Trailer Trash

Spring Sundaily (Read 33 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Rise and shine, trailers.

I did a 22 mile trail run yesterday, today headin out for an easy 8-10 and to

explore some new sections of trail. Yesterday was my first 'over 20' run in

months, felt real good to be out there and stretch it out.

QOTD: Pass

Occasional Runner

I probably won't run today but might go on a short hike here in Moab. I'm trying to stay well rested before my 100 miler next weekend.

Jon- Have a nice run today.

I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Marley and I had a nice easy 6 mile trail run this morning.  I hope the weather is as nice for the rest of you.  It is beautiful here.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks! SRD for me. Just sitting In an airport waiting for a flight.

Low_O2

Good morning Trailers!

If I would have named today's daily, it would have been Sore Sundaily. OUCH, my legs are not happy with me this morning! But I guess I'll take it, had a lot of fun on the trail during a great race yesterday. Couldn't have gone much better. I hope to get a race report written up at some point. Also got a chance to meet and chat with dpc3 who also had a great race yesterday, shaving off a huge chunk of time from last year. Congrats again!

Rest day for me today. Just walking up and down the stairs is a challenge today!

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

If I would have named today's daily, it would have been Sore Sundaily. OUCH, my legs are not happy with me this morning! But I guess I'll take it, had a lot of fun on the trail during a great race yesterday. Couldn't have gone much better. I hope to get a race report written up at some point. Also got a chance to meet and chat with dpc3 who also had a great race yesterday, shaving off a huge chunk of time from last year. Congrats again!

Rest day for me today. Just walking up and down the stairs is a challenge today!

Congrats on Cedro. That's a fun place to run and the trails are awesome. I wish I had been able to be there again this year.

muppy

Ran a road 10k this morning in 47:12,  that's almost 3 minutes faster than same race  last year, (thinking all the hills on the trails help)  happy with that! Ran a few miles before and after for 11 miles.

Low O2 sounds like you had a good race, congrats!

Looks like its gonna be a beautiful day here, hope it is your area too!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

afternoon trailers!  well the weather man was spot on w/ his prediction- said 6" of wet snow and that's exactly what we got

6 miles in the hills, but it was a very tough 6 miles bucking snow; enough so if we get any more snow tonight I'm going to break out my running snowshoes for tomorrow

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

A great run up to around Hampstead Heath this morning.  Ended up doing 23 miles.  Hope to get a mapmyrun link up soon (it's acting up at the moment).  Ok I'm back and I finally got mmr to behave, here is a link... http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/192917802/

Great photos mt.

It was a little muddy running around on the trails in the park.  Yeah, the hotel cleaning staff really "love" me !!!  Roll eyes

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

MT:  pretty pics.....pretty snow....but I have to say...I'm grateful it is not snowing here.  Hope you see spring where you are at soon.

Hey MT, I see you ran at Joshua Tree (state park?). I was just reading that they have closed some of the trails there because it is  becoming popular (due to social media) to deface the rock formations with graffitti.  It is so sad...and such a waste.

I will be heading out later today.  I babysat my grandson most of the day, and now it is beautiful out!  The sun is shinning...but with the good weather come a ton of people.  I'll wait until near dark and go out.  Planning 4 today.  Tomorrow I have an appointment in the neighboring town, so I plan on hitting the state park on the way back.  It will be 8 miles....not sure how much I will be able to run of it...but it will be nice to givae it a try. I have not run out there for almost a year.

Happy trails!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

DigDug2

Easy 6 with a small group this a.m. - still stretching out muscles from a race yesterday (will file a separate report post haste).

mt - great pics

sandy - jealous re the Heath - many fond memories of running those trails (used to live near Primrose Hill), racing to the top of Parliament Hill for the views, etc.

runtraildc

Hi all,

11 miles with DS this afternoon.  Did a road run thru DC to see the sights:  last remnants of the cherry blossoms and requisite crowds, a fraternity 'olympics', victims of a color run and departing Nike womens' half marathon runners.  Yup, it was a busy day.  Nice weather, too.

Sandy-- jealous of where you get to travel so often.

now, off to finish my beer....

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Lots of firsts on today's mountain run:  Probably insignificant for most but it certainly kicked my butt

First time running over 12 miles, road or trail

First time running in a wilderness area

First time circumnavigating a mountain (Mazatzal Peak)

First time I completely overwhelmed my shoes; Merrell Mix Masters are just not up to scrambling over scree pointy rock covered trails.  The "rock plate" and underfoot cushioning is not nearly substantial enough, even for a "light" guy.

First time splitting a big toe nail right down the middle while running.

First time I've ever gotten a blister running.  After over 300 miles in this model shoe I was really surprised as it started festering only 4 miles into this run.

First time stopping to swim under a waterfall in the middle of a run.

All in all, almost 15 miles and ~4000 feet of ups and downs.

Pics:

A meager swimming hole but it did the trick and was a very welcome sight after 11 miles out in the sun.

Wildflowers in bloom along one of the nicer, more runnable sections of trail

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Thanks for the lots of wonderful pictures, guys! Warden, I hope spring will arrive in your area soon, too!

Not much to report here, just a rest day, and DS's birthday party. He turned 5, big event, and he had a great party in our house, with his best friend from school and the neighborhood kids. Only one incident that puzzled me was when one mom came by, started screaming at the kid about how "yucky" and bad juice is (full of sugar), and that the kid was not allowed to have cake. All right in my face - WTH??

I did not take it personally, got the kid a hot dog instead (is that any better?), which apparently was ok, sent the mom home, and the party continued full blast (funny how a little soap bubble machine can catch the interest of so many children for such a long time...). Oh well.

Great races, I'll read all the RR's later, when the kids are in bed. Just too bad I missed a wonderful day for a run, but I'll catch up tomorrow again.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ those pics really contrast nicely with the ones I posted- I'll take yours Big grin

congrats on all the firsts!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √