Trailer Trash

Pick a Trail (Read 62 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If you could teleport yourself to one of these (non specific) destinations to run a trail, which would it be.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

I picked the desert trail simply because I've never been there.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I voted for the forest run with the high trees, but desert and mountain runs also sound intriguing.

I just opted for the trees because there seems to be something mystical and magical to me about running through a deep, thick, tall forest, perhaps a creek trickling along somewhere... - Why does this remind me of a race called Hyner??

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sorry guys, the ends of the descriptions got cut off.  Guess the space is limited

1.) mountains as the backdrop

2.) through alongside a creek

3.) top of the mountain

4.) dripping off the leaves

5.) with only the sounds that the ocean can make

Also Supposed to be an "other" as 6.)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Snowdenrun

I voted mountain run. Because ALL of my trail runs are "deep in a think forest with 100ft trees- sun trying to peak through" Hopefully I'll get a mountain run in soon, as most of the snow is now gone and the alpine should be runable.

RabbitChaser

This was tough as I'd be happy on any one of the trails. Smile My first instinct was to pick the desert trail since I used to live in NM. The thick jungle like area with raindrops made me think of a rain forest, and there would be a ton of nature sounds to keep me company there! Ultimately, I picked the thick jungle. Smile

Eric

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I also chose the desert trail because I have never been.  Smile

Running is dumb.

Chnaiur

I chose the desert trail because it reminds me of camping in Jousha Tree during rock-climbing trips. The forest is amazing, but I do that every week. Actually, I think all alternatives are amazing, but desert is the one I've done the least.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

I picked the thick forest but if I truly had my choice the run would start in the forest and go to a open mountain top with nice sweeping views. The reason I didn't pick #3 was because of the snow.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'd run in any them, but I'm definitely partial to the mountains (snow or no snow Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I like trees.  A views nice though.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Mountains.

I've had my share of thick vegetation this week. I want to be in the cooling breeze above treeline, esp. if I remembered to bring my wind gear or warmer layers. It's above the mosquitoes. I'm assuming the snow is to the side of the trail where I can grab some and stick under my hat for cooling effects. Not sure how "exposed" that trail is intended to be - not a fan of cliffs and narrow trails.

Desert with mountain backdrops can be good, esp. in winter, but desert has things like snakes that you need to watch out for as well as flash floods in arroyos.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                          AT-runner

Tim

I picked the Mountains, because you had them covered with snow and  I love running in the snow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Misty

I picked the forest with 100 ft trees...and if I get pick choose the temps, lets make it 55 degrees.

Misty

Bless your heart.

I went with the beach trail- one of my favorites was a park in the Outer Banks that kept turning and meandering along the coast- it was all coastal forest, too, so I got to enjoy the woods, too.  Honestly though, I haven't met too many trails I didn't enjoy.  I would love to get back out to the desert again- Red Rock Canyon is a magical place.