Trailer Trash

Not quite the weekend Thursday (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

Morning Trailers!  My treadmill running privileges were revoked yesterday after another look at my MRI scan.  They're now calling it a slight fracture to my tibia at the knee (the sprain is not a concern).  Maybe next week.... In the meantime, yoga today and some rowing.

qotd:  Any regrettable gear purchases over the years?  From 'what was I thinking?' to 'what a waste of money'.  What got me thinking is seeing someone at the gym in a rubber suit.  You know the kind, those made for sweating profusely.  I didn't know they still made them.

My purchase is a pair of highly under-utilized roller blades.  They may actually still be in our basement.

LB2

3 miles easy last night. I'll get 10 easy after work.

QOTD: Yes. I bought some pantyhose once.

But seriously folks, I haven't bought any gear that was for running that I ever thought was a waste of money. but I mainly buy shoes, shorts, shirts, socks, and handheld water bottles. I have had a couple of pair of shoes that just didn't work out for me. But they were used for yard work or something other than running.

LB2

Birdwell

Good Morning!

4 easy late last night. Plan for 5 or 6 after the kids go to bed tonight.

QOTD: every gym or pool pass I've ever bought. I just don't use them enough to justify the cost. It's just easier to run.

Last night's run was rough but I got it done. I can't believe how long it's taking me to recover from a 10k. Woof.  Prob will go for 6 miles tonight.

QOTD:  Nothing comes to mind. I usually return anything that doesn't work for me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Done with work for today already. That's the up side of an early start! Now a doc appointment, and thhen planning on a fine run. Perhaps not on an ice channel like yesterday, although it was a great core workout.

Nancy: Ouch! I hpoe it will heal up soon. Any guesses as to how it happened?

QOTD: not that I remember. Every purchase has worked well for me, at least for running. But due to my limited budget, I don't buy much, only gear that I really need, and in case if doubt, I rather don't buy it.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

They're now calling it a slight fracture to my tibia at the knee  

Is that like being "slightly pregnant"?  Good luck, and let it heal.

6 miles on snow covered trails.  Weather supposed to get much warmer the next few days so maybe I'll see the rocks and roots again.

QOTD:  We love to camp, and so about 10 years ago I had a "great" idea to buy a pop-up camper.  The most we use it is when the kids have parties and their friends stay in it as a "guest room".  Still camp a lot, but we realized we don't enjoy lining up our pop-up with all the camper who are plugged in so they can turn on the party lights and watch TV.  We're tent or backpack campers and, for us, we enjoy being unplugged.   So if anyone wants to buy a slightly used pop-up, let me know.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Only once?

Just got back in from a 12 mile trail run. That'll be my last fast/hard run until Saturday. I relish these times when I feel unstoppable on the trails, but they never last long because after a long period of buildup, I tear it all apart in a single long run. Then the process starts all over again.

QOTD: The list is long. I bought a fuel belt in South Africa so I could carry a couple of small bottles during the Comrades Marathon. It annoyed me terribly so I tossed it into the crowd at mile 10. I also bought several pairs of Inov8 shoes when I decided to go all in with that brand. I hated every pair and have been trying to give them away ever since. My "race room" is well stocked with poor choices.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today- running on pavement seems to be a little rough on me, probably just not used to it

qotd: I bought several pairs of shoes early on before discovering to up size them (cramped my toes)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Still at -4F when I ran early this A.M. but we may be actually on a warmup now, could be we're finally on our way out of this hellish winter. Good road run and tried to keep the effort and pace up. So I remain hopeful--both weather wise and I might become a runner some day.  Some stretching and core work now. Swimming tomorrow followed by weights and elliptical.

QOTD--Well I bet many of us have some shoe stories so I won't bother. I like gear and have many recreational pursuits so where do i begin? First thing that comes to mind would be all my fly fishing gear. Being an avid fisherman all my life I figured I may as well try this fly thing when I'm out in the western mountains. Did it for a few years but I would also tote in a light little spinning setup. Found myself usually using that more often and catching more trout on little spinners so if anyone wants some fly fishing gear.....

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run this morning. Given all the complaining I hear from my friends I have to wonder if I am the only one still loving winter.

QOTD:  Unlike Northern Harrier, I definitely don't regret the purchase my fly fishing gear.  I kind of do regret the tenkara rod purchase though. as I find that my regular 4 wt fly rod is more to my liking.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

Hope that fracture heals quickly, runtraildc.

I did 5 road miles this morning, legs still feel heavy, my recovery from last Saturday

didn't go as well as I wanted. I signed up for an April 6 trail marathon yesterday, that

should be fun.

QOTD: I return most things that don't work for me. I can't stand it when a good product

does an upgrade that sucks (Nathan handhelds) and a decent product makes the same

mistake for 3 revisions (drain holes in Asics Fuji Racers).

Daydreamer1

Had a good run on the TM last night. The Achilles felt OK, just a little tight this morning. Still I'm going to try a 5 miler and will stay off the hills.

QOTD: I've never regretted any gear or exercise equipment purchases. I only regret that I don't use the stuff as much as I had intended. I have bought some stuff that hasn't worked quite as well as I had hoped,  like my Hoka Stinsons. Not a bad shoe, just not quite as stable and grippy as I would like.

The biggest purchase that I regret is my wife's vehicle.  A 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Not necessarily a bad vehicle but the fuel mileage sucks and there are always little things going wrong with it. I wish I would have went with the Chevy that we looked at. My GM vehicles always treated me well and run >200,000 miles with little to no problems. Not running related but it is something I regret buying.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good afternoon trail folks,

Plan on 10 miles after work today, nice and easy.

Qotd: I bought a clip on metronome when I first started running so I could make sure I had a cadence of 180...boy that thing was annoying.  I used it twice. It now resides at the bottom of my running gear box.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Qotd: I bought a clip on metronome when I first started running so I could make sure I had a cadence of 180...boy that thing was annoying.  I used it twice. It now resides at the bottom of my running gear box.

One year at the Marine Corps Marathon I kept hearing this "ticking" sound.  It annoyed the hell out of me.  When I got alongside of this guy I realized it was some cadence thing he had.  I sped up to get away from him, and ended up having a great finish time, so at least it worked for me. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Got in just over four muddy miles on the local trails before work ... got into a bit with a local equestrian. Long story short, there is a so-called private trail that I can take from the driveway to the public trail head, I intrude for less than a mile on their sacred trails. People run and walk by our place on that trail all the time. The alternative is driving 2-3 miles each way (and that doesn't work when I run a big loop anyway), and running in part on a dangerous road with no shoulder. I was about 300 yards off and she was waving wildly. I then saw her on the public trail coming down from my short climb. I saw her coming, stopped and allowed her to pass, whereupon she chided me about being about being on the horse association's private trail since runners are a danger to horses. I politely pointed out I live on the trail and need safe access to the park, and if horses and runners do not mix then she will have major issues in all the public parks (like this one) that are shared use between hikers/runners and horses. If she just said she is concerned about their easements, which pass through many fancy properties, then ok, but since many residents use the trails, it seems overblown .... the safety argument is nonsense.

next I will tell all the cars I am very skittish on my bike so please don't use the public mountain roads since it makes cyclists nervous

QOTD: I regret buying Hoka Stinsons ....