Trailer Trash

Misty Mondaily (Read 262 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in a nice and easy 4.5 miles through the mists and fog this morning. 

qotd: what is your favorite ice cream flavor? 

The stores around here are carrying a new Tillamook brand of ice cream. My current favorite is one called Tillamook Mudslide. It's by far the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had. It's super chocolaty, and not overly sweet. A close second is their Marionberry Pie (Vanilla base, with pie crust and a berry swirl) 

these two things have been my vice as of late, and are the reason I am still 5 pounds away from my goal weight. 

alternate QOTD, for those lactose intolerant or non ice cream eaters, what is your go to sweet snack?

runtraildc

Morning!

Crosstrain day for me-- some core and weights at the gym planned for later today. 

qotd- that's a hard one, we have a homemade tropical ice cream place that makes a great coconut.  And mango, which is currently in our freezer.  And I really like any good ice cream with dark chocolate.....

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

Got in 20 miles on the bike this morning. Looks like we're going to get 1-2 feet of snow here in the next day or so. That'll hamper my ability to get on the trails.

QOTD: Butter Pecan is near the top for me. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning, Trailers!

Unscheduled rest day #44 today.  I walked 5 miles last night.  It was nice to get outside.

QOTD: Oh, that's a hard question!  Can I just go and rank my favorite Ben and Jerry's?  I really like their Milk and Cookies kind.  Or Chocolate Therapy.  Or Chubby Hubby.  But then we have this local custard shop that makes amazing pumpkin custard during the fall.  That's really good too!

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Hi Trail Gang,

Resting the ankle..  still.  I guess going out for a 20 miler (ended up doing about 16) on Saturday wasn't the best idea that I've ever had.  Just wanted to join my friends who are training for Houston mary next month...  looks like I'm gonna have to do it on residual training.

Birdwell:  we get a lot of that "mist and fog" around here too.

rtdc: have fun with the XT, I need some more of that too.

lace:  does that mean you get to say goodbye to your lawn until next spring?

MM: The only thing that keeps me from going insane about my ankle is thinking about your groin...  wait... that didn't come out right. 

qotd:  Vanilla swiss almond.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training today, but I may switch that out for a run this afternoon as tomorrow is calling for very windy weather (15-20 mph w/ gusts near 40 Sad)- probably a better day to hit the gym 

qotd: Blue Bunny makes a Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate that is very good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sandy, whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, I just think of poor, fat, beer drinking Gerber, who is on rest day #100 something for his messed up back. 

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning guys! Been a few days since I posted.  I kind of got sick of complaining about my foot issues.  I have been running though.  Got out for a hilly 6.2 miles Saturday.  Was so much fun.  Unfortunately right now that is a long run for me. 

QOTD: I love all ice cream but years ago there was a kind called Praline Almond Crunch.  I haven't seen it in a while though.  But love mint choco chip, cookies n cream, anything with choco & pb.  MMMm I am hungry now for ice cream....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Mornin',

Good weekend up at the shack. Bird hunting, bushwacking, and some trail running. Only 1"-2" of snow. Shocking for up there.

Looks like we also have some weather coming on Wed. night. One T.V. station is calling for 6". Not quite what you guys get in the mountains but enough to affect some trails to a degree. I guess those that need a white Christmas will be happy. Me not so much here but I wish I had tons up at my cabin right now.

MtWarden-- I see you are in Devil's Backbone. Awesome run. I did that as a two person relay a few years back. The only event where I came in DFL. My partner spent all his time up there taking pictures, shooting video, and enjoying himelf lollygagging along. WTF? Ha.

QOTD-- No favorites but I'll eat about anything. Seldom buy it though I do enjoy it.

FurShirtFlyer

Just a little core work today with some easy 200m jogs between sets.

QOTD: Chocolate-chip cookie dough!!

sugnim

Good morning everyone.  Hey, thanks for naming the daily thread after me!

Rest day today, always rest on Mondays.  Unless you count shoveling snow.  I did that this morning & it's still coming down, so I'll be shoveling tonight as well.

QOTD:  I like to check out homemade ice cream places in most towns that I'm in.  If I can't get some interesting, well-made ice cream, then I usually will choose something at the store that has the least ingredients.  You can't go wrong with a classic vanilla that's made of just cream, sugar, vanilla and milk.  To me, if they have to add all kinds of oooey gooey stuff to the ice cream, they are covering up a lack of flavor in the ice cream with the flavor of the candy.  However, I do like to top my vanilla ice cream with strawberry jam & crushed peanuts.

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  SRD for me.

QOTD - Hmmm...  Favorite flavor is anything without mint in it.  Can't stand mint.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mornin',

MtWarden-- I see you are in Devil's Backbone. Awesome run. I did that as a two person relay a few years back. The only event where I came in DFL. My partner spent all his time up there taking pictures, shooting video, and enjoying himelf lollygagging along. WTF? Ha.

I'll be doing it as relay as well, my buddy is faster and has the home field advantage as well (lives in Bozeman)- I've already determined I'll be starting at the turnaround point and he gets to start at the bottom Big grin

if you have any tips I'm all ears, not sure how the private message thing works on this site, but feel free to shoot me a message- there isn't a ton of info on this race out there, partly because they keep the numbers very low (guessing that is at the request of the USFS)

Mike

just figured out the messaging thing- sent you a pm Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Looks like we also have some weather coming on Wed. night. One T.V. station is calling for 6".

What?!  CRAP.  I'm trying to pretend winter doesn't exist anymore.  Now I just read 6"-12".  I suppose if I can't play in it, it will at least be pretty to look at.

Running is dumb.

Morning trailers!  SRD for me today.  

Last week I had hoped to get in about 60 miles for the week, but the bug I got waylaid those plans.  I thought I could make up the miles over the weekend, which meant having to run 20 yesterday after running a 50K on Saturday.  Woke up yesterday morning a tad sore, then Weegee and I wasted the morning away "watching" the Hardrock lottery (alas, he didn't get in).  By the time we got out the door it was 12:15 and there was a steady, cold drizzle.  Weegee had to bail after 5 miles since his knee was giving him grief, but I soldiered on.  At 10 miles it dawned on me that, given my pace (over 11 minute miles), it'd be almost dark by the time I finished!  (And of course I had no light).  I decided to curtail the run to about 15-16 miles, but once I got down by the water the wind picked up a bit and I started getting really chilled.  Therefore, I figured it'd be best to head toward home, although I did run a lap around the lake near our house.  Final mileage was just over 14, which put me at about 52.5 miles for the week.  My schedule is pretty light over the next few weeks, so it means I can get in more running.  (Got to keep my eye on the prize -- the Rocky Raccoon 100 buckle!!!)

qotd: Although I don't eat much ice cream, I do enjoy several flavors.  Pistachio is right up there as one of my favs.