Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 34 times)

The pooch and I had a short humid sticky trail run/hike/bushwhack/scramble.

QOTD: pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

SRD today.. Carbed up at Denny's for breakfast instead.

QOTD:  If there was a reality TV show about Ultra/Trail running (not with any kind of "vote them off the team" BS), would you watch it?  Would you want to star in it?

I'd watch it, and probably would be in it too,  (though probably for Comedic content as I try to avoid the sweeper)

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trailers.  Humid sticky 8 mile run for me as well this morning (TT and I have similar weather).  Thundering most of the time but no rain.

TT - how is Mom doing?

jbyram2 - Big slam today?

QOTD:  Before Mark Burnett did the Survivors TV shows, he had a great series on the yearly Eco Challenge Adventure Race.  Watched every episode and got me hooked on doing adventure races.  If there was a well done program, I'd tune in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mecrowe

Computer Geek

5 miles through the 'hood last night.  still warm and humid, but that should be changing today with a cold front moving through the area.  going from highs around 90 the last two days to highs of 63 for the weekend.  should be some great soccer and running weather.

QOTD:  I probably wouldn't watch simply because I watch very little TV.....especially reality tv.

runtraildc

Morning!  5.5 miles thru downtown Milwaukee and along the lakefront.  Got a nice view of the sun rising over the lake.   Heading back tonight and I hope I will miss the storms.

qotd:  would depend on the ratio of adventure vs. contrived drama.  If more of the former, yes.  The latter, probably not.  The only reality show I like is the amazing race.

Occasional Runner

6 road miles and a pretty decent core workout at the gym. Planning a bunch of trail miles for tomorrow. It's good to be home.

QOTD: Trail runners aren't bombastic enough to be entertaining.

jonferg67

Endless trails

A quick 5 miler this morning. I had a little twinge in my thigh, it was then that

I realized I've done 46 miles in the past 5 days-that's kinda high for me. Maybe

I'll give that recovery thingie a try.

QOTD: If someone with actual creativity (and funding) were able to do it I think it would be
                cool. I could play the 'make 
                every mistake before learning the right way' guy. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

weight training for today (tapering for the Rut Run)

qotd: I'd definitely tune in, I still haven't seen Unbreakable or Finding Traction

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Plan on 5 tonight, hope it cools off a bit till then.

QOTD If it was a good show I would watch it, only problem is I usually fall asleep as soon as I start watching tv.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today.

QOTD: Most reality TV is not reality.  Wouldn't having cameras out on the trails make it also not reality? I know, I know ...use my imagination right? I would watch most anything that had to do with trail running so yes.  Starring in it though? Only if they did a piece on the back of the pack runners.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So I actually ran for a short time earlier this week.  And I ran into a couple doing something, errmmm, interesting in the park.  Bella barked at them.  Basically, I ruined some guy's blow job.  Sorry, dude.

QOTD: I don't watch much TV, but I might turn it on for an episode to see what it's like.  I watched Into The Wild on Netflix.  It was fairly entertaining.

Running is dumb.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

So I actually ran for a short time earlier this week.  And I ran into a couple doing something, errmmm, interesting in the park.  Bella barked at them.  Basically, I ruined some guy's blow job.  Sorry, dude.

QOTD: I don't watch much TV, but I might turn it on for an episode to see what it's like.  I watched Into The Wild on Netflix.  It was fairly entertaining.

cock-blocker  Angry

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Day off work, and enjoying it. I got up early for the kids, then went back to sleep again. Must be yesterday's flu shot getting the better of me. When I woke up, I was afraid it would be way too late for a nice run, but luckily, it isn't. Plenty of time left. My body (and mind?) is well-trained! Big grin

Planning on a fun loop today, to shake off the tiredness. It's going to be hot and humid, but I don't mind. Like it better than a long, drawn-out winter.

TT: How is your mom now?

jby: Good way to start the day!

AT: Yeah, I was hoping for the same yesterday. Did not work out... Hope things will be better for you today.

crowe: With the cold front moving in, I am afraid I'll freeze to death out on the trails. I'm such a wimp.

traildc: Sounds very nice! Brave to run early in the morning on business trips!

lace: Enjoy while it lasts!

jonferg: Backing off early is the best recipe to stay away from long-term injuries. Nice miles. Hope your knee will cooperate soon again!

warden: Just don't crank your back out of whack! Black eye

Muppy: Hope is always the last thing that one should give up - but it does not sound very realistic...

Jamie: Enjoy the rest!

Mandy: You run again, and then all you write about is the distraction along the way?? Where are your priorities, girl? Wink We'd like to see a Comback Report!

QOTD: I might watch it, but wouldn't it mostly consist of not-so-presentable sufferings along the run (getting rid of too much food, one way or another, being confused from overheating, lots of blood, sweat and tears,...)? Not sure who but trail runners would want to watch that and find it entertaining.

Starring in it, I'd be the "survives all kinds of self-inflicted mishaps" drama queen. Wink I don't think I'd want to become a lightning rod for a frustrated audience.

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  Rest day here.

QOTD:  Sure, I might watch if there was enough of an adventure element or story line to it.  But just to watch people run for hours, nah, probably not.  I'm not really very big on watching TV.  I'd rather be doing something.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

crowe: With the cold front moving in, I am afraid I'll freeze to death out on the trails. I'm such a wimp.

You'll be fine......the lows are still in the 40s.  Smile   One should be running in shorts until the thermometer reads 20-something.....and then it is acceptable to put an extra layer on.