Trailer Trash

step right up- get your Fridailies right here! (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Strength training for me this afternoon (in the luxury of air conditioning! Big grin)

qotd: roughly what percentage of your training is on roads?  very low for me, less than 5%- usually only when the trails are too muddy to run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Chnaiur

2 mile warmup run before weights.

QOTD: most of my short runs are on roads, so the total road volume ends up being 30-50% I think. The shortest trail I run is 10 miles. If anything, I believe I should work a few longer non-hilly runs into my schedule every month. I've started feeling that training on very hilly trails  doesn't prepare me well for 2-3 hours of continuous actual running.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trail people! I am resting today.  Hopefully wil get in a nice LR tomorrow early to beat the heat but something tells me I won't be able to get out early enough.  I am at work this morning (shaking my head wondering why I didn't take off) but it doesn't feel like a Friday.  I am all screwed up.

QOTD: During the week, my runs are a combo of road/pavement/some grass/some trail but then weekends I can get in my LR on trails.  I have, however, been able to get out for a trail run mid week during the summer.  It's been a very nice "change" in my norm.  As far as percentage - it probably equals out to 50/50 - sometimes 40/60.  I only wish I lived on or by a trail like some of you all do.  But I can't complain too much because I am within 30 minutes driving of many trails.

Have a great day and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Hoping to get out for a 8-10 mile run later today. Two days off and I have about 4 days of work to do around the house. Oh well, the house work can wait. I've got to get my priorities in order. Like run first, everything else second.

QOTD: 40.62% on trails this year. Far too low and this includes race mileage. Part of this is that the trails that I have to run are 20-35 miles from the house. Anything closer includes a lot of dirt roads and very little trail.

At the same time it's easy for me to step right out the door and hit the roads. About half of the road running that  I do is on dirt roads and hilly with grades in the 8-14% range so It's not necessarily easy running.

sugnim

Good Friday morning all.  I hope you have the day off of work.  My boss was generous and gave us all 2 days for the Fourth.  I got in 5 easy miles this morning with my dog.  Later today, I will probably go swimming in our new pool!  I found a great deal on an above-ground 4 ft deep pool on Craig's List and just couldn't pass it up.

QOTD:  Right now, and for the past month, I've been mostly running on roads preparing for the HM I'm running next weekend.   But this is going to be my last road race, and so I will probably end up doing about 75% of my mile on trails, and 25% on roads for the miles it takes to get to the trails.

DigDug2

Morning, all.  SRD for me - race tomorrow.

QOTD:  probably 30-40% on roads.  My daily 5-7 mile runs are probably 50% on roads (to get to trails from my back door), and weekend longer runs are mostly on trails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon, Trailers,

Back from work and just waiting for lunch to settle before heading out into the heat. 84 degrees and 65% humidity should make for a nice run. I'll see how much I get in, my legs and my whole body are tired today, and I seem not to be able to keep up with hydrating, even with the holiday. I'm out of shape!

warden: Enjoy the cooled and dried air!

Chnaiur: Nice workout, nice warmup.

Jamie: Hope you'll find the mojo for tomorrow's long run. Better getting out early, still half-asleep, than dying in the heat.

DD1: That's a runner!

sugnim: Sounds like a nice pool - hope it will work for you!

DD2: Enjoy the rest, and good luck for tomorrow! What race is it?

QOTD: That can vary a lot, usually about 1/3, but I have phases when I run mostly gravel roads (almost no pavement at all), and then phases when I am mostly on trails. Right now, with the snakes being abundant, it's more gravel and logging roads than trails, but they all have nice hills, so I'm good.

Run for fun.

Low_O2

Happy Friday all! Hope everyone had a good 4th.

SRD for me and the dog today. Got in a couple nice trail runs Wed evening and yesterday morning. Not sure what's on deck for the weekend, looks like my plans to head up to Colorado aren't going to work out so I need to find some open trails here to get in my long run.

QOTD: So far this year I am at 74% trails, 26% roads. Sorry I'm a numbers guy so no "roughly" for me.... Smile Used to be a bit higher percentage on trails, but more road time for me since DS arrived back in Jan.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Snowdenrun

Only 10 miles so far this week. Undecided I need to get my shit together.

QOTD: Depends. This summer I've been on the roads more. About 40% on roads. Over the winter I was on the road only about 5%. Bears in the summer and freezing rain in the winter sets that for me.

Watoni

SCD (recovery through mellow cycling).

Yesterday I braved the crowds and ran around from Stinson Beach up to the ridge. Watch was showing nice and cool at the beach, but almost 100 at times on the exposed ridge. Wanted to run shirtless on the ridge so I left the hydration pack and went with a handheld .... big mistake. Ran out of water, hiked almost two miles until I could get a bit of water and then ran back across the ridge and down the awesome Matt Davis trail -- in my mind that rivals the stairs on the Dipsea for sure and it really wild. Talked to someone here who many years was riding horses up that trail and one of the horses fell off a bridge on Matt Davis -- now horses are not allowed.

If I recall how to post pics I will do so later ...

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did get a run in a baby run of 4.6 yesterday.  It was hot so tried to stick in the trees and along the canal so Earl could jump in if needed.  Did not get up this am but boss just told me I have to take 3 hours off or lose it, so I will be leaving early and may run before heading out to the races.

qotd:  The only road I have is about .5 from my house to the trail so I am guessing that will equal 15% overtime.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Afternoon!

5 miles on the fire road last night thru the wild blueberry preserve.  Sadly, still too early for picking, otherwise it would have been a dual purpose tripSmile

don't know what is planned for later.  Might be a rest day and a short hike with my niece.

qotd: about 50%, I count paved trails.

Misty

16 miles of trails for me this morning! I'm still slow as molasses but I'm getting better on the climbs. I saw 3 deer Smile

qotd: I ran my very first trail run On May 18th (a HM). Since then I've done another trail HM, a trail 10 miler an 2 trail runs on my own (14 and 16 miles). That's all. I have to drive an hour to get the nearest trail system but I plan on getting out there 1x/week; I can go run on my parents land that's mostly rolling posture so I'm going to try to hit that for 1-2 shorter runs/week if I can. So, most of my running is on roads due to limited access Sad

Misty

Bless your heart.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

11 miles in the heat (1300 vert ft), 84 deg at a dewpoint (is this our new unit?) of 72F. Dead  I needed 32 oz of fluids and 100 calories along the way to keep going, but strangely, after a 1-minute break at my car, I felt like I could have run it a second time. Once I'm warmed up, it does not matter how far I go, it seems. Time for a long run again, I guess.

Worst part of those heat runs is just getting out of those dripping wet clothes (think bra-top, and loose shorts clinging to you like a swimsuit) in the air-conditioned bathroom! Surprised

Run for fun.

ceezy

7 miles- Good effort, had a decent climb I powered up and felt fairly strong considering the heat...my watch went crazy somewhere on my way back and I ended up only getting 6 on my watch Roll eyes

Good luck to all of those racing this weekend. Smile