Trailer Trash

Easter Sundailies (Read 41 times)

TT - You have to tell Marley to come to an agreement with the fox. If the fox doesn't hole up, Marley will only chase but won't catch. A few years back when I still had a pooch he had one of those agreements with the backyard squirrels. If was rather fun to watch them play ring around the bushes.

Marley has that agreement with the rabbits and squirrels at home.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

Hello all!

Got in another 10 along the river trail today with the dog and DS in the stroller. Beautiful weather we're having!

QOTD: I used to LOVE Peeps. Like eat entire packages of those marshmallowy creatures at a time. Now I just eat maybe one on occasion.

NorthernHarrier

Back home after a nice vacation in Key West. Lived like a high roller including a week long stay at the finest hotel on the big pond. Now back to reality and waiting for the credit card bill. Yikes!   Fun though to pretend to be rich.

Did a few easy runs down there including a run I've done in the past there that while only about 5 miles is still one that I consider "epic" as it is run on the beaches of Bahia Honda which is a pretty sweet state park there. Just the overall setting makes it pretty special in my mind.

But back here I did get a 7 miler in today along with weights and elliptical. Like I said --back to reality. Bleh!

QOTD-- I like most candy somewhat but I just won't touch those peeps. Disgusting.

TT - You have to tell Marley to come to an agreement with the fox. If the fox doesn't hole up, Marley will only chase but won't catch. A few years back when I still had a pooch he had one of those agreements with the backyard squirrels. If was rather fun to watch them play ring around the bushes.

Have to mention I have two active fox dens on my property up north. Somewhere in my archives I've got some nice photos of a fox kit playing in front of one of them shot with a long telephoto pre-digital. Fox kits should be just showing up about now. But also back in time with 2 previous Springers I had they worked in concert one day and caught an adult on my property. Sadly the fox was toast before I could get the dogs off it. I had always read how predators can work in teams naturally but that was something to see.

Lace-- I had an older Gregory that I have used on some longer self-supported runs. They make some excellent gear. This particular pack was just a little short in the torso so I did just recently hand it down to my daughter. Great pack though. I'll still "borrow" it back if I feel the need.

muppy

Daydreamer1, that would be the same trails at unamed hotel, from my humble hotel up on the hill we have a nice view of the med center!

Ultra Cowboy

Did 7 "easy"  around the block (country road with a 250 foot hill in the first half).  My sister joined me for the first mile and turned around as she planned to do.  I continued on as the day became sunny, warm and very humid between the rain showers.  Felt the effect of Thursday's speed work and the Friday night celebration of turning 39.  I MAY have registered for a race next Sunday...

Saturday we had the extended family  Easter at the coast. that evening my sister and nephew shot trap and .22's.    This a.m. we had my sisters' kids Easter egg hunt on the ranch between rain showers.

Nice and Wet here...Creek may start running again.

ETA: QOTD.  Meh I can take 'em or leave 'em.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Watoni

Got in a little over 9 miles and 1100 feet after yesterday's 17. 50+ weekly trail miles for the first time ever (4 runs, 2 bike rides, one day with my son for his birthday). The issue is that I have a 50 miler in a little less than 2 weeks

Keep thinking the Pearl Izumi Emotion N1s will turn out to be a great shoe but something about it made it hurt running downhill after 3 hours a few weeks ago. Cannot figure it out ... not blisters, not lack of protection, etc. Will probably try the 50 in La Sportiva Helios.

QOTD: No candy, wine!