Trailer Trash

Rainy Tuesdaily (Read 34 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! I hope everyone is off to a greatstart for their day!

I had such a great run last night. It was in the pouring down rain and a thunderstorm. It has been a long time since I've been out during a great storm. The trail is mostly in heavy woods...so I don't feel too threatened by the lightening. It was the best 7 miles I've run in a while...and I have had a lot of good runs lately. I did wish I'd brought a flash light...it got really dark because of the storm.

We have had a lot of rain...everything is very lush and green...but I hope it dries out a bit.

Qotd: what makes a run really great for you? Rain? Heat? Running a fast time?  Running with a buddy? Describe the best training run you have had in the last few months.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning trailers!

Biking yesterday didn't happen...I felt out of whack when I got home from work, so it was a nap instead.  I'm going to get that bike ride in today instead.

QOTD: I will go with nature encounters.  My best runs are when I can say "I saw a bald eagle" or a coyote, or baby turkeys.  I also feel pretty good when I do progression runs and increase the pace along the way.

If anyone is in the market for a waist pack the REI Deal of the Day is a "GoLite Hydrocruise" lumbar pack.  I know nothing about it.

**Ask me about streaking**

LB2

10 after work. I was going to run yesterday for 5, but it is normally an SRD. When I got home, I decided to keep with the rest. I got a little behind in my running mileage this month, but I always advise people to not try to make up miles, just move on. I think it is good advice, but I rarely take my own advice.

QOTD: Good question. My best runs are certainly not in the heat or direct exposure to sun for long periods of time. Direct exposure seems to suck the life out of me almost immediately. I enjoy running at night, a lot. I am very comfortable alone in the woods at night, kind of weird, but it works for me, usually.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  I'm working early shifts all this week, so no more 5:30 AM runs.  I'll run this afternoon (6-ish miles), while not really hot (predicted high of 79) I'm sure it will kick my butt as I've been running in the mid 40's to low 50's.  I definitely need to acclimate as best I can to warmer weather, I do everything to avoid it (I'll even run at night if need be), but consequently often suffer during races Sad

qotd: my most memorable runs are in the mountains where I can soak up lots of scenery

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Morning Trailers!  I'm working early shifts all this week, so no more 5:30 AM runs.  I'll run this afternoon (6-ish miles), while not really hot (predicted high of 79) I'm sure it will kick my butt as I've been running in the mid 40's to low 50's.  I definitely need to acclimate as best I can to warmer weather, I do everything to avoid it (I'll even run at night if need be), but consequently often suffer during races Sad

qotd: my most memorable runs are in the mountains where I can soak up lots of scenery

Wow. It was 78* here at 5:30 this morning. It has been extremely hot and muggy here.

LB2

DigDug2

Morning, all.  Easy 5-ish on the rail trail this morning - planning to run a 5k race this evening, wanted to shake the legs out.

QOTD:  my favorite runs are when I'm feeling really strong/energetic in the middle of the run and pick up the pace - it does feel like "speed play" and racing myself purely for the fun of it.  Heat is definitely not part of any of my memorable runs - rain, sometimes.

AT-runner

Tim

I saw boobies on my run today!     I was on a remote trail and came to a small clearing and caught a couple in the middle of making love.  Woman was on top (and topless) and let out a pretty good scream when she heard me.  As I passed (8 feet away), I said "nice day" and went on my way.  When I got to a road crossing, 2 cars were parked off to the side, so I was wondering if their respective spouses know why their cars are so muddy. 

QOTD:  See above.  If no boobies, then I love seeing water views.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 5...somthing..watch died.

QOTD:  A really good run for me is when it is fairly effortless.  I just run and feel great the whole time...maybe I had a friend with me...maybe I spottted a wild animal or was in a place with an awesome view.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

12 hard miles yesterday with lots of vertical.

I felt good afterwards, which is a good sign considering I had done the race on Sunday, but I still (and purpousely) trashed my legs. Gotta love those quads screaming.

Deer (Dear?) Flies were really bad, though, and I sure got in a good upper body workout, too, flapping my arms and waving all over.

Undecided about what's on tap today, might be a rest day, or just a few evening miles.

QOTD: I love it when I can get into cruising mode mid-run, and pick up the pace. Does not matter if the start was tough, or if I get exhausted toward the end. I also love running in heat and humidity, up to about 90 degrees, or a little less if it is really muggy. Only sun exposure can be tough on me at times, I prefer the shade, if possible.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I saw boobies on my run today!     I was on a remote trail and came to a small clearing and caught a couple in the middle of making love.  Woman was on top (and topless) and let out a pretty good scream when she heard me.  As I passed (8 feet away), I said "nice day" and went on my way.  When I got to a road crossing, 2 cars were parked off to the side, so I was wondering if their respective spouses know why their cars are so muddy. 

QOTD:  See above.  If no boobies, then I love seeing water views.

Hahahahaha.  Excellent.  Were they nice boobies, at least?   Once I saw a guy getting a BJ from a woman with her top off, but bra still on.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Hahahahaha.  Excellent.  Were they nice boobies, at least?   Once I saw a guy getting a BJ from a woman with her top off, but bra still on.

the most interesting thing I've spotted was a Scarlett taninger. You all have interesting scenery!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

the most interesting thing I've spotted was a Scarlett taninger. You all have interesting scenery!

I saw a guy taking care of himself with a bag on his head and two eyes cut out....I would have rather seen boobies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I've never met any mean boobies.  

All I can say was this was probably to only exercise these two had in a while.  They did not look like cross-fitters.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 15 miles up on the mountain. Saw quite a few other trail runners/hikers. The first one had apparently stopped for a break. When I came around the corner he immediately took off loping down the trail away from me. Black fur shimmering and shining in the scattered sunlight that was filtering through the trees. I came around another corner to see a black face with two furry ears sticking up looking at me over a laurel bush. After about 30 seconds  he decided to abandon the trail and took the cross country route.

Two ridges over on a grassy forest road I came up behind two separate runners. Apparently I startled them because they bounded away white tails in the air then jumped off to the side to let me pass.

Several miles further on on a nice plush trail I came on a mother and about 10-12 of her brood apparently out for a hike. Mom didn't seem to trust me as she clucked and fluttered and got all the kiddos off the trail. (Maybe she thought I was LB2 ) Some were even able to fly a short distance.

Several hundred yards away I surprised another runner apparently taking advantage of a aid station. I have run by this one many times and never realized that it was there. Of course it's disguised as a old log with a bunch of tasty grubs underneath. As soon as this runner saw me he headed up the mountain side. I kind of felt bad as it seemed he was older. His fur was not in very good shape and he had splotches of brown on his back. He was also rather slow. I hope he came back to finish off the grubs. I left them for him, not my type of fare .

The best part? After seeing/meeting all of that I didn't see any slithery critters.

Seeing two bear, two deer, and multiple turkey on one run is definitely more then I'm used to. Overall the run was slower then I would have liked but I'm not complaining.  But I didn't see any boobies!!!

QOTD: Scenery and wildlife. See above post for description of best run in quite some time.

Had to bail on the trip Sad

My knee acted up and I decided that I was unsure enough about it to not head out into the woods in remote Idaho locales that would be hard to bail out from.  So I am back home again after a LOT of driving.

QOTD: I love weather (including the good, the bad, or the really bad), wildlife, and scenery.  I think those make the best runs for me.  It is hard to pick one best run, I enjoy them all.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida