Trailer Trash

Sunny, snowy, Sundailie. (Read 38 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The Sierras got a bit of snow yesterday day, not here but a little higher.  Getting ready to do 16, hilly miles.  Yesterday the rain stopped so I chopped wood and milked the cow then the sky opened and the rain turned into hail so got my movie and lunch.

QOTD1: Do you not start the dailies because you don't know what to call them or do not have a QOTD?

Yes

QOTD2: Does this forum inspire you or get you out to run when you felt like lagging?

Yes, it also makes me want to run longer which I really don't want to.  So it motivates me to get out there and sign up for races I really don't want to run.  I keep saying 20 miles is far enough, yet I continue to dream about a 50 miler.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, Queen (and all you late sleepers)

I got out in the rain this morning for an easy 7, i'm amazed that i could run at all after yesterdays

26, must be recovering well.

QOTD: its mostly about not having a good qotd.

Q2: no, i take extra rest when i need it. I just like all you weirdos.

Daydreamer1

Hello from cool, breezy, cloudy central Michigan. DW's sister lives in Michigan and we came out for a long weekend. They live about 1 mile from a railtrail and I had planned to get in a long flat run. Somehow that didn't happen Angry. Oh well, I guess I'll look at it as an extended taper for my race this coming weekend. So no running today either as we're getting ready for the long drive back to PA.

QOTD1: Most often because I don't quite know what to call them. Sometimes I'm just not able to think of a question.

QOTD2:  Yes. It inspires me to run more and further. After all I have to keep up with everyone else Big grin. If I ever actually successfully complete a 100 miler a lot of credit will go to the inspiration I get from here.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me. I got a little too much sun on yesterday's trail run. That'll teach me to ditch my shirt.

QOTD#1: no. I figure mondaily, tuesdaily, etc. is good enough. I'm also not above putting "pass" as the QOTD.  I figure someone else will have a good one eventually.

QOTD#2: YES! nearly identical answer to Queen, but I also agree with jonfergs statement as well.

(This place grows on you after a whileWink)

Occasional Runner

I had a great race at the National Championships today but barely missed an A/G podium spot. I'm bummed, but I also didn't plan to run hard. Had fun running in the mountains, so it's a great day!

QOTD: I used to start the dailies a lot and stopped because I felt like I was hogging it. I often find myself conjuring up a QOTD while running though.

QOTD 2: No, I don't take my lead from the forum. I like coming here because I enjoy our interaction and have made some great friends here.

Afternoon, all.  Easy 5 miles with DH on a flat, wide, gentle trail along the bluffs overlooking the ocean a little south of town.  This is my new favorite recovery run spot.  Then grabbed some breakfast and hit the grocery store.  The day started off sunny, then became foggy, and now we're back to sunny.  Haven't seen snowy yet.... I'd be a little concerned if we did.

QOTD1: I don't start the dailies because I'm rarely on RA early enough.

QOTG2: Yes, to a certain extent, seeing what others are up to can be motivating.   But I know to take a rest day if I need a rest day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

FINALLY able to run again, #@*&ing cold (as in illness, not weather Smile)!  5.5 miles, for a grand total of 8 for the week Big grin

qotd1: I'm not shy and will start one if one hasn't been started, I can usually think up a question

qotd2: yes, I think it helps me stay motivated, as does keeping a computer log

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone, flew over to London last night then once I got here proceeded to take a nap. Then what else? A 10 mile run. Legs were a little sluggish after a while but I grunted thru it (of course it was either that or walk back to the hotel).

I guess I should also add that it was just a beautiful evening here. Cool, clear sky, nice sunset and just a gentle breeze. Great for a late afternoon/early evening run in the city.

qotd: if I can't think of something I'll pass. Maybe I'll start one this week since I'm ahead by a few time zones. :-)

qotd2: you guys motivate me.

tbd.

Five miles for the pooch and me.

Mom passed away two days ago so my wife and I are busy with funeral plans.  Mom had a month long battle in the hospital and was on the mend when she had a sudden turn for the worse.  She had 97 very healthy years though, so I guess she was very fortunate.

QOTD: Sometimes.

QOTD2: No not really.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

TT, my condolences.

She seemed like a great lady from what you've described.

Thoughts and prayer to you and yours in this difficult time.

Brian Runner

20 on the trails this morning. The first 10 were with a friend doing her first ever 10 mile run. The other 10 were solo.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sorry about Mom Trail Tromper. I am glad she had many, many healthy happy years.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

So sorry to hear about your mom TT. It sounds like she had a long happy life. Thoughts and prayers as you celebrate her life and greive her loss.

Only ran 3 today. I was busy gardening and being Grandma today.

qotd: I mostly worry about doing the first post just as someone else does..but I do it anyway. I also think of words while running.

qotd2: You all inspire me. I want to be like many of you and casually post "I ran 20 miles".To me 20 miles would be an epic event no matter where iI ran it. To many of you it is like putting on shoes... you just DO IT!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sorry about your Mom, TT. I was hoping she would recover again. I am glad she had many healthy years, but it must be a hard loss for you and the family.  Sending strength and good thoughts your way.

Strength training today, and my legs are sore. They will recover and get stronger until the race in two weeks, but I just don't like this "jelly" feel. Oh well, maybe a good night's run will take care of this?

QOTD1: No, I just don't want to "hog" the dailies, so I often wait patiently for somebody else to start. I also like others' QOTD, it's fun to see what you guys all come up with.

QOTD2: Yes, it does give me inspiration, and takes away many excuses. Wink

Run for fun.