Trailer Trash

My R2R2R Report and a TON of Pictures (Read 60 times)

Occasional Runner

I tried to keep it brief, but also wanted it to be useful. You can skim and look at the pictures.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-date-with-big-ditch-solo-winter.html

Thanks for checking it out!

Kelly

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sweet PBR selfie.  You know most people plan that trip for like a year right?  Congrats on the check mark...what's next?

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I read that somewhere.

I have two really cool "adventure" runs planned for the year. Both will be FKT attempts on well known trails. I'm withholding details for now but I'm excited about those.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready for the Coldwater Rumble 100 on 1/25.

Sweet PBR selfie.  You know most people plan that trip for like a year right?  Congrats on the check mark...what's next?

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

"HEY! Let's stop by the Grand Canyon so I can run the rim to rim to rim before we go home!"

Too damn funny.

Except of course that you have the experience and ability to actually pull it off.  Well done sir!

Thanks for the AWESOME photos, BTW..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

AT-runner

Tim

Sounds like a great trip, Kelly.  Thanks for the pictures. Did you refill your hydration pack up along they way?

You'll never get a PBR sponsor if you cover the label during a selfie.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I'm already having sponsor trouble over my frequent mention of beer while I run. That's my attempt at compromise.

I did refill once at Phantom Ranch on the return trip and I had planned to mention it but forgot. I probably only drank 2 liters of water during the run, which is about typical for me.

Sounds like a great trip, Kelly.  Thanks for the pictures. Did you refill your hydration pack up along they way?

You'll never get a PBR sponsor if you cover the label during a selfie.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm already having sponsor trouble over my frequent mention of beer while I run. That's my attempt at compromise.

I did refill once at Phantom Ranch on the return trip and I had planned to mention it but forgot. I probably only drank 2 liters of water during the run, which is about typical for me.

Hammer doesn't like your PBR promotion? 

I read the whole report -- sounded like a great day!  I would like to run R2R2R someday, but I am pretty sure I would need some more climbing in training than I can find here.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Hammer doesn't like your PBR promotion? 

I read the whole report -- sounded like a great day!  I would like to run R2R2R someday, but I am pretty sure I would need some more climbing in training than I can find here.

Log some miles on the Nasty Goat trail. It was the best thing I did while training for mountain running.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Great pictures! Who needs "planning" when you can just stop by the big ditch and run a little on your way home?!?

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Then they shouldn't be trying to sponsor an ultra runner since the two pretty much go hand in hand.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Very cool, Kelly. Thanks for allowing us to re-live your experience vicariously.

What was your total distance for the day? not including the final mile to meet Jo.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome pics and awesome adventure! You need to start a book with all of your adventures damn it, I think it would be more popular than Dean Karnazes books Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

Then they shouldn't be trying to sponsor an ultra runner since the two pretty much go hand in hand.

That's no shit! I'm no longer interested in being told how to behave. Come what may.

Occasional Runner

Very cool, Kelly. Thanks for allowing us to re-live your experience vicariously.

What was your total distance for the day? not including the final mile to meet Jo.

About 42 miles, plus the extra distance at the end. I had a lot of Garmin trouble in the canyon. The signal dropped constantly.

Occasional Runner

After Hammer Nutrition sent me a shitty email about the beer references, I removed my Facebook profile picture of me running in their gear and replaced it with this. (For those of you who aren't friends of mine of FB)