Trailer Trash

Interview Tuesdailies (Read 55 times)

Snowdenrun

Rain, rain, rain and more rain. Blah.. We will see if I stay warm and cozy inside or come back from a run dripping wet.

QOTD #1: I generally will wear/use what I have until it is beyond fallen apart. Then I will go buy something new and different. Repeat.

QOTD #2: I don't listen to music while I run. I used to, then I found I had dropped my Itouch too many times and the case is coming apart. With the amount of rain around here it would have died very quickly. Now I wouldn't even want to listen to music while I run.

muppy

10.5 For me, Mix of rail trail and normal trails.

Good luck on the job interview Jon!

QOTD1 i like to try new stuff I, just worry about spending the money if it doesn't work out.

QOTD 2 I listen to a lot of Grateful Dead podcasts,my go to song would be Lovelight , preferably from a  show from 1977, that was there peak!

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 31.5 miles. Unfortunately it was on the bike. Not that I really mind the bike, in fact I love it. But my ankle is still not ready for running and I have a 50k scheduled in 11 days. Somehow I don't think I will be ready for it. At least it was a nice ride with the temps in the 70s. The headwind of 15-20 MPH kind of sucked, but it made for some fast riding when I turned around and had the tailwind.

QOTD: Right now I'm thinking about trying some of the Hammer products. I'm especially interested in the Perpetuem and am trying to figure out if I want to try the solids or the mix. I'm leaning toward the solids to avoid the mixing problems. Generally I like to try new stuff but since I've had a lot of GI issues when running I'm a little leery of switching to new nutritional items.

Ultra Cowboy

Tonight I have a business dinner at 6:30 pm so I will rest for another day.

QOTD 1 - Not a gear whore per se, but I will experiment sometimes.  Some of the stuff I don't use anymore:

Calf sleeves, tried 'em, still have them but seldom use them.

Injinji toesocks got too hard to put on.

Waist pack Camelbak in closet (used for 2 years).

Gaiters: most of the time I forget them.

Halo ball cap (still got sweat on the bill that dripped)

Shoes change every year just with design changes in the new models.  (I stick with one brand)

QOTD #2  Music on my runs is usually from my Irish-folk-red dirt playlist.  Gaelic Storm, Roger Creager, Reckless Kelly.

When I really need motivation, Joe Satriani, and Metallica get me through.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Trails: Morning run are the best and are you from Bucks County?

Nope, I live in Philly. Born and raised in NY state.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 quick miles in the heat, on a flat, paved path. Still was fun. I like summer running, with minimal gear.

DD1: You might try reducing the fiber (especially coarsly milled whole grains and bran) in your diet. Worked miracles for me, although I miss the crunch and texture of the whole grain products, I loved that so much... but if it has to be, it has to be. I do well on the Perpetuem, but even better when I alternate it with Sustained Energy, which has less fat. Solids seem great, but I think they are even more expensive than the powder, and you need quite a lot of them to get significant nutrition?

Run for fun.

Yeah it takes 3 of the solids to just get 100 calories. They are convenient but with the powder you get more bang for your buck

6 quick miles in the heat, on a flat, paved path. Still was fun. I like summer running, with minimal gear.

DD1: You might try reducing the fiber (especially coarsly milled whole grains and bran) in your diet. Worked miracles for me, although I miss the crunch and texture of the whole grain products, I loved that so much... but if it has to be, it has to be. I do well on the Perpetuem, but even better when I alternate it with Sustained Energy, which has less fat. Solids seem great, but I think they are even more expensive than the powder, and you need quite a lot of them to get significant nutrition?

USMCtq

So I had my reserve duty this last weekend and as luck would have it, it involved a lot of outside time just standing around for ceremonies. Well with the 40 degree weather and rain it ended up with half the place sick and spreading. I am now on day 4 of being sick and it sucks. I took off work yesterday and was feeling better but now after a full day at work I just feel like shit again. So in the last 5 days I've only logged about 3 miles since Wednesday was a SRD and Thursday was unscheduled rest due to our work load and then got a run Friday and started feeling bad Saturday.

Well with that being said... I'm going to try for 2 or 3 tonight just to move the legs and maybe clear up my sinuses some.

Watoni

More mellow beach running, splashing in the waves and such. Staying on the roughly 6 miles a day plan.

Good luck Jon!

moonlightrunner

So I had my reserve duty this last weekend and as luck would have it, it involved a lot of outside time just standing around for ceremonies. Well with the 40 degree weather and rain it ended up with half the place sick and spreading. I am now on day 4 of being sick and it sucks. I took off work yesterday and was feeling better but now after a full day at work I just feel like shit again. So in the last 5 days I've only logged about 3 miles since Wednesday was a SRD and Thursday was unscheduled rest due to our work load and then got a run Friday and started feeling bad Saturday.

Well with that being said... I'm going to try for 2 or 3 tonight just to move the legs and maybe clear up my sinuses some.

I was just sitting here also feeling terrible...wondering if going out for a run would make me feel better or worse.  I just can't decide...sit here and feel miserable or go out and run and feel I'm not sure what.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

8 hot sweaty miles this afternoon. 80+ degrees feels nice when I'm used to 90, not so nice when I am used to 50.

qotd1: I love new gear so I guess it is a good thing that I can't afford much these days or I'd have way more than I really need.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

What do you think about the Pure Grit 2's, have you had enough time in them to give us a

little feedback?

just a little feedback Big grin  they feel really good on, there is room for my long-ish toes, they are light and the grip seems pretty good, but I haven't challenged them in that department enough to say for sure   My sloppy mud/snow run yesterday was done in my studded Montrails (they are north of 700 miles now and due to retire if it ever turns to Spring!!!!)

I haven't done anything longer than 8 miles w/ them yet (my long run last weekend was w/ another pair of Montrails)- I'm trying to ease into this low drop thing as I tend to be prone to calf/achilles issues, so far so good though Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Evening folks! just under 6 for me this evening. I found a new road and trail, stuck to the road tonight (getting dark, and no light) but i'll be hitting the trail sometime this week.

QOTD:1   new gear is a touchy subject. I have everything I need, everything else is just fluff. I'm trying to simplify.

QOTD2, don't laugh, but for long races I put in "Appalachian Spring" by Aaron Copland. I have a tendency to try a little to hard at the wrong times, this helps me get into a nice rhythm, refocus my energy, and calm down. I kind of dig classical music as a general rule anyway, and I like running to it. Pop, rock, country etc. all have there place on my play list, but they often don't let me "escape" into the moment the way classical (or more often, no music) does.

(Appalachian Spring is also my favorite "classical" piece of all time, for a number of reasons)

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD #2  Music on my runs is usually from my Irish-folk-red dirt playlist.  Gaelic Storm, Roger Creager, Reckless Kelly.

When I really need motivation, Joe Satriani, and Metallica get me through.

I think we have a new nickname for a certain trasher.

Occasional Runner

I think we have a new nickname for a certain trasher.

reckless by design.