Trailer Trash

Favorite Handheld (Read 76 times)

Messenjah

I am looking to replace one of my handhelds and found out that Nathan is changing the design of their bottles and carriers. I have one of the Quickdraw Elites (love it) and one of the Quickdraw Plus (hate it). The new carriers look to be similar to the Plus and using the foam type back (which is the thing I hate about it). I like the open mesh of the Elite. I know it sounds picky, but if I am going to spend the money I want something that I like.

I know that handhelds are a personal preference, but what bottles/carriers are you using and why do you like them. Try to convince me that the brand you are using is best. Smile

Give me the pluses and minuses, please.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

This 20oz Amphipod with the insulting thing: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHTL20.html

I have carried it up to 50 miles before.  The only con is that the nipple isn't soft.  (Sigh.  Yes, yes, I know.)  Otherwise, I love it.  The shape of the bottle itself fits better in your hand than round bottles, and the strap is comfortable and cinches down tightly enough for me.

Running is dumb.

Messenjah

You said nipple.......HEE HEE HEE Big grin

I looked at that and I read that is the major thing people don't like. Maybe I'm too much of a weenie and don't want to break my teeth.

The only con is that the nipple isn't soft.  (Sigh.  Yes, yes, I know.) 

Birdwell

I've got a pair of the ultraspire isomeric pocket handhelds. The mesh is nice and airy, bottle design is good, nipple is fairly soft.

Its the only one I've had, I don't use it a ton, but I like it when I do.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have thought about attempting to swap out the top of the handheld for a different one, but really, it doesn't bother me that much.  Plus it's easier to share with my dog that way.  (Yes, I am that person.)

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I use the UD FastDraw but nor their bottle.  I replaced the UD bottle with a cheap one from Zombie runner.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Uh oh... now what?

This 20oz Amphipod with the insulting insulating thing: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHTL20.html

It was a slow Tuesday afternoon when I sat down at the desk...

AT-runner

Tim

I updated my UD Handheld just in time for St. Patrick's Day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

This 20oz Amphipod with the insulting insulating thing: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AHTL20.html

Thank you, John.  Typos are embarrassing. Blush  However, perhaps the bottle really did insult me?

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

Camelbak Podium chill.  Insulated, 25 oz, no cold hands or hot water...

http://www.rei.com/product/816097/camelbak-camelbak-podium-big-chill-bottle-25-fl-oz

WYBMADIITY

Save

Occasional Runner

I buy the Ultimate Direction handhelds and I throw the bottle away and replace them with the bottles that Hammer Nutrition sends me. The Hammer bottles have a lining inside that keeps them from stinking and getting sour after several uses. The nipple on the bottle won't leak even when I leave it open, which I seem to do frequently. because it requires pressure to open the valve. I need to find a source for the UD bottle carries.

Messenjah

So I am sensing a trend here. What is it about the UD bottles that people don't like?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I find the quick draw thingy hard to drink from.  You can't really get big gulps.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

So I am sensing a trend here. What is it about the UD bottles that people don't like?

Unlike Mandy, I prefer hard nipples.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Unlike Mandy, I prefer hard nipples.

I like Nathan's nipples...if only they didn't leak.

Running is dumb.