Trailer Trash

Foggy Wednesdalies (Read 38 times)

The pooch and I took it easy on a 5 mile trail run in the fog this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

Doing intervals this PM. Did 15x1x1 last week, and really liked it. I'm allowing myself to run faster this year, and I really enjoy it more.

Had a wonderful, magical run last night: made it out during sunset and ran by a lake and waterfall under the full moon.

QOTD: Anyone using foam rollers or massage sticks? I've started rolling a few nights every week, and now that I'm through the initial pain, my legs feel much better. Releasing all the knots during the first two weeks were very intense though.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a muddy 5 mile run yesterday after work.  There were so many puddles out, that I just decided to embrace the mud rather than try to go around them.  I sought out the deepest part of the puddles and had a great time getting muddy.  Also, I love my goretex running shoes & wool socks which kept my feet warm & dry throughout the messy run.

QOTD:  I have a rolling stick, a foot rubz ball, and a bonger massage tool, but I don't use them too often.  Typically I only get them out when I have a minor injury.  For general soreness, I drink tart cherry juice each day.

moonlightrunner

Good afternoon!

A rest day for me today. Yesterday's snow run was a little bit more o a fire workout than I could do. I've pulled something out o sack on my torso...so I will rest. Spent so.e time trying to get a training plan together...now all I have to do is run them!

way to go on the magical moonlight run and the mud run. Sounds like fun!

Qotd: no

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Were back to cold and snow, did 10 this morning with a biting wind chill of -2

QOTD: The wife took her rolling pin back for baking during the holidays but I have a piece of 6 inch PCV pipe I use as a roller but I usually only use it when something starts hurting or getting tight.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Sounds like people are having some nice runs, despite the weather and mud. I had

another great run this morning; 6 road miles, but temps were wicked hot at about 37*.

QOTD: I use a foam roller several times a week (usually during Jeopardy). I'm skeptical

of most things but that thing really seems to help with injury prevention. I also use a tennis

ball for those goofy-named muscles in the butt area.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

Felt really good about the fast miles yesterday...after the first mile I held 5 at a sub 7 min pace.  I haven't run that fast for that long in a while, but the legs were there and although it wasn't easy I could have done another 1+.  Today the plan is for an easy 7 around the neighborhood.

QOTD: I don't, but I'm considering.  It seems like for road runners foam rolling is pretty much a given.  I self massage if anything is overly sore/out of whack.  I did "borrow" the rolling pin a few times last year (agreement was that I would saran wrap it before use).

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Had time for short road run at lunch.  Fog was pretty thick and I really wished I was in the woods.  I love running on trails in the fog.  Makes you fell like you are all alone.

QOTD:  No rolling and no stretching for me.  Did both many years ago, and I actually feel better if I don't stretch or roll.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Went out for 6.8 early this morning. It was foggy and I was having trouble even seeing the dog...until I took off my glasses, which were clouded over by all the mist.  Doh!!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

runtraildc

Hi all!  After bailing on yesterday's planned workout (2nd day in a row), I thought I'd better run before posting today.  Got in 9 miles on the downhill, paved trail and a section of C& O Canal.  The fog had cleared to a nice sunny and warm day.

qotd:  Yes, as needed.  I got one a few years ago when I had some hamstring issues.  My DS uses it more than I do and it's usually on his upper shoulders/back (swimmer).  I figure it was money well spent.

muppy

I got in a foggy 4 this morning.

QOTD I have a roller I use when I think of it, and I keep a stick roller at work for sore spots when needed.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have running date after work in the dark...weather what weather.  It's mid 60s and sunny.  Yet I am runnning in the dark.

QOTD:  I bought a roller when I had an ITB issue and it seemed to help.  Haven't used it since and I don't stretch.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

5 or so tonight through the woods, just easy...

QOTD: I have used them before, and I do have a decent foam roller. I only use it when I feel like I need it, ie. something is tight or hurts.

LB2

QOTD:  I use "The Stick" on an as needed basis.  I don't need it often, but it works great when I do.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

KreegSauceRuns

7.4 in 67 min at lunch.  Nice and easy today.

QOTD:  I have the stick but I don't use it as often as I probably should.  It hurts.  And tickles.  And I kind of can't stand it.  But I think it helps.  So maybe I should get over it.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC