Trailer Trash

Trailer Trash Tuesdaily (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I took a short hiatus but I am back.  8.25 this am in what feels like winter but it's not...yet.

QOTD: Do you cook? bake? Favorite thing to make?

DW does most of the cooking in our house but I do some.  I make a mean banana bread.  Last night I made a yummy lemon-pepper & honey ckicken.  DW is definitly the better of us at it though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marley and I had a great 6 mile trail run. It was a crisp fall morning and we stopped a lot to take pictures. 

QOTD: Yes.  I cook and bake.  Since I retired I do the majority of the cooking.  Favorites include pot roast, risotto,  barbecued ribs,  pulled pork, among many others.  My favorite baked items include my own recipe for banana nut bran muffins, apple crisp, and an amazing apple pie.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks! Our week is off to a great start. Lost a tree yesterday that did damage to the house and fence. Woke up this morning to snow and a broken furnace! I think I'm winning.

Running scheduled for tonight after the sun goes down (hopefully all the snow will be gone by then)

QOTD 1:

I like cooking. Smoking pork and beef are two of my favorite activities. I also like to try my hand at new recipes from my favorite cookbook "America's Test Kitchen".

QOTD 2: do you like doing the dishes after cooking?

not so much.

Good morning! Got in a quick 7 miles last night, really enjoying the paces I've been running lately in the cool weather. Will go out for 5 or 6 tonight.

Technically I am "tapering"  right now for SM50 but considering last week I only ran 1/2 of the miles I wanted to, I'm only cutting back on my long run this week. Then the next 2 weeks will be real taper.

QOTD: I bake a little here and there, but my fiance does all the cooking. I am not a BAD cook, I just don't enjoy it like he does. He was very excited to get a brand new knife set as an engagement gift this weekend.

QOTD2: I don't LIKE doing the dishes, but I always do since my fiance cooks. As far as chores go, I find it the least annoying though.

Occasional Runner

I went out for some vertical gain this morning. A fast run UP and a faster run DOWN. I was slow, but it felt good. There's some snow and slush at 7,000 feet today but it's melt off soon enough. It was a beautiful run.

The trail behind my house...

QOTD: I used to do a lot of grilling before I became a vegetarian. Now I cook most of our vegetables.

sugnim

It's been a week since I ran.  I need to figure something out.  Joking

lace: Grilled veggies are tasty!  You can do kabobs, grilled corn on the cob, grilled stuffed potatoes with onions & garlic, grilled sweet potatoes either cut into wedges or grilled whole, grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, and grilled onions are great with almost any dish.  Many nights, the only reason I turn the grill on is to do the veggies.  There's pretty much no veggie that doesn't taste good with a little olive oil, salt & pepper, and a quick searing on the grill!

QOTD: I cook everyday, and I don't mean to brag, but I like everything that I make.  Friday was chicken enchiladas with roasted corn & peppers in green sauce, Saturday was peanut curry vegetables with rice, Sunday was Buckwheat udon noodle soup with shiitake mushrooms and steelhead trout, tonight is spicy turkey chili.  I used to bake our bread each Sunday when we lived in SF, but here in MT there is an awesome bakery that bakes much better than I can, so I get our bread from them.

QOTD 2: In our house, the person who cooks does not do the dishes.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Oh snap! I am inviting myself over for dinner! How does Friday sound? I do well with babies! Big grin

QOTD: I cook everyday, and I don't mean to brag, but I like everything that I make.  Friday was chicken enchiladas with roasted corn & peppers in green sauce, Saturday was peanut curry vegetables with rice, Sunday was Buckwheat udon noodle soup with shiitake mushrooms and steelhead trout, tonight is spicy turkey chili.  I used to bake our bread each Sunday when we lived in SF, but here in MT there is an awesome bakery that bakes much better than I can, so I get our bread from them.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6.5 miles up and down the mountain through a wonderfully colored forest, with bright sunshine. It does not get much better than this.

Jamie: Glad you're back again!

TT: Sounds like a wonderful run.

Birdwell: That's not only winning, that's the jackpot. Hope you'll have some toasty coziness back in the house again soon!

T&C: It's hard to withstand taper madness. But if you must, you must. For a 50-miler, 2 weeks are reasonable, though.

Kelly: I'll have you banned for posting the most tempting pictures here! Wink

sugnim: Sounds tough. But even if you don't get to train the running part, training the patience part, and a lot of other skills, will prepare you for the parts of an ultra that are not always mentioned. Take it in stride! Cool

QOTD: I both cook and bake, but baking is my passion much more than cooking. I make an awesome zucchini bread. DH does the grilling.

QOTD2: Sometimes I like doing the dishes, sometimes not. At huge dinner gatherings, like Thanksgiving at my in-laws' house, I am known to take on doing the dishes afterwards, and I really enjoy it (they have all the fancy kitchen gadgets, and a huge sink, which make it easy. Big grin

Run for fun.

LB2

Not sure what is in store for today. I'll probably do 4 on the trails around the house.

QOTD:

Question 1: I do almost all the cooking. I really enjoy cooking breakfast food. But I also like to cook brisket and pulled pork.

Question 2: I do not like washing dishes.

LB2

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We went up on the Tahoe Rim Trail Sunday for what is possibly the last run up there this year , it snowed 12"+ yesterday and is still snowing up there right now

QOTD: I do cook and bake but don't really like to but someone has to. We live way out of town,  I can cook dinner in less time than it takes to drive into the closet place to eat .

My husband & a friend near Relay Peak view is to the NW , Lake Tahoe would be behind them just out of view to the South

Ray swimming even though it was cold he can't pass any type of water without a swim , Relay Peak in the background

runtraildc

Hi all!  Just getting settled into Ohio, early flight and a drive so it feels as if I should be getting ready for dinner.  And lo & behold, qotd is making me hungry.  Will get in 4 or 5 miles along the river this afternoon.  Tomorrow looks better as my all day meeting is in a park with trails.  If I work it right, I'll be able to squeeze in a few miles before heading to the airport.

qotd:  I'm the baker, and do cook about 50% of the meals.  DH is much better at making a dinner out of nothing whereas  I need a plan.  it balances pretty well.

welcome back, Jamie!

Wandering Wally

5 miles this morning.  Cold enough to start breaking out the heavier gear.

QOTD1 - Yes, I cook.  I cook whatever needs cookin'.  Whether it's PB&J or nachos for the kids or whatever my wife asks me to.

QOTD2 - No, don't like doing dishes, but in a busy household someone has to or it just never gets done.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

sugnim

Oh snap! I am inviting myself over for dinner! How does Friday sound? I do well with babies! Big grin

If you're ever in MT, come on over!

Daydreamer1

Rolled out of bed this morning and had a quick workout on the Elliptical then did some lifting and core work. All this before going to work. Didn't start until ten which is a odd shift for me.

Jame - welcome back to the fold.

QOTD: I love to cook but I rarely get to do it anymore. I'd love to get a smoker and start to experiment with smoking and bar-b-queing different meats.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Up early to travel for training.  At UC Davis so probably a run around campus enjoy the sights...ggrrr (That's cougar talk).

QOTD:  I cook every frigging meal and hate it.  I would like to enjoy it more maybe when I am retired.   Lot of lucky women out there who's hubby cook.

qotd2:   I usually don't mind..When I am tired hubby says he'll do them in the am but they may be still there when I get home.:

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄