Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 26 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Last night I had a rainy night run out on the 9 mile loop at the state park. Things went much netter with an adequate light...but it was still a tough go. I did get lost a little. Between the darkness, the change in landscape appearance and heavy leaf fall....it is easy to miss even a familiar turn of the trail...at least to those of us with no sense of direction. Today I will run the 10 mile bike path. I feel the need to run a little faster than a dark trail allows.

Qon: I think it is good you and DH are keeping things civil. After some time passed my ex and I became friends. He and wife #3 often come to my extended family functions. I hope you find peace and happiness along your journey.

Qotd: have you seen any good movies lately...at home or in the theater? I don't go yo movies at the theater, I have no TV or internet. I watch the 6 same DVD's over and over. I need suggestions to expand my selection!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Was a busy week for me so while I lurked some I was largely absent. Did get some good runs in including a great interval workout yesterday. Started in the dark and as it got lighter it was just magical. The Arb was in spectacular colors, prairie and forest. Yeah, I could run my intervals on a nearby track but I was pretty happy with that wheel measured route of mine yesterday. So I arranged a couple days off from work and am up at the shack. Couple projects to get done before the snow flies, some trails, and bird hunting now without foliage and now with cooler temps should be sweet.

Queen--  everyone else has weighed in so I might as well too. Make him suffer. No need to be civil after he has disrespected you like that. Change the locks and throw his crap out into the yard. Take all you can and then some. POS.   You deserve so much better.

Moonlight--I stocked my cabin with DVD's (appr. 150) by making occasional shopping trips to a large local pawn shop. Average price of $2.00. Open each case to make sure the right movie is there and looks in good shape. I know you're aiding the thieves by providing a market for their goods but so what. It's all about you.

QOTD--Well last week I watched "Killer Elite" with J Statham, DeNiro, and C Owen. How could a movie with those three guys be so awful??

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got my rifle sighted in this morning, good to go now

going to run the local 30k Don't Fence Me In course this afternoon, this one always kills me off  

qotd: anything by Coen brothers- Fargo, the Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou, No Country For Old Men, True Grit, Inside Llewyn Davis to name a few  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Slow day around here, eh?  I went for a 25 mile bike ride.  I think Kelly's doing some insane thing like an unsupported 100 with a couple of gallons of water on his back right now.

QOTD: I don't really watch movies.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Worked last night, got home around 8, went to bed and didn't get up until 1 pm. I had planned on going deer hunting but decided not to. The weather was quite warm and we are busy for the weekend.  This meant that if I did bag something I wouldn't be able to care for the meat properly. In addition to that DS was home and was interested in doing some general shooting and going for a run with me. In the end we put on about 5 miles. The old man still is as fast as the kid on longer runs .

QOTD: I can't really get into watching movies, however, there are some that I do like.  I really like the Lord of The Rings Trilogy and I've seen the first of the newly released Hobbit series and like that as well.  If I had to dig into DW's and the kid's collections and watch something it would probably be things such as The Lion King, Twister, Con-Air. Mostly I prefer to watch old TV shows such as M.A.S.H, Emergency or Hogans Heroes. We have the entire collection of these on DVD and that is what I will watch while doing a trainer workout.

Sandy-2

Did 10 miles along the Jeju coast trail again. It's pretty well marked and goes all the way around the island, about 125 miles.  Some parts are paved, some on roads, boardwalk, dirt, beach, volcanic boulders, etc. I did an out and back for the section near the hotel.

Qotd:

qotd: anything by Coen brothers- 

Agree, their latest "Budipest Grand Hotel" is good, but you have to stick with it at times.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen--  everyone else has weighed in so I might as well too. Make him suffer. No need to be civil after he has disrespected you like that. Change the locks and throw his crap out into the yard. Take all you can and then some. POS.   You deserve so much better.

Thanks for the  words...but I am ok with peace.

mt bike with said sob and kicked his ass !

Qord:  Into the Wild is a great movie...the book even better..  It's about life and humans and how flawed we are but expect others not to be...i bawl every time I see that movie ..Ps your library my be a good source of online indi films...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Ran a little over 12, with a couple decent climbs. Had a little stomach issue on the way back, so did not go longer.

QOTD: I tend to watch things with my kids (lots of old movies, some newer stuff). On my own, I watch some mindless stuff and some lesser known movies. I suggest you watch Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire.

Queen, peace is fine, but it should be your peace and you need to protect yourself -- it is not martyrdom. I assume he is ok if you bring home a young running stud just for fun Smile