

If we have company (very rare) I usually fix enchiladas for dinner--sometimes the chop up whatever is in the refrigerator omelette.

Merry Christmas to all, safe travels, thank you for your companionship throughout the year.

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  I got in a fast run last night, just under 4 miles, as the weather front was moving in.  Now windy and cold (relatively).  I'll get out this afternoon for a slow and flat 5 miles on a local trail (both paved and dirt).

qotd:  pie.  Any kind.  (and sugnim, will you post your tamales recipe?  sounds delicious!)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Just got back from a great 8 mile trail run, I'm fully taking advantage of

my last two days off before I re-join the workforce.

sugnim: Christmas is for the little ones, enjoy!

QOTD: My DW and I are going to my folks house tomorrow, I think we're having some

kind of pork roast thing. Lately I've been making Kale Soup, not nearly as good as

my Portuguese great-grandmother, but I try.

muppy

Got in 8 on the rail trail .

QOTD We usually have lasagna on Christmas Eve at my moms house, and whatever they make where we go on Christmas Day.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hi All! At the gym early this morning.  At work  and got some last minute christmas shopping done at lunch.  What a nightmare!

Jon - I must have missed a lot in the last few weeks.  Congrats on the new job.

Sugnim - I second what mandy said - I'll be over--tamales sounds delicious!

QOTD: We are not staying home tomorrow - visiting family and bringing dessert.  I think we are having roast beast!

Merry Christmas everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles on mix of trails and forest roads.  Did not see any living creatures, which is very rare for the area that I was running.  No birds, small or large 4 leggers or human type.  All God's creatures must have been celebrating early.  Nice snow storm stated about 4 miles into the run.

I had to go back and see some old posts ~ Jon, congratulations on new the job.  Much easier to find work when you already have it.  (Wonder what else I missed.)

Sugnim - Enjoy your babies 1st Christmas.  I have to respectfully disagree with Jon, Christmas if for everyone whether you celebrate it as a Holiday or a Holy day; but it is nicer when viewed from a child's eyes.

Mandy - Try to stay warm.  I'm sure I missed this, but when is surgery?

John - I'm visiting DD#1 in the Spring or early Summer.  Any "must do" races in the PNW that I should consider?  I'll stop by for enchiladas!

runtraildc - Heading to Kensington on Thursday for some family visits.  DW and I plan on getting run somewhere on the Rock Creek Trail (the Chandra Levy section, which always spooks me out a bit).

Muppy - We got a $100 gift certificate for Hershey.  That might get us 1/2 a night at the hotel, right?

BJ - enjoy the PA weather and Merry Christmas.

QOTD:  The house smells like Christmas.  Turkey and Roast beef for tomorrow at our house.  Tonight shrimp and various appetizers at my Mom's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Muppy - We got a $100 gift certificate for Hershey. That might get us 1/2 a night at the hotel, right?

If u get one of the cottage rooms maybe 1/5 of room if your lucky!  Could always do Sunday brunch at the circular dining room or send your wife to the Hotel Spa for the day!

Watoni

Bike ride this am up the hill ...  good to finally get out before work

QOTD: Doing almond crusted salmon with beurre rouge (red wine butter sauce), braised fennel and endive for X-mas eve

Rib roast with mustard/cream/armagnac (or bourbon if we go 'merican) sauce, roast fingerling potatoes, sauteed zucchini and shallots

I am very thankful for this community, and happy holidays to all!

AT-runner

Tim

Muppy - We got a $100 gift certificate for Hershey. That might get us 1/2 a night at the hotel, right?

If u get one of the cottage rooms maybe 1/5 of room if your lucky!  Could always do Sunday brunch at the circular dining room or send your wife to the Hotel Spa for the day!

Bruch, hadn't thought of that - GREAT IDEA!  (DW likes that suggestion too.)  Then we can stop at Troegs Brewery on the way home.  Thanks for the suggestion.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had to go back and see some old posts ~ Jon, congratulations on new the job.  Much easier to find work when you already have it.  (Wonder what else I missed.)

Lace_up won his first 100 and we're all very proud.

John M. continues to keep an eye on the PNW, ever hopeful of a sunrise photo through the fog.

Mandy is running again despite nagging groin issues and daily commutes on the bike.

T&C is running occasionally but on hiatus.

Sugnim and SO are changing diapers.

runtraildc and runmuppy aren't letting the cold get in the way of running.

boyjame is having knee issues but is still keeping his strength up.

Northern Harrier is causing trouble, kicking ass and taking names.

FTYC revealed another daily exercise activity recently.

Watoni is 'going to the snow' out in CA.

TT is making full use of his microspikes.

Sandy-2 is racking up the frequent flyer miles.

AT-runner

Tim

Lace_up won his first 100 and we're all very proud.

John M. continues to keep an eye on the PNW, ever hopeful of a sunrise photo through the fog.

Mandy is running again despite nagging groin issues and daily commutes on the bike.

T&C is running occasionally but on hiatus.

Sugnim and SO are changing diapers.

runtraildc and runmuppy aren't letting the cold get in the way of running.

boyjame is having knee issues but is still keeping his strength up.

Northern Harrier is causing trouble, kicking ass and taking names.

FTYC revealed another daily exercise activity recently.

Watoni is 'going to the snow' out in CA.

TT is making full use of his microspikes.

Sandy-2 is racking up the frequent flyer miles.

This is great, Jon.  You forgot to mention Marley has been slacking lately and Queen had an AG award..

jonferg67

Endless trails

I knew I would forget someone or something, forgive me Queen, you know

you're my favorite cougar!

Occasional Runner

I ran here with friends this morning.