Trailer Trash

I know for a fact that today is WEDNESDAY (Read 37 times)

LB2

3 to 5 tonight with the doggy.

QOTD: Non running question: Do you think Bill Cosby did the things he is accused of doing?

I try to avoid the news as much as possible, but I have been watching a little bit of the Cosby stuff. It is hard for me to believe that all 25 or so of these women are lying.

QOTD 2: Mtwarden's question: Are you traveling for the holidays?

No. I think everyone is coming to my house, which is fine. It is big enough, and I don't have to go anywhere.

LB2

LB2

Let's use Mtwardens.... Nope, he says use this one...

LB2

NorthernHarrier

After the little warmup we had our trails in Southern Wi are in great shape so I did a road run of 6.2 this morning. I make no sense sometimes.   But I will be on the trails as much as possible as long as they are runnable from here on.  And I will head to the Kettle Moraine probably Sunday for a longish run with an added bonus of checking and seeing that my favorite beer merchant in Ill. has a store 48 minutes from the trailhead over there. I see some holiday cheer happening!

Simplicity in my answers this time.

QOTD 1-YES

QOTD 2- No

runtraildc

so confusing!  What day is it?  And which daily?  Oh never mind....  My legs are a little tired today.  From what, I'm not sure, but I have 5 miles penciled in so I'll get out.  It is a gorgeous day here so that is definitely an incentive.

qotd1:  Yes, the number of women, the consistency in their stories, and most telling for me (unfortunately), how quickly the industry cancelled or dropped him.  The insiders know something and want nothing to do with it. (because they've sensed times have changed enough to know that can't continue to look the other way ).

qotd:  Yup, visiting family in MN.  Luckily our two sides of the family are only a couple of hours apart.  Hopefully more snow will come in the next week.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got a whole lot of nothing going on.

QOTD1: Yes, absolutely.

QOTD2: Nope, I am staying here and will hang out with my folks.  I'm getting the hell out of here in February.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Quick (as in time available and not my pace) run planned for over lunchtime.

QOTD1 - Most of these claims aren't new, so yes.

QOTD 2 - Everyone comes to our house for Christmas, so we get to stay put.  I do have to drive to Dulles airport to get the oldest 2 kiddies when they fly in from Portland.  Unfortunately, they land at 12:55am on Christmas eve morning, so a long night ahead.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I was going to drive up to the mountain for a long trail run, the first in a long time. Instead I'm sitting at home listening to the pressure cooker blowing off steam, spending the day canning venison.  Looks like I'll have to settle for something between 6-8 miles on the road again .

QOTD 1: The entertainment industry is very corrupt, so yes I think something happened.

QOTD 2: Nope. With our jobs traveling for the holidays never works. Sometime I'd like to spend Christmas in the Smoky Mountains. The problem is getting enough time off to make it worth while. DW is not allowed to take anytime off between the 2nd week of December to the 2nd week of January.

moonlightrunner

10 tonight. Do not pass to go homedo not collect any Christmas presents until it is done.

Qotd #1: I suspect some is true. I have avoidedreading spspecifics because it bursts my bubble. Nothing is as it once seemed to be.

Qotd#2: just local travel ( 10 minutes) and maybe 30 minutes to take DD and grandkids to see the ex

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I slept in this morning. I'm exhausted from all this travel lately and need the rest and recovery time. In Miami now, heading back to SLC.

QOTD1: Bill Cosby may, or may not have touched me in an inappropriate way back in the 80's.

QOTD2: Home for Christmas and in Arizona for New Years.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Laps around the park's paved trail for 10.4 miles.

QOTD 1: Haven't been following it other than seeing the headlines. Where there's smoke, there's fire?

QOTD 2: Working retail, the holidays are not a time for travel for me. Maybe if I plan ahead 9-10 months for a vacation request I can run ATY some time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Got in an hour out on sloppy trails today with no achilles problems whatsoever... not sure how far I can run and have that be the case but for now I'll take what I can get.

qotd1: haven't been following

qotd2: thankfully, we get to hang around in town this year :-)

hog4life

6.3 with Bella this afternoon before work. Looking for a longish trail run this weekend of 12-15.

QOTD 1, who knows, I haven't been keeping up with him

QOTD 2, no

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Late check-in, but I thought better late than never. Been missing too many days lately here.

7 miles through all kinds of weather, flurries, sleet, sunshine, wind. It was cold, but not so bad that it hurt. Still a nice run through the hills.

I've been fighting some serious joint pain again, no idea where it comes from. Shoulders, ankles, wrists. No pain while I'm running, but before, and after. Seems to be worse without any running, so I'm sticking with short distances for now.

QOTD1: I haven't had the time to find out what exactly he is accused of, nor to find out whether I think it's true or not. So no opinion on that one.

QOTD2: We will probably spend a day at my father in law's house in Maryland sometime around Christmas, but no plans yet. Our work schedules are unknown yet, so it's hard to make plans. Most of the time we will spend at home, and I'm hoping for a few nice runs with DD!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the snow, funny it was 34 degrees and felt warm when I left my truck, less than an hour later (albeit the sun had set) it was 24 degrees and didn't feel warm 

qotd 1: not sure in every case he's guilty, but I think enough similarities and some of the gals seemed very credible, based on that- yes

qotd 2: we're going to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day w/ my DD and SIL (and two grandkids!)- it's only a 120 miles down the road (two hour drive) so not a big road trip

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'm not sure what day it is anyway...

I did about 5 miles on both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Just did flat, city miles early in the morning while it was still quiet and not so smoggy.

qotd 1: based on the media coverage I'd say yes.

qotd2: Yes I am traveling home.  Can't wait since our little family will be all together for a week or so.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL