Trailer Trash

Saturdallies??? (Read 22 times)

muppy

Guess everyone's out enjoying the beautiful weather?

Plan on 6-7 after work, gonna hit rail trail because real trails a little swampy yet.

runtraildc

Enjoying the beautiful weather-- yes.  no running though.  Cleaned up my garden, cut down a small tree, moved another and a lot of raking so I should feel this 'workout' tomorrow.  Things are drying out nicely here, but we're supposed to get more rain and snow tomorrow night.

Have a great day, trailers!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

14.1 today.

.7 with Weston

5.1 with 3 other HATRs on swampy REAL trails with lots of mud and sticks and standing water.

8.2 solo mostly on a paved bike path, because I'm training for road races.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

We took the day off.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Too much craft beer last night while listening to Irish music, so my planned 22 miler became a nice 8 miler instead.  Long run tomorrow!  80% of the trails were snow free, so it was the first time since December that I could see the ground.  Great temperature, but had to deal with March winds that were gusting to 30mph.  Just when I would feel hot and roll up my sleeves, a big wind gust would pop up and cool me off and I would lower my sleeves.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, trailers.

I did a 20 miler this morning, it wasn't pretty but I got the miles in. I'm still not

sure if I have tight hip flexor or some kind of strain. The next thing I want to

learn as a runner is the ability to distinguish between a strain and tight muscle, then

to treat accordingly.

AT and Muppy-what are you training for, I notice a few 20 and beyond from both of you.

QOTD: Can you tell the difference between an overly tight muscle and a strain?

Birdwell

5.75 easy while the kiddos napped.

I'm taking a nap now.

QOTD: nope.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

slugged out 11 miles- tough trail conditions w/ lots of ice and very cupped snow (keeps you on your toes!) plus almost 3000' of elevation gain;

temps were nice though Big grin

qotd: strains hurt, tight muscles not so much

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Did a little over ten miles with a few decent climbs. For some reason got a random blister so did not go as long as I was hoping ... if it were not a damn newbie question I would ask how you counter a stiff heel counter ...

QOTD: Normally yes

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 14.5 hard, hilly and hot miles...I was dead out there.   Around 8 miles I was thinking...how can I get home without running?  So just keep trudging along.  It took me 3 hours and 10 mins....not proud of that!  I was a beautiful day though...sunny and warm.

QOTD:   Sorry Jon...clueless on that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Due to time zone changes and flying for a bunch of hours, Saturday kind of disappeared. That added up to a SRD for me.

Qotd:

qotd: strains hurt, tight muscles not so much.

+1

tbd.