Trailer Trash

Dark Sundaily (Read 35 times)

moonlightrunner

Dark because it is 0700 and still looks like the middle of the night!

Heading out as soon as there is a glimmer for a run with The Pointer.

qotd: I cannot think of anything running related. So...I' ll go yo food. What is your favorite fall/winter comfort food?

Mine used to be macaroni and cheese...but since i cannot eat dairy anymore..it is chili.

Hey....pls share recipes if you have something wonderful. Cooking season is upon us!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'll head out for a leisurely 10-12 after a second coffee, temps are cool with

a blanket of fog.

QOTD: Soups; I make a mean Brazilian Black Bean, mashed potato w/ garlic, squash.

Occasional Runner

The Bear 100 was absolutely amazing. Running from Logan, UT to Fish Haven, ID, 22,000 feet of climbing at altitude, through the snow and mud...just AWESOME! The toughest day of my life and I loved every minute of it.

I might go on a hike today before going to the airport later. I have a race report to write.

QOTD: I'm a chili guy. Jo and I make a great vegetarian chili and it's almost the time of year when it becomes a routine fixture in our meal rotation.

Brian Runner

Rest day.

20 miles  yesterday - final longer run before my 50k. One more speed session on the track this week and I'm in full taper mode.

Morning, all.  21 yesterday.  Today is our local marathon in Half Moon Bay and I'll be cheering on folks at the mile 21 A/S.  Heading out soon to set up, probably no running today.

QOTD: I love comfort foods... mac 'n cheese, chicken pot pies, hearty soups, chili... I love it all.  And we don't even get much of a "winter" here on the coast either.  Of course, we don't get much of a "summer" either so it all works out.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

moonlightrunner

I'll head out for a leisurely 10-12 after a second coffee, temps are cool with

a blanket of fog.

QOTD: Soups; I make a mean Brazilian Black Bean, mashed potato w/ garlic, squash.

sound wonderful...recipe?

Had a great run with The Pointer in the rain. I guess that is why it was so dark into the morning. I love running in the rain.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

A much needed rest day. I did the Bald Eagle Megatransect yesterday. The basic story is that I sucked. I don't think that I will post a RR as I'm too busy and it would mostly consist of whining. Here's the abstract report:

Race: Megatransect.  Mileage: 27.5 miles.  Elevation gain: >5000 ft.  Terrain: Very technical

Previously ran: Last year. Then 26.5 miles, completed in 8:40. Started with knee tendonitis that made descending difficult.

This Year: FIrst 14 miles went OK but slightly slower then hoped for.

Cramped at mile 17. Almost abandoned at mile 18 aid station. Ended up walking final miles.

Final finishing time: 10:04

Overall I was extremely disappointed with my performance. This has not been a good year for my running. For some reason I feel slow with no stamina on most of my runs. I'm not quite sure why. I've also had a lot of problems with cramping, but never anything that left me lying on the ground along the trail and the cramping would hit as soon as 4-5 miles in sometimes. My performance yesterday validates my decision to drop out of the Oil Creek 100k next week.

I hope everyone else that ran this weekend did better then I did.

I'll end with the bright spots: I didn't get injured which is easy to do on this course. I wore my NB 1210's and they did well. I fueled with Perpetuem and had no GI problems. No blisters.

QOTD: Chocolate and other sweet stuff.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

I'll be taking it easy today...pretty sore from the Mountain Madness 50k yesterday.

dd1: congrats on getting through a rough day...at least you got the finish!

QOTD: Macaroni and cheese

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

No running - celebrating DS birthday all day. As usual, he's getting way too many gifts. It just feels  wrong to push him to open more packets when all he wants to do is dive in on the first book he got.

QOTD: Chili. Either vegetarian as a side, or with meat as a main. Last weekend I made my best batch ever, cooking 3 lbs of chuck roast in four cans of beans until the meat almost dissolved.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I just go back from running on some Mt. Bike trails.  There was a race going on, and we wanted to see some riders.  Most bikers were very surprised to see us deep in the woods and especially since we were faster going uphill.  I was very upset about how much trash was scattered along the trails by the racers.  I sent the RD an e-mail about the trail litter, so now will see if he responds.

Daydreamer - Get some blood work done.

QOTD:  I was going to say something else, but now I want some chili.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a wonderful 10 mile run this morning, running the length of Mt Helena Ridge- this was the last day the free shuttle runs that takes you out of town to the trailhead (they also have a trailer for mtn bikes), it's a great service the city of Helena provides.  Started off w/ sunny and cool, slight breeze- got to the top of the ridge and you could see something blowing in, that would be wet snow.  Snow tapered off and the sun came out again w/ a couple of amazing rainbows.  Sun went away and you could see another something blowing in, that would be rain.  Fortunately the rain was pretty light.  Several trees blown across the trail from the high winds from last night, wind got pretty stiff at times this morning as well.  Nice variety of weather for a morning run! Big grin

qotd: don't have the recipe (my DW is the cook), but she makes a venison bowl of red that is one of my favorite fall/winter foods- any hearty soup and chili is always good after cold run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

sound wonderful...recipe?

Had a great run with The Pointer in the rain. I guess that is why it was so dark into the morning. I love running in the rain.

I wish I could take credit but its from the Moosewood Cookbook.

Birdwell

Afternoon folks!

SRD for me.

QOTD: I like chili. real chili. meat, tomatoes, spices. no beans.

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer - Get some blood work done.

I've been thinking that maybe I need to do that. There's a number of things that it could be. Right now I'm chalking it up to being very busy with a lot of stress in my life. But I'm also wondering if taking Prilosec and/or Zantac for my reflux is hurting my performance. Some papers have been written showing that could be the case.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

3 slooooow miles early in the dark and fog.  Just wanted to get my legs moving.

DD - at least you had good weather for it right?

QOTD: "Tastes like Lasagna soup" - just made some yesterday....oh so good.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday