Trailer Trash

Memorial Mondaily (Read 34 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day!

Jo and I are headed to Park City to meet up with our running group for a full frontal assault on those trails. It should be an amazing day on the mountain! I'll probably get 12-15 miles in.

QOTD: How are you spending your Memorial Day?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a fast (for me) 5.5 my my "go to trail" yesterday.  THought I saw a black bear in the middle of the trail - turned out to only be a black lab.  Oh well.

QOTD: I am going to see family near Philly.  I hope to sneak in a run at VF national park and check out the trails  Although I am expecting there to be a lot of people.

Have a great Memorial Day! A huge thanks to all vets and anyone currently serving in our military!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Brian Runner

20 on Saturday, a hard climb filled 7 on Sunday. I need a day off but when somebody from the club wants to run I have a hard time saying no, which means I'll be getting back out there this afternoon.  The rest can wait until Tuesday.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

With the holiday today, I''m going to push my run off til mid-afternoon today, when it's a little bit hotter.

I need to work on my heat tolerance, so I'll get out for a couple hours.

QOTD: Going to have a little BBQ (I've had a couple of pork butts on my smoker overnight, they are getting closer to delicious, but need another 5-6 hours of cooking)

We're also going to get out and redo our planned Saturday spelunking at a few little caves.

Saturday's adventure ended 25 minutes into the car ride up the canyon, when both kids started throwing up. There was a lot of discussion about whether they were really sick, or just car sick, due to my driving. I contend that I drove the canyon as fast as I always do.

Either way, we're trying again in an hour or so. I may take the curves a little slower this time.

Sandy-2

Happy Memorial Day. Thanks to all those who are or have served.

A good 3 day weekend total 21 + 15  + 14 = 50  Today's 14 actually felt pretty good.  I also did an hour on the stair stepper thing yesterday, did the old ice bath soak afterward so I really think that helped.

qotd: not much planned for today, just hanging out and a few chores.

tbd.

Morning trailers,

SRD for me today. I finished the Dirty German 50k under my goal time yesterday and I am a happy girl. Will post a RR later today. I spent most of the evening at a Memorial Day BBQ after the race, and didn't really do the whole rest/recovery thing yet.

QOTD: Sitting on the couch with my pup, catching up on the Wire. I think I have earned it.

muppy

A big Thank You to all who served  and those who made the ultimate sacrifice!

Did 25K at dirty german yesterdy, now get to take some time off and let my pulled groin muscle heal up.

Nice job Ginny on your 50K!

Enjoy the Wire, I think it's the best show ever on TV!

Birdwell, enjoy those pork butts ( I'm a BBQ judge if you wanna send some to me to taste!)  Are doing pulled pork?

QOTD I get to work today, then stop at GF's families for a picnic, then my son is smoking pork shoulder for pulled pork, can't wait!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all- strength training today- think I'm going to do my "300" routine- 6 sets of 50 pushups/squats/situps (and 6 sets of 10 pullups- so it's really a "360" routine Big grin)

qotd: got the remainder of my yard work out of the way this morning, going to be grilling ribeyes this afternoon

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Morning all!

Got out bright and early today for 38 miles on the road bike. Shaved a few minutes off the last couple times I rode that route while trying to keep the effort comfortable, so felt pretty good.

T&C and Run Muppy - Congrats on the Dirty German! Looking forward to hearing about it.

QOTD: Not much planned for the rest of the day. Wife is working so I am on daddy duty. Likely spend quite a bit of time laying on the floor entertaining DS or maybe go for a walk.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran a good 14 yesterday.  Usually do this with my partner averaging 14 minutes but did it averaging 11.  It feels good to run not just slog along.  Mom and Pop in town from Michigan and it's raining today so maybe lunch out and a movie.

Cocktails and Run Muppy:  Congrats on your race.  Can't believe no one complains about "Dirty German" name.

Sandy: How nice to do three long runs in a row.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

9 trail miles early this morning, now off to a BBQ. I'm hoping to get 8-10 more hilly road miles in later. Have a great holiday, everyone.

Snowdenrun

Morning!

Yesterday I took myself out for a nice easy run to help loosen up from the 14 miler on Friday that kicked my ass. Totaled around 8 yesterday and it was the first run where I didn't feel like I was going to keel over and die. Finally back in the groove! Today I think I'll take the dog out for a shorter hike. The weather is perfect!

QOTD: ...work.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for a 6.3 mile loop but may cut it to 4.5 miles. Then hope to wash and clean up the one bike. I hate when it gets filthy.

QOTD: Back into work this evening and through tomorrow. No picnics or parties since DW is working as well.

Chnaiur

Eight easy in golden gate park. These new shoes are really soothing for the feet. Good riddance to the True Grits.

QOTD: Nothing special - meeting old friends from London in the park so the kids can play while we catch up.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Eight easy in golden gate park. These new shoes are really soothing for the feet. Good riddance to the True Grits.

QOTD: Nothing special - meeting old friends from London in the park so the kids can play while we catch up.

Pure Grits Smile  what did you replace them w/?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √