Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 34 times)

DigDug2

Easy 5 on the roads this a.m. - ridiculously humid, but not too hot.  Continuing to ice both achilles.

QOTD:  NRR, but have you read any good books lately?  I started reading the first Game of Thrones on vacation a couple of weeks ago - I didn't expect to like it so much but it's a real page-turner.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work for me.  It was almost chilly here this morning - I had to wear long sleeves!  Last night I did my 2 minutes x 6 intervals for approx. 1.3 miles of running.

QOTD: I feel like I just read something good, but now I can't remember.  I'm getting old, people.  The memory is going already.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  got a nice 6 mile run in this morning, we're getting a one day reprieve from the heat wave, sadly it's back tomorrow Sad

qotd: I just finished Kilian Jornet's Run or Die, pretty good window into his life

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

A sticky 5 miles of trail for the pooch and me.  The deer flies were biting like crazy Sad

QOTD: it has been a few weeks, but Gone South (Robert McCammon) was pretty good.  I also reread For Whom the Bell Tolls not too long ago.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I should do 10 after work. I have a town meeting at 7, so I have about 3 hours to kill. It won't take that long to run 10 miles, but I'll do some weights, too.

QOTD: I recently read "The Big Burn". It is a book that John M. sent me as a trade for "Illumination in the Flatwoods". I would have sent him the book without a trade, but it was nice to get some good reading material in a swap. He is a nice guy, that John. Anyway, TBB was a  great book. I couldn't put it down. It is basically about the beginnings of the USFS and the disastrous burn that occurred in the West back in the early 1900's. But there is a lot more to it than just a recounting of the burn. Character development was great.

LB2

Daydreamer1

I have three days in a row off!!! Yippee. Unfortunately I have a lot of stuff to get done so it's not going to be all riding and running. Looking at  getting out for 7-8 miles later today.

QOTD: Just finished up with Scott Jurek's  Eat and Run. It was OK and I'll try some of his food ideas. I've already had some success with Humus wraps on my long runs. The book I'm currently working on is Over the Edge: Death in Grand Canyon. It catalogs all the known deaths that have occurred in the Grand Canyon. I picked it up this past May when we were out there. 560 pages so It will take me a while to get through it. So far it's been interesting. Some people are just unlucky and didn't really deserve to die, while  others were just morons. It makes you realize whey some of the rangers are so cautious in their hiking advice.

Occasional Runner

5 easy trail miles with the pup this morning. It was a bit warm for 4 AM but it's supposed to cool off.

QOTD: No, but I'm looking for ideas, so this is helpful.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a truly awesome nights sleep right into my running hour. will run after work 6 ish.  Maybe make a running date.

qotd: I've read some good books for which I cannot remember the names....they were all chick books.  Watched the documentary about the Chilean soccer team that crashed in the mountains which was interesting so I bought the book.  That's my next read.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Pushed myself for 9 mile tempo-hill run.  Hot and humid, and really was only going to do 7 miles, but just before cresting the top "American Pie" came on the iPod.  I decided to run down the other side until the song was over (I know, a long song).  The I turned around to head back up the hill that I had just added to the run, and the next song was James Taylor's "Lonesome Road" (if you don't know it, he usually closes his live shows with it).  Pretty fitting, and gave me a smile.  I don't usually run with music, but it really helped me today.

QOTD:  Just finished "The Martian".  It's about a guy stranded on Mars when his crew assumes he was killed in an accident (think Castaway meets Apollo 13).  Very nerdy read as it's covered with technical data.  Movie is in the works with Matt Damon starring and directed by Ridley Scott.  For me, the movies are never as good as the book.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd: I just finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.  It's about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, but more about her trials and tribulations and finding her way (not necessarily along the trail).  My DW read it and thought that I'd like it, she was right (as always).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

I posted this morning before work but when I hit the post button it all vaporized, so sooner or later I suppose that post will appear. Went out to the Arb early this morning to run some trail intervals but since I didn't feel like 800's I brought along a wheel and measured out a 300 meter course, took a look around and quickly spray painted a line in the gravely spot (used green for the environment)  So then I knocked out some fairly quick intervals. Felt good to get the legs turning.

QOTD--Slacker as of late but i do like NRR Q's.  I'll read some Sigurd Olson stuff next week on vacation at my shack.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running.  Spent the last 4-5 days moving and getting situated if we can even call it that.  At times I thankd God for my ultra running experiences --got me through long days of moving.  Loving the new home.  We live in a quiet, tree lined, family friendly neighborhood.  I see lots of dog walkers, casual bikers, walkers and hobby joggers.  I might have to get out and show them what a runner can do.  Oh wait, that might be a while! We have a nice river/creek down the street.  I might end up giving up running and take up kayaking (not all that sarcastic on this statement).  We moved slightly further away from trails but not by much.  I no longer have my "mountain view" but we have a bigger home so I can accept that.

Sandy - congrats on 85 miles.  Thought of you over the weekend.  Can't wait to hear about it.

QOTD: (from yesterday) yesssssss...no running = little posting for me.

QOTD: (today) Advances Statistics text...truly exhilarating!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Interesting conditions for last night's run. I did some radar watching and took a pass on my planned run at Green Lane and hit the hills and woods of Coventry Woods instead. Pouring rain as I left the house but radar showed an opening in that direction so off I went. Just some clouds and drizzle/light rain when we started with some thunder out in the distance to the north. Really not too concerning. Once in the woods though it was very dark and we opted for the steep climb to start off instead of the longer corkscrew climb that is longer but more gentle. The hill side really slopes away at a steep angle in this direction and you could actually see the humidity in misty pockets of fog settling up in the trees up the slope. We hit the ridgeline after 2 miles for the flat part of the run. Honestly I couldn't tell if there was rain, moisture falling off the leaves, or dripping sweat but I was soaked. I kept hearing sounds high in the trees that sounded like wind but the tree tops were still. It was a bit dark and eerie but the after the 3rd mile the run heads down the other side of the ridge and it was lighter as the trees aren't as thick. Oddly enough there were a few folks fishing at LadyB's swimming hole but they didn't seem to mind her stopping for a drink. We headed back up the ridge after that and the humidity finally started getting to me on the climb. I felt better at the top but I was at that point where it was hard to see the rocks on the trail clearly because of sweat stained glasses and the darkness. I started hearing that sound up in the trees again while up on the ridge and by the time I rounded the loop on the orange trail I could tell a deluge was coming. That was the sound I heard. Rain approaching in the treetops. So it started to pour but there was no wind or lightening just heavy rain on a humid summer night. Running downhill to finish up in the rain. It was about perfect.

Could be something like that today again I suppose.

QOTD: I am finishing up book5 of Game of Thrones. Really, where is the next book already? After that is a Michael Connelly novel, the most recent one I think, but I don't recall the name. He is one of the few crime story authors I enjoy. Harry Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer are in it I think.

Madison Mandy - Running intervals!  : pinkelephanthappydance:

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Snowdenrun

Nice and easy 2.5 this morning after I got off work. Successfully purchased a 42ft sail boat live aboard. Today DBF and I are going to start the moving process.

QOTD: I've been reading the second Game of Thrones book...Clash of Kings? I've been "reading" it for 7 months now. It's really good, I've just been insanely busy. And now that it's summer I have a hard time reading when I could be outside. I can go through a lot of books in the winter though.

Watoni

Should be able to do a lunch or evening ride up to Skyline.

Day off from PT exercises, back on tomorrow.

QOTD: I did like Run or Die .... I was going to start The Lie by Helen Dunmore ...