Trailer Trash

My Interview With Traci Falbo (Read 37 times)

Occasional Runner

Traci Falbo just broke the women's 100 mile trail record. Earlier this year, she set a new women's world record in the 48 hour. She's a stud and I interviewed her here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2014/11/the-world-needs-more-traci-falbo.html

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not finished reading it, I have ADHD so I like to flip through web pages while reading others 

Her, along with so many others ( Sally Mcrae, I just watched that small video of her and the WS100))))Anna Frost, Michelle Yates, and Kristy Moehl just to name a few) are my role models. Screw those fake attention whores like Kim, Miley... any of them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Uh oh... now what?

Well done, that was enjoyable to read -- thanks Kelly.

Occasional Runner

Well done, that was enjoyable to read -- thanks Kelly.

Knowing your interest in such things, I was hoping you would stumble across this. Thanks for checking it out, John.

some call me Tim

Nice interview, Kelly. With one big and two little runner chicks in the family, I really appreciate these stories and they always get passed along. I especially like sitting down with my 7 year old and painting her a picture of what she could do. Freesoul, I shot a bunch of video for a friend at the Cayuga Trails 50 this year and it was great to see Magdalena and Krissy- just awesomely talented runners and super positive and friendly. Those are the kind of women I want my daughters looking up to!

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  Like you, I have a problem with the way the media tries to push people on us yet rarely mentions the good guys.  Nice story.

I followed her at the 6 Days at the Dome and remember seeing the pictures when she got all chocked up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice interview, Kelly. With one big and two little runner chicks in the family, I really appreciate these stories and they always get passed along. I especially like sitting down with my 7 year old and painting her a picture of what she could do. Freesoul, I shot a bunch of video for a friend at the Cayuga Trails 50 this year and it was great to see Magdalena and Krissy- just awesomely talented runners and super positive and friendly. Those are the kind of women I want my daughters looking up to!

I stalk a few of them on FB and twitter  Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to meet them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Uh oh... now what?

Sorry.

Occasional Runner

You're exactly right, John. You are too literal.

LB2

Nice interview. Her first 100 miler was Cajun Coyote. I remember thinking when I heard about that AR that her name sounded familiar.

LB2

Watoni

Nice interview, and great story.

Have you done much of this before? I think you might have a future in it Smile

Occasional Runner

Have you done much of this before? I think you might have a future in it Smile

HA! I haven't and I only decided to do this because I'm going through a dry spell with my racing while I train for Cajun Coyote and felt like writing something. I also didn't think Traci was getting the recognition she deserved for all the stuff she's accomplished this year.

dpc3

Great interview, inspires me and makes me wonder what we are truly capable of if we dedicate and prioritize in our lives.