Trailer Trash

Fall Wednesday (Read 33 times)

runtraildc

Stepped outside early  for the paper (yes, really), and the air clearly had a fall-ish feel.  Made me wish I had planned to run, but I did get in a fast and hilly 6 miles with the running group last night.

qotd:  Best part of fall?  For me, aside from better running weather, it is the apples.  Fresh apples from the orchard-- younger DS and I cannot get enough of them and we need to get out this weekend to replenish the supply.   Grocery store supplies from New Zealand or other parts of the world the rest of the year just don't compare.

Birdwell

Morning folks! 4.5 this morning.

QOTD: the change in weather. I work outside and on top of roofs, so cooler weather is a welcome relief.

Stepped outside early  for the paper (yes, really), and the air clearly had a fall-ish feel.  Made me wish I had planned to run, but I did get in a fast and hilly 6 miles with the running group last night.

qotd:  Best part of fall?  For me, aside from better running weather, it is the apples.  Fresh apples from the orchard-- younger DS and I cannot get enough of them and we need to get out this weekend to replenish the supply.   Grocery store supplies from New Zealand or other parts of the world the rest of the year just don't compare.

Yes! The second I stepped outside to walk the dog I wished I were running instead. But alas, I also ran with the group last night and didn't get home til 9, with dinner and The Newsroom I didn't get to bed until after 11.  Will go for 6-7 solo miles tonight.

QOTD: Pumpkin everything. Beer, pie, etc. Fall is my absolute favorite season, hence why I am planning my wedding for Fall 2014. I love apple picking too.

DigDug2

6.8 mi on rail trail/real trail this a.m. - absolutely beautiful cool, crisp running weather.

QOTD:  weather, definitely.  I also like the fall holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving are great.

muppy

Got in easy 4 last night, was about 70* and low humidity, hardly broke a sweat!

QOTD I love the cooler weather that fall brings and when I'm running in the woods I try to catch the leaves as they fall.

Also love fresh picked apples!

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I'm working extra-long days this week, so it looks like no running for me until Saturday.  Blah.  Dead

QOTD:  I like the cooler weather for running.  It means I can get a run in the evening instead of having to go in the morning.  I'm looking forward to that.  It's still in the 90's here, however, and the apples & pumpkins in my garden are definitely not ready yet.  It's still summer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning everyone!  5 miles this morning in perfect running temps.  Fall is in the air.

QOTD: Football, cooler nights, drier conditions, colors, leaves falling, a sense of "change", Thanksgiving, apple pies, pumpkins on the porch, not having to mow the yard (as much), great running weather, "racing season", did I mention football?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Not sure what I will run tonight. Probably 4ish. Have to tough it out at work for noe. Yuck.

Qotd: cooler weather and the hope the btusj will fie off on one of my trails so it will be runable again

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

I. feel. like. crap. This is one of those days when I should have just stayed in bed. I thought that yesterday's run not going too well was probably just from the workouts I put my legs through last week. However, considering how I feel today it was probably because I'm half sick Sad. Oh well, this to shall pass. Since I only work until three I have to decide what I want to do after work. Go for a walk with DW, go to a soccer game or just stay home study and go to bed early. It's almost too nice of a day to stay inside so the soccer game seems to be winning at this point.

Bird - Better on top of the roof then underneath it. We developed a water leak in our roof the other night and I went up into the attic area to look for holes and even yesterday when the temp was only about 78 degrees it was probably over 110 in the attic area.

QOTD: Cooler, less humid weather, changing leaves, hunting season, high school and college soccer season. When the kiddos were in school we spent a lot of time at soccer games. Now that DS is out it leaves a big hole so we've been following some of the local college teams a little bit more. We had went to several of the Pro games this summer but it's not quite as nice as watching games in the fall for some reason.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

A trail run after work sounds nice so that's what I'm planning on doing.

QOTD: football season and Thanksgiving.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It's after work (I started early today), so I'll be heading out for a run. Planning on a few miles in the wonderful autumn sun.

QOTD: The foliage colors. Where I grew up, the trees would turn just brown in the fall, maybe a hint of orange, and that was it, so now every year, I'm in awe of all the wonderful reds, oranges, bright yellows, light greens, whites, and - duh - browns.

Holidays are not bad, either.

Run for fun.

Watoni

Headed to the doc to make sure my left ankle swelling is nothing serious. Will likely do an hour of tempo on the bike later.

QOTD: Fall here really is some cooler weather mixed in with the last of the hot days for a while, pumpkins, holidays and maybe the last chance to get a snow free run in at elevation. Maybe I need to get some time on the Rim Trail when i get back from the Pyrenees ....

Chnaiur

Got stuck in the office yesterday and didn't work out at all. Doing my 3 miles with weights today instead.

QOTD: Fall smells: crisp air and decomposing leaves.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't budge this am and Earl didn't nodge so we did not run.  May or may not tonight.

QOTD:  I am already missing the longer days and warm weather, wait why do I like fall?  I prefer summer.  Our color change is not that exciting here and I don't mind running in the heat.  I guess the rainy days.  But last year rain sucked because they always fell on the weekneds.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Slept in and took another rest day today.   I need to sign up for a race soon (other than the Houston Marathon in january) or I'll never get out the door at 5am.  I need that incentive.  Can't run after work because I'm taking some overseas co-workers out to dinner.

I did go to my core traiing at lunch, so all is not lost.

qotd: what is all this crazy talk about fall?  I miss the change of seasons and can remember those crisp days, fall colors, having to wear jackets, etc.  I think we hit the mid-90's today.

tbd.