Trailer Trash

Wyoming Rocky Mountain 50k RR...and...How to make a proper mess out of your race. (Read 55 times)

Occasional Runner

I could have screwed it up much worse, but evidently I didn't try hard enough. I'm bummed because this could have been an amazing race finish for me and I was quietly assuming it would be. In the end, I managed to fight my way to a top 5 finish, but it should have been a much better day than that.

We're packing up now to head to South Africa on Tuesday. No time to dwell on my most recent mistakes. It's time to go make new ones!

Thanks for checking this out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/05/wyoming-rocky-mountain-50k-how-to-screw.html

Kelly

Uh oh... now what?

Safe travels to both of you, send us a post card...

Birdwell

Nice job as usual.

Enjoy South Africa. My grandparents and cousin both lived there for a number of years and told me stories of how much they loved it.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, still a great race and very good performance! And I am sure you will turn this experience into wiser and even better running quickly, as usual, and perhaps get a spot on the podium in one of the future races!

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Way to try and take the race by the throat!

Hey great job even with the dehydration. I ran into a similar problem yesterday, the heat crept up on me out of nowhere and all of a sudden I was very thirsty. Good luck at Comrades! Should be an amazing experience.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats on toughing it through!

I went to college with a fellow from Medicine Bow, spent a Thanksgiving break with his family- very interesting country to say the least

cotton t-shirt and a pink bib- tsk- tsk

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I could have screwed it up much worse, but evidently I didn't try hard enough.... 

Nice job getting through the rough patch.  Definitely learn more from the tough ones. Still a great result though. You put it out there!!!

Next time try harder screwing it up. Big grin

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Low_O2

Nice job toughing it out after getting behind on fluids! Love the mile 27 hydration strategy, that's a hardcore ultra runner right there...

Occasional Runner

Nice job toughing it out after getting behind on fluids! Love the mile 27 hydration strategy, that's a hardcore ultra runner right there...

I'm working on a sponsorship deal with PBR.

muppy

Congrats and nice  job pushing through the dark place!

Hope you have a great trip to South Africa, and an even better race at Comrade's!

Snowdenrun

I'm surprised people were giving you dirty looks about your beer. I probably would have been asking for one. Nice job pushing through the dehydrated a-hole phase.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm working on a sponsorship deal with PBR.

You should try to get Hammer to make a beer instead...Endurabrew...Hammer Lager...PerpetuAle?

Glad you were able to work yourself out of that bad place before the race's end.  Good luck in South Africa...that will be awesome for sure.

P.S. I liked reading your race strategy...plenty of attitude.  Too bad the day didn't go as planned.  I stalked that race a little bit and I was pulling for you to have a big day...on to the next!

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

You should try to get Hammer to make a beer instead...Endurabrew...Hammer Lager...PerpetuAle?

Glad you were able to work yourself out of that bad place before the race's end.  Good luck in South Africa...that will be awesome for sure.

P.S. I liked reading your race strategy...plenty of attitude.  Too bad the day didn't go as planned.  I stalked that race a little bit and I was pulling for you to have a big day...on to the next!

I'll float that by the Hammer R&D group. Personally, I think it's genius!

Thanks for pulling for me! I really thought I was going to have a much stronger day but I can't complain with how it went. There are a lot more opportunities to do well later this season.