Trailer Trash

Sunny Sunday (Read 22 times)

runtraildc

Ended up with 20" of snow, still quite windy, but the sun is out working it's magic.   Cross training day.  Got in some shoveling and hiking down our street, which is completely impassable to anything motorized.  Based on previous storms, we'll probably not see a plow until Monday night if we're lucky, probably Tuesday.  We can walk almost to anything so it's not a problem.

qotd:  pass

AT-runner

Tim

34" of snow here as "official" total. Hard to tel with all the drifting. I think Jamie got about the same near Harrisburg. Parts of my trail system around Michaux Forest were listed at 40" of white stuff, so it might be some time before I get back in the woods.

Driveway all cleared and we just got back from DW's work (a nursing home community) to help feed some of the residents since so many of the CNA's couldn't get in with storm. Very humbling experience sitting down and feeding an older adult their meal. Makes you really appreciate your mind and health.

Might have to run on treadmill as roads are getting some usage now and no place to step off to the side if a car comes at me. Maybe I'll wait until the first football game and run while watching it.

Stay safe and warm out there all you East Coasters.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

We didn't get that much snow, we are protected by mountains all around us. I guess 10-12 inches, at most, in the valley, more on the mountains. I might go out snowshoeing soon, or sledding with the kids (does that count as hill repeats?).

Lots of traffic on our birdfeeder today, kids and I were watching, and now the cat is sitting behind the window, watching, too. To her it's probably like stocking a fish pond is to humans, or having cattle on the pasture.

AT: Tough experience at the nursing home. Very courageous of you to help there, and of your DW to work there every day.

traildc: Enjoy the slow life while it lasts!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Nice bright sunny day!!!!  Would be great for a run, but I'm not sure if I'll get out for one or not. The roads are a sloppy mess yet and I don't have the time to go up on the mountain. On top of that I have some more shoveling to do. So if not a run it will be another trainer and elliptical session.  Woke up pretty sore from yesterday's shoveling session. Real sore across the chest area. Told DW I should call 911 and go to the ER . I'm sure they'd do a cardiac workup on me due to age and shoveling snow in the cold.

DD Got out of work a hour early yesterday so we didn't have the driveway opened yet. She made it 10 miles though the snow and by other stuck vehicles, only to get stuck pulling into the driveway. In all fairness to her it was my fault. I told her to stop until we got things cleaned out and she was already into the deep stuff. Had to dig her out.

AT-runner

Tim

This was yesterday morning, so still pretty early into the storm.

At the Ironmasters Mansion (Pine Grove Furnace SP), they reported 42" of snow and was the deepest snow total in PA.  This is the gate that you run through when you finish the Ironmasters 50k.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Well, where my kids ski has gotten 31" in the past week and 281" for the season .... down here we just have mud, mud and more mud on the trails Smile

Crazy run yesterday where I ran up my local mountain to Skyline for the first time in ages, then happened upon a runner doing a 50km race through my local mountain parks. He had taken a wrong turn and they had already pulled the course markings headed back, so I directed/paced him back across to the park he started from. My hands were getting quite cold since he was reduced to hiking/walking for most of that section, and then we finally ran into a course official. Apparently this guy runs lots of ultras and even bikes back and forth, but he had no water, no food, no jacket and was pushing darkness in mountain lion country by himself, so I stayed with him.

Will hopefully get a few hours in the mud done again today. Good luck with all the snow trailers!

Keep Going

What an insane storm. We got 31" and destroyed the 1996 storm record by about 6". Ran 11.5 miles on the roads this morning nice and early in  screw shoes and they worked beautifully on the plowed ice covered roads. Need a trail fix so will be heading to Worlds End State forest next Saturday for the 100k preview run. Not a single flake flew there. Clear trails so I'm heading to Forksville PA.

AT - WOW I know that gate. 42" is insane!!

100 milers are my favorite

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet again but another 4-5 hours of x-training out in the snow.  Finished shoveling my driveway, helped a few neighbors, went sledding a bit with the kids, dug them a nice snow fort....I was done for the day and it was only 1pm.  My shoulders and back are super sore.  Hope to sleep well tonight.  Kids have off tomorrow but not me.  I am actually looking forward to work.  I am a but stir crazy.

AT - I think we ended up with 30+ inches but really hard to tell with the drifting.  But I agree, it will be a while before the trails are ready for running.  Might need to get some snow shoes.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday