Trailer Trash

The Tuesday (Read 29 times)

runtraildc

Not a creative title for the daily, but hey, it works.  Tuesday's are rarely exciting as it is.   Yesterday ended up a yard work day before the rains moved in, so I just managed that and a short treadmill run at the gym.  Still raining-- damp and cold-- I guess winter's here.

So today, I'll get to the gym for a strength workout, and get 3 or 4 miles in once the rain lets up.

qotd:  pass

LB2

Rest today. I'll get out for a short little run tomorrow morning or afternoon, and that will be it until Saturday morning.

qotd: Pass.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  more snow for us today, I'm sure the mountains got even more; my run yesterday saw 4-6" of snow

Going to get 5-6 miles in this morning.

qotd: after NH's comment yesterday about not running over 14 miles and feeling better, it got me thinking that almost all of my 50k's have been pretty tough on me, while my shorter races 15-20 miles were much less so.

what do you feel is your "ideal" distance for races?  I'm thinking that 15-20 miles is getting pretty close to my sweet spot, not that I'm more competitive (although I think I might actually be after looking at results), but a good compromise of fun and pain 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

qotd:  Mine is 10 miles.  Easy to run just on my base miles and there really isn't a recovery.  And there are a few, fun races around here that do this distance.

NHLA

6 miles on the mt. Sun came out. 4 seasons running club starting a thurs more group run at fletcher park. I might join in.

qotd  10k is my best distance.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am taking another zero today.  Knee feeling slightly better.  Been icing, ibu, relaxing.  Maybe a run tomorrow to see how it feels.

warden - you're really making me cold by this snow talk.

QOTD: Not really any short or intermediate trail races my way (there are a bunch in the Reading area but that is too far to run for a short race).  Having said that, I think the 10-15 mile distance is great.  I feel I can push the pace, relatively speaking, and not feel like I will be sorry for doing so later.  I have been comfortable with runs under 4 hours for a few years. I feel like there is a period at 4 hours, 5 hours that just really get me.  But the in longer races, it seems to come back to me so I take it as just enduring through the bad spots.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thinking about a possible rest day.

QOTD: probably considered blasphemy here, but 800m and the mile (track, not road) are my ideal distances.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.6 ths morning.  It had rained the last 2 days so everything was sparkling this morning.  I paused at the top of the hill to enjoy the view...mountains and valleys with white clouds coming up.   The colors were pretty too, not back east/mid west pretty but Nor Cal golden browns and greens.

It's like a mini Friday today since I have Veterans day off tomorrow.

QOTD:  I say 15 to 20 it's like totally runnable even when there are hills...although I hate being at races with longer runs because I feel like I am taking the easy way out.  Of course their all drinking beers and having a good time while I am still out there. 

Jamie:  Read "been icing" as beer icing.    hope that leg gets better.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD: I would say 100K. I usually feel like crap for 40 miles then start feeling great at 40. I've only run one 100K. My time wasn't great, but I was pretending it was a 100 mile race. Nevertheless, I really started feeling good about 38 miles into it. I think I could get pretty good at that distance if I applied myself. Personally, I don't think there is anything like a 100 mile race, but my ideal distance would be 100K, just not necessarily my favorite distance.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Just came off a rough stretch at work, 60 hours in 4 days. That leaves me feeling  .  Did get in a real short run yesterday. Not sure what today will bring. Hope to get in 4.5-5 but there is a cold rain so it might be the elliptical.

QOTD:  Probably the 1/2 marathon.  It's long enough to feel like a race, and if I'm trained it's easy to push hard without blowing up. At the same time if I'm not trained very well, I can still get through it.  The 20+ mile stuff takes a lot more training for me to even hobble through.

NorthernHarrier

Weights this morning and then a nice 9.5 on the trails of one of our county parks. Very pleasant. Now I'm thinking about maybe doing a 5 mile trail race Sat. that is at a venue in central Wisconsin that I could do on my way to my shack. I have mountain biked there before and it is a pretty sweet trail system plus it would fit into the type of training I want to do right now. Despite being only a 5 mile race the topography in there will knock the snot out of me if I really push it. So I'm kind of talking myself into it.

QOTD--I used to think the trail marathon was the perfect event but these days it would be the trail half and the 25k. No long training buildup that leaves you with constant fatigue plus you can push the pace a little and if you're having a good day it's over too soon.  Adding that we have plenty of events in those distances around here to fill your schedule.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all... Misty rainy run on the trails along Green Lane at lunch with the Lady. We did our typical 7 mile loop. Fairly nice day if you don't mind a little moisture. It was at most a light rain at the end. Thought I'd have the place to myself but wandered into a hiker towards the turn around point of the loop. Innov8 roclites with the aggressive lugs worked well with the wet leaves and rocks.

QOTD: Ha, best distance for racing. None. Ha. Well, back in the day I was pretty steady at the marathon. Could find a solid pace and lock into it.. for 22-23 miles, before the slight fade set it. These days, who knows. I do tend to notice when I do longer races (LH 70 miler for example) I tend to feel more "settled" into the race around 25-30 miles. I like to race trail 15k's now and then as it's a distance you can run hard.

LB2 - How many 100's have you done?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Weights this morning and then a nice 9.5 on the trails of one of our county parks. Very pleasant. Now I'm thinking about maybe doing a 5 mile trail race Sat. that is at a venue in central Wisconsin that I could do on my way to my shack. I have mountain biked there before and it is a pretty sweet trail system plus it would fit into the type of training I want to do right now. Despite being only a 5 mile race the topography in there will knock the snot out of me if I really push it. So I'm kind of talking myself into it.

Don't think, just do it!!!! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Don't think, just do it!!!! 

So you're just gonna be my enabler I see. 

Alright, no drama, just do it.   Means I have to leave the dogs home though. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So you're just gonna be my enabler I see. 

Alright, no drama, just do it.   Means I have to leave the dogs home though. 

Screw the race, bring the puppies instead!

Running is dumb.