Trailer Trash

Tired Tuesdaily (Read 40 times)

Occasional Runner

I stayed up too late working on Christmas stuff and I have an early meeting this morning, so I won't get the run that I wanted. 6 road miles for me. A nice, quick tempo run in the cold. I still enjoy those runs because it's fun to run hard every now and again.

QOTD: Have you ever become attached to a pair of running shoes and refused to throw them away when they're used up?

I have kept EVERY pair of shoes that I have used in my 100 mile races. I save each pair and put them in a small shoebox size plastic tote. On the lid, I write down the race they were used in, the date, my finish time and what place I finished in. It started with my first 100 miler because it was a huge moment in my life, then it became habitual. Thankfully, I run multiple 100's in the same pair of shoes, or I would be running out of space.

LB2

I'll get 4 to 6 in the woods tonight.

QOTD: Well, do you remember the shoes (NB110's) I showed up in at Cajun Coyote for our little scouting trip? I don't know how many miles they have on them, at least a 1000. The tops blew out on me at Clark Creek a few weeks ago moving through an old washed out trail with lots of roots. I just love those shoes.

LB2

Gator eye

10 on the road this am, have to use snow shoes to hit the trails from here on out.

QOTD: Shoes I pitch as soon as they rip out, my DW has me on shoe rations and does a weekly shoe count. LOL.

But hats are a different story, a good properly broke in hat is harder to find than a good pair of shoes. I keep those around forever, or intil they totally fall apart.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready for a few miles in the woods. I'm undecided whether to run or to take snow shoes, I'll see what the trails look like when I get there. But 6-10 inches of snow are guaranteed.

lace: At least it's not a "Monday morning meeting"! Have fun, don't fall asleep.

LB2: You must have some love for those shoes!

Gator: Enjoy the road run!

QOTD: Not so much (yet), but strangely enough, my first Cascadias don't get thrown out, and I can't figure out why. I always find them still good enough to run in, and now I'm thinking of turning them into screw shoes.

Have a fun day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: Well, do you remember the shoes (NB110's) I showed up in at Cajun Coyote for our little scouting trip? I don't know how many miles they have on them, at least a 1000. The tops blew out on me at Clark Creek a few weeks ago moving through an old washed out trail with lots of roots. I just love those shoes.

I remember you telling me about the history behind those shoes, which is unusual because that particular model has a history of failure. I think NB is doing a great job on building their shoes these days. I'm getting at least 1000 miles out of all mine.

Hi all,

I got in a quick 5.5 mile run last night, part of my 5k "training" .  I will run about 4 tonight on my way to volleyball.

QOTD: I still have most of my shoes from the past couple of years, but only because I've been meaning to donate/get rid them and just haven't gotten around to it. I have a huge bag that I must do something with. I have no emotional attachment to old shoes.

NorthernHarrier

A tiring hour run around the hood early. We had another snow squall roll thru yesterday and then some more flurries while I was trying to run. When I came to any sort of hill it was 2 steps up and 1 step back and that was even with screws in them there soles. Now an instant weight workout and then off to the work gig.

QOTD-When i retire my shoes some get chucked, a few have been donated, need a couple for lawn mowing, and the good ones get worn as general knock around shoes including work. There is always about 15 pairs here and the cabin as knock around shoes. But I have yet to become attached to any.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Got in a slow 5 miles last night, running the reverse of a usual route near the swimming pool.  Since I've always run it in the dark, I hadn't noticed the downhills as much as I did last night running them uphill.  Lots of deer, including a very large, bold buck.

qotd:  no attachment whatsoever.  I also suspect that I retire mine much earlier than many of you do, from the sounds of shoe conditions previously reported.

Chnaiur

Gym is going great these days (PRd two lifts yesterday), running not so much. Staring at my calendar today and if I get lucky I can make a 15-mile run. Otherwise the usual 8 in the park.

QOTD: no emotional attachment. Our place is actually so crowded I feel great when I throw stuff away/donate it.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

dpc3

Got in 7 on the trails this am. Now it's time to pack and get ready to head east to PA for a couple weeks. Much needed vacation to see my family.

QOTD: I get attached but eventually wear through the shoes and they make there way to the trash or recycle bin.

muppy

Got in a beautiful snowy 6.5 this morning and have yoga class tonight.

Lace, how's that box of old shoes smell?

QOTD I have fond memories of my first pair of real running shoes (Brooks Ghost) that fit oh so good, but they are long gone. All my old running shoes get used for and landscaping duty.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a really enjoyable run this am.  Ran in the dark...with someone so I wasn't scared.  Running in the dark is different.  After I finished I felt like I didn't even run.  I'm thinking it's because I couldn't see so there was nothing to remember about the run except when the big hill, when at the top we could see the moon, or the strange person who did not say Hi after I said Hi.  My friend thought it was a man, I thought a woman...  it was different and I wouldn't mind doing it again, just wish I wasn't too chicken to go by myself.  Oh, ran 6.

QOTD: Yes...about 5 pairs but I don't traet them like princess as Kelly does; there work shoes.  I don't like my new Cascadia as much as my old ones.  So today the new and old were laying together and I was like, I'm going to were my soft old shoes and not the new stiff ones.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles in the snow, over the mountain. It was so quiet, some snow flakes falling every now and then, very peaceful.

No wildlife at all. Oh, wait, I passed a hiker, and I saw some tracks of a  -  snowmobil.

You guys are really getting some good miles in this week, I feel I have to catch up again!

Run for fun.

5 icy miles for the pooch and me today.

QOTD: No, I keep them around only as long as they are of use.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Slept a little late so had to do a quick instant run this morning. I guess only 3 or 4 miles.

qotd: no attachment, get a pair, get rid of a pair.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL