Trailer Trash

Traveling Tuesdaily (Read 36 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

I'm heading out for a few miles on the trails while the sun is peeking through

the clouds, thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon. I had a second interview

this morning, it went well but I'm one of two final candidates and it's a little nerve-wracking.

I should know by Thursday.

QOTD: Depends on my schedule, I've done all three. My last job I got up at 5:30 just to

get in my run since I didn't get home till 7:00. Morning runs are my favorite.

Snowdenrun

Took a rest day yesterday and DBF and I took the dog for a short hike and then spent a bit of time on the beach in the SUN! Headed out soon for a run in the... SUN! I think my shoes may actually be dry when I put them on today.

QOTD: Late morning/mid day runner. I work from 2-10pm so I don't go to bed until midnight or later. In the morning I get up, take my time enjoying my coffee and toast with ... chunky peanut butter, digest a bit, then head out for a run.

Low_O2

Howdy all!

Is this forum getting more active or am I just too busy to keep up lately? Good to see some activity!

Will try to get out for 4 miles this evening if I can stand the heat. Supposed to be ~100 and doesn't seem to be cooling off very quickly in the evening.

QOTD: Weekday runs are in the evening since I start work at 6:30 and don't feel like getting up much earlier than I already do. I have been strongly considering switching to before work runs with the current heat wave. Weekends I try to get out bright and early if possible.

Occasional Runner

Is this forum getting more active or am I just too busy to keep up lately? Good to see some activity!

Activity level is directly proportionate to the amount of shit that is stirred up at the time. This is a scientific fact.

Low_O2

I guess it's a good thing we have some good shit stirrers then! Approve

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not much traveling here, just commuting to work and back. Started very early today, too, and things went downhill right from the beginning, but in the end, it was a good day after all. Planning on a run later, but first have to read through the forum.

Which brings me to the

QOTD: I run any time. Usually mornings, but not so often any more since I started to work again. Now I often run in the afternoon, or in the evening. I don't mind what time of day it is, but I tend to run best in the early afternoon. Mornings I easily get dizzy and need to recover before I can go far or fast, and evenings may bring on some revolting of my belly against the food which it was stuffed with throughout the day sometimes. But I like any time, as long as it's a run!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

I had a second interview this morning, it went well but I'm one of two final candidates and it's a little nerve-wracking.

I should know by Thursday. 

Good luck, jonferg67.  We're all pulling for you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Build your own...300 x 50 x 30  (cubits)

And never doubt that you have the ability to do it right. Always remember, it was an amateur who built the ark. It was professionals who built the Titanic!

(sorry, Sandy!)

Run for fun.

TnC - I woke up in a foul mood myself today.  Not sure why.  Maybe all the crappy weather recently.  It is nice outside today though.

I'm blaming it on the fact I haven't had an honest to goodness trail run since my 50k on May 26! I can't take this crazy summer schedule so far.  If I plan it right though, I may get some miles on the AT in NY this weekend!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes Jon - pulling for you!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.5 This am with Earl. Still tired from Sunday so I let Earl dictate the run. If he wanted to smeel soemthing I stopped and let him smell.

simple running: So if you work 12 am to 8 am is a morning run really and evening run for you? Kinda like the guys you who have that schedule and do happy hour at 8 in the morning.

Chnair: I wish my employer allowed me the freedom to take a long lunch. I have that status but must get it preapproved everytime I want to deviate my schedule.

Jonferg67: Good luck man!

QOTD: I would rather run after work but I have a dog and if I go home to get the dog, there's a husband there that side tracks me. So about 6 months ago I changed my work hours to begin at 9AM and I now run in the AM with Earl. It does put you in a good mood for the rest of the day. Sometimes run afterwork with new running partner but then I feel like I am cheating on Earl and he knows it when I get home. Weekends are always early but in winter maybe meet a little later 9AM to allow some warming.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Hopefully a run later. I am moving  sacrificing cycling training for running until mid-August. Maybe one more ride tomorrow before the cycling race Saturday.

QOTD: Whenever I can

dpc3

I guess it's a good thing we have some good shit stirrers then! Approve

Who you calling a shit stirrer Speedy?Big grin

Sandy-2

Just checking back in to say "hi".

Good luck, jonferg67 !!!

FTYC, LOL !!!  Wink

tbd.

ceezy

Fun 7 (~1000').  The temperature was just about perfect and the recent rain softened up the dirt just enough (but not too much)....finished up with a nice (frigid) ice bath in the creek.  Smile

QOTD:  Normally late afternoon/evening but sometimes work my run in elsewhere in the day if needed.

I admire those of you who roll out super early...