Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdaily (Read 26 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is wickedly wet on the east coast and I believe into the midwest.  It will be a total wash today.  Thankfully I made the decision to get out last night for a late night run even though I didn't feel like it.  But I had the best paced run I have had in a long time and felt great afterwards.  That is usually the case when my body is struggling prior to a run and I force myself to get out.  Today will be a zero day.

QOTD: Do you believe in ghosts? (if you do, any god ghost stories)

I do not.  I think all the ghost hunters are wasting their time.  It did make for a good movie though back in the 80's.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning all. Drizzling here, with heavy rain and thunder for later.  I got 3 miles in yesterday- not far, but fast and hilly.   I'm still figuring out today-- hoping for a break in the rain, but we'll see what happens.

Jamie-- are you doing Stone Mill?  We found out we'll be at the 18 mile AS.

Lace-- how did the beer mile go?

Harrier-- get any birds yet?

qotd: No, I'm too left brained  to logically explain ghosts.  But then, I've had close family (my sister) who believed her house had a ghost and she couldn't logically explain the phenomena.   And then there's my 'ghost' trail, where the intern was killed.  It really seems spooky at times.  And I've heard that from others.

Occasional Runner

Short trail run with the Pointer Sisters and then core work in the gym. We had the most spectacular sunrise over the mountains this morning. It was just unreal.

QOTD: Not even a little.

Lace-- how did the beer mile go?

It was awesome! I ran it, but I didn't want to finish on the podium at my own race, so I came in 4th. We had a huge after party at our house. Fun was had by all.

Here are the trophies I made...

NorthernHarrier

So I go to my seasonal gig which is not yet getting me the hours I had hoped when I was hired and a whole bunch of us got sent home after just two hours. Hmmm. May have to make a change. Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if it was actually a nice day here. But I still do have stuff to do around here since I have been up north every weekend so...

It was to be a rest day but my circumstances have changed so I'll be heading off to the Arb and run some intervals. I'll try to squeeze that into my busy day.   I was pleasantly surprised yesterday on my run on the mtn. bike trails near my shack as the entire trail system had just been leaf blown. A blissful 7.5 miles. Should have stayed up another day I guess.

runtrail--Some success though not as good as other years. Grouse numbers are down somewhat and my shooting is a little suspect. (I don't whack them while they sit on the ground ) But no need to become a vegetarian yet.   Adding--more deer ticks on me and the dog than birds in the bag. I see a course of doxycycline on the horizon for both of us.

QOTD--No

AT-runner

Tim

Raining buckets here. I was supposed to run with Beer Runners tonight, but may just treadmill instead.  Wow, I can't believe I just typed that, I must be getting sick or something.

Parade was nice. I didn't have to walk with DW as she had plenty of her employee's kids that showed up. I watched from the sidelines instead. I always like the Halloween Parade, as to me, it marks the end of tourist season.

QOTD:  I say no, but I've had some strange things happen and DD#1 swears she saw a ghost on the battlefield.  Gettysburg is crawling with Ghost Hunters, and with 51,000 casualties during the battle, if there are ghosts, this would be a good place.

When we bought our very old house 24 years ago, It was in such bad shape that I worked on it for 2 months before we moved in (we had 2 small kids at the time). One night I was painting a bedroom and the hall light came on.  I looked around and turned it off (three way switch). 20 minutes later the light was on again. I turned it off again and finished up and went home. The next day when I went to the house, the light was on.  Over the years we have had things turn on or off and I've replaced almost every switch in the house and 70% new electric. That hall light has the same light bulb it has had since we bought the house.  Once in a long while it will be on. Ghosts or old house electrical? I'm going with electrical.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

If it ever stops raining I'm going running. Under flood warning. No power last night. Glad I bought a generator.

qotd  If you ever go to Charlston SC do the ghost tour. They hung a man & wife. Ask her last request  Hang him first.

After they hung him she ask if anyone would marry her. If someone would her name would change and she would not be hung.

She had killed like 15 people so there were no takers.

muppy

6.1 miles on the boardwalk with 30 to 40 mile an hour winds.

QOTD I  I don't believe in ghosts.  I  I have a friend who swears that she has a happy ghost in her house.  Her dog will just start barking in a specific direction for no reason with his fur standing up and be scared to go in a room he's normally not scared of.

LB2

I ran 5 this morning, and I plan to do that again this evening.

QOTD: I like to believe there are things out there that we cannot explain with logic. And I'll leave it at that. I do, however, believe that the paranormal people are kooks.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

lace - gorgeous picture.  And so nice of you not to take a podium spot! The cans on your #3 finisher awards is crushed...purposely I assume.

runtraildc - as of now I am planning on showing up.  I have not been able to get in any runs of length since my 50k in early October.  I am still trying to figure out how to do so soon.  But yes I will be there.  I'll give you a definite shortly before race day though.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

lace - gorgeous picture.  And so nice of you not to take a podium spot! The cans on your #3 finisher awards is crushed...purposely I assume.

Yeah, the crushed can is intentional. The winner trophies are adorned with a 16 ounce can, 2nd place gets the 12 ounce, and 3rd gets the crumpled 12 ounce.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No runner here, just because  I am lazy and had better things to do this morning.  Does laziness qualify as a running injury?

QOTD:  NO but I'm still scared of them???

Northern:  You need to start posting your runs and your work.  It's hard to keep track of whether you are employed or not.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Boring day work here. Go lives can be that way. I got up early to run. It was raining. I went back to bed. I am a loser. Maybe tonight.

Qotd: yes. I do believe.  No good personal stories though.

Lace: your race sounds like it was fun...nice bling. It would make me want to drink beer just to participate.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Went elk hunting this morning; conditions far from ideal- no snow, full moon (they'll feed all night and bed most of the day), crunchy dry, but I went anyways; tough 3/4 mile climb right off the bat (tip toe), when I get to the little saddle and start glassing- two nice bulls in a small meadow- unfortunately a little over a 1/2 mile as the crow flies and I could tell they were headed to bed.  Made a big loop up and around so I could possible come down on them and have the wind in my face.  A couple of hours later (and several miles and a bunch of elevation +/-) I jumped a elk, never got to see it, not sure if it was one of the bulls I saw earlier or not (I had to guess where I had seen them- several little confusing finger ridges).  Anywho that's how almost all elk hunting goes

if you squint a little, it almost looks like I'm smiling 

qotd: no, but when someone runs over a bigfoot, I'll start believing in them Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

So far I've spent the whole day running, as in running calls. For some reason it's a very busy day.  For some reason my legs are sore from the past two days so I guess a rest day is a good thing.

QOTD:

Last Friday my one partner aseds me this same question and showed me a picture with a form of a woman walking down some steps. It was one of those random pictures that was taken with no idea something else may have been there. It was where her son was working, in the break room during a lunch break. The figure quite clearly has a hatchet in her right hand.

So, do I believe in ghosts?  Well I believe in God, Jesus Christ, the Devil and Angels. They are all spirits. To me a ghost is a spirit so therefore I do believe in ghosts. Would i ever go hunting for them? Nope. Does there potential presence excite or bother me? Nope.

As far as any personal stories go the only thing I can think of at this point is hearing footsteps in the farmhouse that I grew up in. It was built in the 1860s and at one time was a motel and possibly had a barroom in it. I'm sure there was a lot of history there and a few deaths. If it was a ghost wandering about it never bothered us and we never bothered it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

This morning it was so dark until way into mid-morning that I wondered if the sun had forgotten to rise. Rain instead.

So I spent the day at work, not too much to do, which is really rare. Nice for a change, once or twice a year, though.

Now I'm heading out for a run in the rain. Light drizzle only, and warm (60's), so it should be fine.

Jamie: Stone Mill should be fun. I'd like to run that one one more time again, too. But I'm afraid it won't happen this year.

lace: Nice picture, wonderful sunrise!

Muppy: Kite sailing might have been the highlight of the day instead?

QOTD: No, but I have what I call my "sixth sense". I have had strange things happen, which cannot really be explained, but then, things just happen. I don't think "ghosts" are responsible for them, and I find people who want to explain "paranormal" things with pseudo-science just twisted.

Run for fun.