Trailer Trash

is your September open? a neat, new 50k in Montana (Read 49 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

if September is open and you're looking for a nice run/vacation.......... Big grin

this sounds really intriguing and it's in a beautiful country (Madison Range), just a stone's throw from Yellowstone (btw September is a great time to visit Yellowstone!)

the entire race is between 7500-11,000' and you get to bag a peak as well, several miles are off trail

more details here:

http://runtherut.com/

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Oh my...that...sounds/looks...awesome! Someday...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Ultra Cowboy

5 days after that I hope I'm in the Wind Rivers of Wyoming, Chasing Mule deer in Velvet.  looks awesome though...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Low_O2

That looks like an awesome race! Too bad I'm usually busy chasing critters around the mountains in September...

Watoni

I would love to do that! Maybe next year ...

NorthernHarrier

You know when you do Devil's Backbone you'll be able to look over and see the ski runs at Big Sky. You can call it a recon of sorts! Smile

If I was still doing 50k's I would do it in a heartbeat. Love the area and I actually know someone who has a condo in Big Sky so I could probably mooch.  Oh well....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ this is true, although I'll probably be watching myself trip over rocks or falling down in the snow, so I might not get much recon work in Big grin

say if you're still thinking about the Beaten Path and  have dates in mind, let me know- my boss is starting to run and has set a goal of running the Beaten Path w/ me this summer- I've got him up to 13 mils thus far

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

^ this is true, although I'll probably be watching myself trip over rocks or falling down in the snow, so I might not get much recon work in Big grin

say if you're still thinking about the Beaten Path and  have dates in mind, let me know- my boss is starting to run and has set a goal of running the Beaten Path w/ me this summer- I've got him up to 13 mils thus far

Yeah, you do need to focus as you are on a knife edge in places and a simple trip could send you into the abyss. But man, that is a beautiful run. You will love it.

And you're right, I need to get my summer calendar in order and it is all pretty fluid right now. I definitely want to do it though. The change is my daughter and I are going to Moab in June so it is something I may just shoot out for and spend just a few days out there myself. Have to eat at Grizzlies near the the trailhead at East Rosebud. Wink

Looking at your race schedule what are you thinking? End of July?

There is a picture in the latest Backpacker of a place in Miles City called the Montana Bar.  Thought of you when I saw it. Big grin

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Grizzlies- good, juicy burgers.....mmmmm Big grin

end of July or mid-late August- a couple weeks before Bridger or a week or so after- if I get drawn that is, if I don't is there is room I'm going to give the Elkhorn 50k a go (it's 8/3)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

short video clip

http://vimeo.com/64914425

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √