Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and I had another nice 6 mile trail run.  It was a sticky 82 F by the end of our run and headed for the mid 90s.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning, folks-  bailed on my run yesterday, so tonight has to be it.  My mileage has been abysmal lately, must be summer.    Today will be a hot one, so I will pay for skipping last night.

qotd:  Covet anything lately?  (running-related or not)  Met a springer spaniel pup while in Maine.  I'm a springer fan, but this dog was extra special and one of the most handsome I've seen.  Talked with her owners for a bit, all the while wondering 'how can I steal this dog?"  Not that I would, but had they offered her, I would have grabbed her and ran.  and dealt with DH later.  She would have made a great running partner.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  I got out early to beat most of the heat.  Ran over 2 hours with mix of logging roads and trails.  I heard a strange sound ahead of me that sounded at first like a cow.  I stopped and saw a bear cub running away from me crying out.  I waited to see if momma showed up, but never saw her.  The cub ran off the trail into the woods, and I went on my way, looking back once in a while.  It was a very loud cry, and I had never heard a cub cry out before.  Came home and Googled "black bear cub sounds", and yep, sounded just like it.

QOTD:  My mt. bike needs a lot of work, so might be looking for a new one.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'll do a 3 mile run/walk today after work.  I guess it'll be about 95*.

qotd: a buckle this weekend.

tbd.

DigDug2

7 on the roads/rail trail this a.m.  Legs feeling heavy and stiff, body kind of low energy the last few days.  Definitely a cutback week in order.

QOTD:  saw a cool VW bus the other day, really nicely maintained - would like one of those some day.

moonlightrunner

Good aftsrnoon!

I am running after work today with the runner I met at the trailhead the other day. I hope it works out that we are compatible to run together. It would be nice to train with someone occasionally.

Sandy: I'm so excited for you. It will be fun to monitor your progress while wishing I was there.

Qotd: I covet a lot...mostly the awesome running trails most of you have access to. Equipment wise I am coveting a Rev 6 and New Balance "running g boot" for next winter, and a state stand up paddle board, and snowshoes, and...and and! I better buy a lottery ticket.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Nice ride up to Skyline this morning via Old la Honda road. One of my better times this year for the climb, which is not saying much but is encouraging nonetheless.

Hoping my x-ray for my right foot is negative .....

QOTD: a buckle sometime this year .....

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran a measley 3 miles this morning....but that is ok.  I haven't been around due to vacation.  I crewed and paced Jason (Run Junkie) for Western States.  The plan was to crew him from Foresthill to the finish; which would have been 45 miles my longest run.  I think Jason got a little nervous and ended up bringing a friend.  So I crewed for 17 miles, Forsethill to Greengate.  We had a great time crewing, another Forumite from RW Ocomomo, and my runnning partner also came.  Jason friend Mark also crewed with us.  We called ourselves the Crewgars!  Pacing with Jason was fun, I was a little nervous I couldn't keep up or not know what to do.  I keep up, he was running good.  At one point we were clocking 8:40s...another time 10:40 when I told him 10:40 he couldn't believe it becuase he thought he was cruising.   We were actually ticking off alot of people, passed about 15 runners in the period.  I got to cross the famous American River crossing which was very cool.  When I left Jason I was hopeful that he would break the 24 hour mark..but figured he would come in 10 minutes after...think it was actually 18.

After staying up all night I drove home to my company where we proceed to hike to a river and hang out all day. From then on it was boating, quad riding, camping,m kayaking and drinking the rest of the week.  So no running.

QOTD:  I wasn't going to share but the q of the day prompt it.  My marriage.  The hubby shared with me a week ago that he felt I haven't been a partner in the marriage for a while and he has been thinking of ending it.      Wow!!! eye opener...I don't want to lose him!!!  Plus DigDug2 he owns a very cool VW bus!!!

Sandy:  Good luck on that buckle!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran a measley 3 miles this morning....but that is ok.  I haven't been around due to vacation.  I crewed and paced Jason (Run Junkie) for Western States.  The plan was to crew him from Foresthill to the finish; which would have been 45 miles my longest run.  I think Jason got a little nervous and ended up bringing a friend.  So I crewed for 17 miles, Forsethill to Greengate.  We had a great time crewing, another Forumite from RW Ocomomo, and my runnning partner also came.  Jason friend Mark also crewed with us.  We called ourselves the Crewgars!  Pacing with Jason was fun, I was a little nervous I couldn't keep up or not know what to do.  I keep up, he was running good.  At one point we were clocking 8:40s...another time 10:40 when I told him 10:40 he couldn't believe it becuase he thought he was cruising.   We were actually ticking off alot of people, passed about 15 runners in the period.  I got to cross the famous American River crossing which was very cool.  When I left Jason I was hopeful that he would break the 24 hour mark..but figured he would come in 10 minutes after...think it was actually 18.

After staying up all night I drove home to my company where we proceed to hike to a river and hang out all day. From then on it was boating, quad riding, camping,m kayaking and drinking the rest of the week.  So no running.

QOTD:  I wasn't going to share but the q of the day prompt it.  My marriage.  The hubby shared with me a week ago that he felt I haven't been a partner in the marriage for a while and he has been thinking of ending it.      Wow!!! eye opener...I don't want to lose him!!!  Plus DigDug2 he owns a very cool VW bus!!!

Sue, thanks for the mini-report on your WS time with Jason.  Don't you just love that guy?

I am really sorry to hear that about your husband.    I hope things work out.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Had a 22 mile run planned today. I was going to do a 13 mile loop, stop at the car and refill the backpack then 9+ miles more.  Yesterday morning I woke up with a slightly sore throat and no voice. This morning I didn't want to get up at all but I rolled out of bed at 0500 trying to beat the heat and humidity. Felt like crap driving to the trail then once I started to run I felt surprisingly better. The first 6 miles went pretty good but I could tell I was going to wear out and might not get in the full run. Decided to bail at the 8 mile mark. Just wasn't feeling it.

I would have just walked a lot to finish the first 13 miles but the deer flies were crazy today. At one point I was windmilling above my head and hitting several at a time. Killed several that had already drawn blood. Sucks when you have blood running down your arms and legs and you haven't even fallen . Ended up with 11 miles with the last three being on the road. Even on the road I couldn't run fast enough to get away from the stupid flies. So much for Repel with 40% DEET repelling deer flies.

QOTD: I'm mostly happy with what I have and with my ability to get things that I need or want. I just have to be patient and save for things. I mostly covet time. I'd love to have more time to work on my hobbies. I'd like to do more general shooting and start to reload my own ammunition, It's just difficult to find the time to do it. Oh, and a functioning GI tract. Mine works great until I start to run long distances then I get the belching and bloating. So if anyone here has a iron gut that you want to give up I'll take it .

AT-runner

Tim

+ 1  -   Good luck, Sue.

AT-runner

Tim

Hoping my x-ray for my right foot is negative .....

Good luck,  Hope it's nothing serious.  You can always rest it while watching le Tour de France.

Sandy-2

+1

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Queen: I telly hope things work out. It is good he communicated It to you and I hope he era ts to work things out as much as you do.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today, work got in the way. Maybe some night miles later (and hoping that timber rattlesnakes are not as nocturnal as their reputation tells).

Sue: sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be able to straighten things out again!

Sandy: so excited for you! Maybe you'll be able to take some pictures?

QOTD: nothing really, I'm happy with what I have. If anything, it would be an entry to Western States, or ... Hardrock 

Run for fun.