Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 38 times)

DigDug2

Happy Wednesday, all!  5.5 easy this a.m. - still humid, but better than earlier in the week.  May take tomorrow and Friday off completely before the Finger Lakes race on Saturday.

QOTD:  Don't think I ever saw a June mileage tally - 160 for me, on target.

QOTD 2:  Putting together my July 4th menu - what's your favorite July 4th food?  Pulled pork sandwiches for me.

Morning! I ended up skipping my rainy frisbee game last night and instead saw Wicked (national tour). It was so worth it! What a show.

Tonight I will try to get about 7 or 8.

QOTD: Only 92 miles for me in June. It was my "rest" month.

QOTD 2: I love pulled pork too, but usually just  a good old fashioned burger is my favorite.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 early trail miles in foggy rainy stuff.  Was nice.  Not a soul out there...in fact I didn't even spot any deer or similar which is unusual.

Digdug - are you running finger lakes?

QOTD 1: I hit 100 mile which is pretty good all thing considering - this included a week of no running.

QOTD 2: I eat anything.  I love all picnic type food - grilled stuff, salads, beans, etc.  No plans for us this year though.  Usually spend the day with family.  It might just be our own family hanging out which is ok with me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2: Good luck at Finger Lakes! It's on my list to do one day.

DigDug2

Digdug - are you running finger lakes?

I'm running the 25k - signed up early, then thought I wasn't going to be able to do it due to life conflicts, then decided last week that it'll work.  Looking forward to it - I even re-read Kelly's race report from a couple of years ago for inspiration...

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning to all.  Got a call from a friend last night, and three of us are going to the battlefield to run and we plan on running the fields where Picket's Charge took place.  Today is the 150th anniversary of the battle that was the "turning point" in the war.

QOTD:  I was around 160 with no races.

QOTD 2 - Hot dogs.

Good luck, DD2.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Low_O2

Morning all!

4.2  miles around the hood last night with the dog. Threw in a couple hill repeats on a steep little hill just off the side of the road. Woke up to a nice rain shower this morning! Never thought I would be so excited to see rain, we are in a terrible drought and need the rain badly. Have 10 planned for tonight, not sure where yet though.

QOTD1: 212 miles for June. Right about where I wanted to be for miles, but not nearly as much vertical gain as I was hoping for with most of my trails being closed.

QOTD2: Can't beat a big juicy burger straight off the grill!

Chnaiur

Good afternoon!

14 miles in the forest. I was jogging along feeling totally off: slow, fat, old, heavy, flabby, weak, and thinking about the need for a mountain adventure when I get back to the US. Suddenly I came upon a 10k trail that I last ran in 1999! I decided to race it to see if the intensity could shake my system up a bit. It turned out I misremembered the color coding, and the actual trail was a 12k technical MTB course.

Nevertheless, I'm feeling much better now!

QOTD1: 80 miles, which is 30% under target but above expectations considering my sprain in the beginning of the month.

QOTD2: The grill answer is ribs, but my real favorite 4th of July food is the Pancake breakfast we have before the parade in Sausalito every year.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

10 miles today needed to catch the pace bunny...it is the halfway point through the year and I don't want to start the second half in the hole.

Qotd: 105...160 planned but overtime and lack of motivation got in the way...just 1 year ago, that same 105 would have been a huge month for me.

Qotd2: devilled eggs

**Ask me about streaking**

sugnim

Happy Wednesday, and happy de facto Friday for those of us who have tomorrow (and the next day!) off from work.  No running for me today. Am I the only one who never runs 2 days in a row?  I'm planning 2 nice runs for this 4-day weekend along with a good long bike ride.  But the best part of this weekend is that the refinance on our house is closing on Friday--yay!

QOTD:  My June miles come to 91.25.

QOTD 2: I haven't thought about it yet.  It will probably depend upon what's ready in the garden.  From the looks of things, probably something with plenty of strawberries & gooseberries, maybe some raspberries, but not too many yet.  A big salad with lettuce, kale, spinach, green onions, garlic scapes carrots, peas, and beets.  And we have a few hens who have stopped laying eggs, so if everything goes well (and my SO doesn't object) maybe some grilled chicken to go with it.

Marley and I are enjoying rainy Florida at my daughter and son in law's house. The pooch and I are back from a nice 6 mile trail run. We saw an aggressive little snake and a wild turkey.  It rained the whole time.

QOTD: 136 miles for me and 106 for Marley for the month of June.

QOTD2: Grill food whether it be burgers and dogs, steaks, or ribs.  What ever it is it should be accompanied with potato salad and deviled eggs.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning all. I got in 13 this morning before work. I hate this humidity. It is getting old really quick.

qotd1: 170...well short of my goal but I was a fool to think I'd be running 70 miles during my honeymoon.

qotd2: Nothing special really. Went vegetarian last June so I'm still new to coming up with good holiday recipes.

Daydreamer1

Work induced rest day for me, which is probably good since my legs are sore from the last two days.

QOTD: I think it was 115. Target was around 140-160 so I was off quite a bit.

QOTD 2: Burgers and Dogs with macaroni salad. Hard to say what tomorrow will actually bring. I'm working. DW wasn't too happy with me for that but it pays 2.5 times regular pay so that's nice.

Snowdenrun

Morning! Yesterday I recouped and stayed in my pajama's until 4 pm. I went to work late and came home early. Needless to say I did not run yesterday. I generally take a random day once every 2-3 months when I suddenly realize I'm tired.

QOTD 1: Meh, 136. I was hoping for more. But I am slowly realizing I either need a little less in my life, or be super dedicated to running and not need any sleep if I'm going to get the mileage I want.

QOTD 2: No specific 4th food plans. I may make some bread from scratch.

Watoni

Ran 11.5 early. Took it relatively easy other than putting in a decent effort up the main hill. Touchy stomach throughout, but main purpose was getting in some miles and testing my Salomon pack fully loaded. Worked ok.

QOTD: 160 .... km (pathetic)

QOTD 2: Hangar steak with homemade BBQ sauce, grilled corn salad with bacon, green onions and fresh lime and sauteed zucchini.