Trailer Trash

How should I look at this? (Read 66 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

If XT's picture peeked your interest VIDEO

**Ask me about streaking**

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I think I would go.

If you are very sure of your equipment, and of your abilities, then skip it to avoid risk.  But if there might be something that needs learning, trying out, etc. (gloves?  a chest light? ) better to find out about it now than later.  Take it slow, look around, pick the best line to climb up after thinking it through, so you will know better on race day.

Then again, I havn't climbed up any thing except a bunk bed in the dark.

Crap.. That video makes me drool!!!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea that is a bit much...when do they run? 

Let's us know the results.

Ha. Don't you mean his big boy arm panties. I think he already did that by signing up.

Looks like fun at night with a headlamp.

http://www.miguelvieira.org/rememberedearth/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Elizabeth-scrambling-on-Devils-Path-east-of-Indian-Head-Mountain-in-Catskill-Mountains.jpg

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

So I ended up doing the run...It was Sue's big boy panty comment that tipped the scale 

About a dozen of us took 5.5 hours to cover 15.5 miles.  Yee Haw

One unforeseen benefit was that I got to meet some people who will be there race day.  Some of them had run the race the prior year, so I actually got to talk to some finishers and get their take on it.  Also met some people that were about my pace.

I didn't get injured but I did bruise the heck out of the arch of my right foot.

This morning I woke up thinking "This is doable"

I will withhold judgement whether this was a good or bad idea until after the race, but I feel like I got a lot out of it and had a great time.

Good job! Sounds like it will be an epic race.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've always been a bully.  No pictures of you in your big boy panties.  

So I ended up doing the run...It was Sue's big boy panty comment that tipped the scale 

About a dozen of us took 5.5 hours to cover 15.5 miles.  Yee Haw

One unforeseen benefit was that I got to meet some people who will be there race day.  Some of them had run the race the prior year, so I actually got to talk to some finishers and get their take on it.  Also met some people that were about my pace.

I didn't get injured but I did bruise the heck out of the arch of my right foot.

This morning I woke up thinking "This is doable"

I will withhold judgement whether this was a good or bad idea until after the race, but I feel like I got a lot out of it and had a great time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Somehow I knew you would go for it.  Cannot wait to hear all about your race in 2 weeks.

Do you have a pacer or are you going it alone?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice. Now you know. Maybe get some new shoes?

I bruised the ball of my foot yesterday, and it's still swollen and painful today. Why don't they make shoes with steel-armored sides??

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

QofN - I'm not supposed to feed the cougars   I'll have pics from race day

T&C - If you have never been to the area hiking/camping/running I would definitely add it to the list...pretty awesome

Boyjame - I asked a buddy of mine to pace me through the last few miles, but after seeing the course I don't think it would be a good idea (he's not a runner).  My fiancé has agreed to crew for me (in exchange I have to blow a bunch of money and all my vacation time on a trip to California for a wedding for people I don't know).  I think there will be people moving at about the same pace as me, so I'm not planning on a pacer...of course if you wanted to get a first hand look at the race...

FTYC - I think I'm going to wear some thicker socks...that made it more comfortable to walk on the bruises afterwards, so I imagine it would add a little bit of protection.