Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 36 times)

LB2

I'll do 5 or so this evening as long as it isn't lightning. I'd like another rainy run. I haven't had one in a few weeks.

QOTD: Are you ever too sick to work but not too sick to run?

Yes. Today. But I am doing both. I may call in tomorrow, though. Sometimes a run makes me feel better, work rarely does that.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Heading out now for a short run through the neighborhood. With a long race coming up on Friday, I'm just trying to keep the rust at bay. It's clear and crisp this morning, only 34 degrees. Perfect running weather.

QOTD: I'm almost never sick, but I'm definitely sick of work and never sick of running.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping for a nice run after work, if I get the car back from maintenance work in time. QOTD: no, if I can't work, I am definitely also too sick to run. This might change with the current job, however, as the sniffles and coughs won't allow for much work - I have to look good for work, not sick. Food business, what can I say.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

good morning!  Yesterday ended up a strength/core day, no running.  I also ended up doing a bunch of shopping and cooking.  2 boys, runners and swimmers, and they eat constantly.  Keeping them fed is getting in the way of my running.   Though, I'm planning 6-8 tonight while they are in the pool, so it works out.

qotd:  Very rarely get sick, so not usually an issue.  But I do get the occasional 'feeling like crap/fighting something off", which tends to get in the way of running more than work.

TripleBock

Got up early enough for 6 on the roads, but my R knee is still grumpy, so I walk 2.  I am not sure what I will do today (Bike or run) but likely 50 minutes at lunch and hopefully a hopefully a couple of hours after work, followed by weights ... I will update when I am done.

QOTD - No, I have been to sick to run (Rarely) but do not miss work (2 days in 20 years) ... Although some times I take a long lunch to run

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Birdwell

Morning folks! 3.5 at 24 degrees F. it was cold enough for a long sleeve shirt. One benefit I've noticed from cold weather running is my knees feel better and I don't have to ice them as much.

QOTD: I plead the fifth. I don't need the boss to see my answer Wink

The pooch and I had a nice 7 mile trail run over more difficult trail than we have been running recently.

QOTD: I am retired so it really doesn't apply any more, but yeah I have run on days that I called in sick.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Some easy miles with DW yesterday on leaf covered trails.  Had to be ready to react to all the hidden roots and rocks.

Lunch run not happening because staff is taking me out for Boss's Day.  I'm thinking Mexican.

QOTD:  It was instilled in me many years ago that healthcare providers aren't allowed to miss work. Big grin   I'll also run through most illnesses.

Happy Boss's Day to all the bossy people out there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

A busy day ahead. I have to change oil in two vehicles, do chemistry homework, a few chores around the house, answer e-mails and in between all that get in some workouts and hopefully a run. Blah, sometimes I'd like to be able to just sit around and do nothing.

Yesterday DW got a call from work telling her that her job is being eliminated. She's an LPN and has worked on the same floor in the same hospital for over 28 years. They are eliminating the LPN's from the hospital so now they will have to pay a RN to do the exact same job she does but the RN will get paid $10-$13 a hour more. Sometimes I just can't believe how the health care field wastes money all the while crying poverty. Sorry for venting but I'm a little frustrated.

QOTD: Define sick in this case. If I'm physically sick then I probably won't run. If I'm sick of work and take a mental health day then I definitely go for a run or bike ride.

Wandering Wally

Rested Monday.  5 miles with fartleks last night.

QOTD - If I'm too sick to work, I'm too sick to run.  I am the boss.  If I don't work, I don't get paid.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LB2

Yesterday DW got a call from work telling her that her job is being eliminated. She's an LPN and has worked on the same floor in the same hospital for over 28 years. They are eliminating the LPN's from the hospital so now they will have to pay a RN to do the exact same job she does but the RN will get paid $10-$13 a hour more. Sometimes I just can't believe how the health care field wastes money all the while crying poverty. Sorry for venting but I'm a little frustrated.

We have an LPN program here at the college where I work. I have heard rumors of things like this happening in different areas. However, you are the first person I have heard about with first-hand knowledge. I wonder why they would do that? And I wonder if it is a widespread trend that will soon occur?

LB2

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  Our son is now 1 and a half weeks old, and I have only run twice in the past 2 weeks.  I'm still struggling with balancing time.  I don't want to head out for a run while he is alert & awake & miss spending time with him in these 2 weeks that I have off of work, but I'm usually super sleepy or I have cleaning up to do while he sleeps.  Next week I have to go back to work, and that will add a new dimension to everything.  Hopefully I'll figure out how to fit in running time while still being available for my family & job soon!

QOTD:  I can only remember one time when I ran on a day that I called in sick to work.  I don't call in sick unless I am very sick, and if I'm sick enough to call in, then I am definitely too sick to run.  Luckily I'm healthy right now, and I hope to keep it that way.  Big grin

AT-runner

Tim

Sorry to hear this.  Our hospital eliminated LPN's over 2 years ago, but at least they gave advanced notice, and helped with education costs if they entered an RN program.  Many of the LPN's got "Life Credit" for the work they did and were able to  complete the program part time (in 2 semesters) by taking basic college classes.  I think most went to Penn State - Mont Alto campus.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Low_O2

Got in 3.5 miles around the neighborhood last night with the dog. I really need to start running in the morning as it is becoming difficult to get out for a run in the evening. Running after dinner is less than ideal.

sugnim - I think I missed the announcement day... Congrats on the new little one! Don't worry it gets easier over time. Or maybe you just get better at functioning on less sleep.

QOTD: I can't remember the last time I called in sick for work. But when I'm not feeling good, I almost always feel better when I get outside for some fresh air and get the heart rate up.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 this am and as I was hualing in the trash can a wasp landed in my crotch and stung...I bent over and pulled my tights away and flung that little f*cker.  So having a little pain this am...

QOTD:  I don't really get "sick" but I do get throbbing headaches in which I can't do anything by lay in bed wishing I was dead or at least could sleep.  I don't earn sick time just "time" so I rarely call in sick as it comes out of my vacation time.  If I work 4.25 hours I get paid for the whole day, so if I have my headache I try to put in 4.25 before leaving.

TripleBock:  You must enjoy your job..those are some good numbers.

Burke:  If your too sick for work but you can still run, you are really just sick of work.

AT-Runner:  I plan on spending bosses day putting an employee on a Plan for Improvement.  Hate being a boss!!

Daydreamer1:  I love days of nothingness...reading a book, watching a movie,,I would do it more if my husband wasn't so hyper.  Sorry about your wifes job.

Sugnim:  Pictures!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄