Trailer Trash

Frigid Friday (Read 33 times)

LB2

Ran 5 last night. Legs felt pretty good. I'll do one or two 2.5 mile loops tonight.

QOTD: What are you good at as a runner, and what are you not so good at as a runner?

I am pretty good at getting my nutrition right, especially since I discovered Tailwind. I am good at navigation, day or night, map or not (usually). I am pretty good at climbing, I think. And I am good at walking with a sense of urgency and understanding when walking is more efficient than running. I am good at adjusting as I go, most of the time. I am good at taking care of blisters. And I am horrible at math while running.

I am not so good with speed and understanding when it is the right time to push it. I am not very good at downhill running because I lack control, and sooner or later, that is going to result in a twisted ankle if I keep doing it. I am good at epic falls. I am not very good at preventing blisters.

LB2

Marley and I had a nice chilly 5 mile trail run.  It was 32 F at the start and we had a bit of ice on the windshield when we left the house.  Marley seemed energized by the cool weather and had fun chasing squirrels.

QOTD: I am great at enjoying my trail runs, and good at getting out almost every day regardless of weather, but not very talented athletically.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

We're having a beautiful morning here in the Wasatch. It warmed back up and felt great during my run. I logged a longish, meandering road run this morning. Planning a couple of LONG B2B runs this weekend.

QOTD: This varies. Some days I'm good at everything and other days I suck at everything. I'm just riding the roller coaster.

AT-runner

Tim

TGIF.  No run yesterday, as I drove down to DC to take my sister in for a breast biopsy.  She had a bad mammogram, and image doesn't look good and during the biopsy they found another area that they want to look at and scheduled her for next week.  She's going to be a mess waiting for all the results.  My BIL is a real ass, and couldn't take any time off.

R2R2R run set for April 13th.  Heading out to play golf in Scottsdale with a group of 12, and 2 of us are going out early to the GC.  Hotel car and flights are all set.

QOTD:  Nutrition as well for me.  Also use Tailwind, and add plain water and solids as needed.  After that, endurance.  I'm poor at speed now.  I was never overly fast, but used to have more speed.  For me it's too many long easy runs in the woods and not enough tempo and speed work.

Yesterday's QOTD:  I'm a Neurologist.  I also have graduate degree in Biochemistry.  If I could, I'd get work doing research for diabetic neuropathy.  I wrote a paper yeas ago, but so much has changed that I would love to revisit the subject.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

currently -2 here (this front has now been here exactly a week and looks like it doesn't like it exits until Monday or Tuesday), ran on the dreadmill last night- there is something I can't quite put my hand on, but running on a treadmill just feels funny- I'm also sorer running on a treadmil too????

strength training this evening

qotd: I'm good at climbing/walking steep technical stuff, I'm not good coming down it- too timid maybe????  I have no speed whatsoever, but do have decent mental fortitude  The very best outcome I can expect at any event is somewhere mid-pack, the most likely outcome is back of the pack 

Like AT, I'm rather good at squeezing a lot of fun and adventure in my running!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Early morning on the trails doing intervals. Probably should have been tapering or resting as I will be trying to keep up with Mandy in the morning on some local trails. I'm guessing she'll leave me breathless as always.   It was cold out there and I am certainly not acclimated. In a month or so this will feel balmy but I am just not ready yet.

QOTD-- Good: that I enjoy every run and do not get anal about them.  Bad: I have gotten slow and old so now my enjoyable runs just take a little longer. 

Going out for 5-6 today, maybe at lunchtime. We turned the heat on for the first time today, it's only 37 but it feels colder.

AT -- sorry to hear about your sister, hope everything turns out okay.

QOTD: I consider myself a pretty good downhiller, I'm not too hesitant to bomb down hills (or fall). However I still suck at uphills and will need to improve a lot before Hyner next year.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 6 miles last night.  Today is a SRD.  I have to go downtown for a friend's birthday tonight.  Grumble.  I am not good at this being social thing.

QOTD: I am good at nothing and bad at pretty much everything when it comes to running, but I don't run to be good at it.

p.s.  Harrier is on crack.  He's way faster than me.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Headed out for some hill work on the bike .... MRI yesterday on the achilles and no appointments until December, so either I will take the CD to someone else or just do what I want.

Taking the family on a trip this weekend, so lots of walking but no real running on cycling. We will be at Disneyland so skipping is allowed Wink

AT-runner

Tim

Headed out for some hill work on the bike .... MRI yesterday on the achilles and no appointments until December, so either I will take the CD to someone else or just do what I want.

Taking the family on a trip this weekend, so lots of walking but no real running on cycling. We will be at Disneyland so skipping is allowed Wink

You can call for your radiology report.  They are usually read within 24 hours, and you are entitled to a copy of it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Worked last night then had a class this morning for a new documentation program we are going to be getting. Too much bitching and whining from some of the people there.  I know it's not always nice having to learn new computer programs and this one, like most, has it's flaws. However, some of the people I work with can bitch about anything .

Planning on taking a quick nap, then get out for a short run in the wind and cold.

QOTD: Not very much. My first answer was going to be "nothing". But when I got to the end of LB2's answer I realized that I seem to be good at avoiding blisters. The only one I've ever had that I can remember was from a callous that came loose and even that didn't really bother me.

LB2

QOTD: Not very much. My first answer was going to be "nothing". But when I got to the end of LB2's answer I realized that I seem to be good at avoiding blisters. The only one I've ever had that I can remember was from a callous that came loose and even that didn't really bother me.

I never get blisters on training runs, no matter how far. I always get blisters during races, no matter how far. I am doing something wrong/different. I won't hesitate to cut one and drain it, though. So, they have never been a huge concern.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 mile lunch run....I swear!!!!!

QOTD:  Good:   I'm a pretty strong runner...as in I can run a good pace for a long time with little training.  I have rarely suffered any injuries.  I am a good uphill runner and fast walker (I mean power hiker).

Bad:  I'm lazy, do not run consistently, do not cross train, and let "things" in get in the way of running.  I'm a poor downhill runner.

AT:  Your a good bro!  Hope everything is ok.

MTWarden:  Crap!  That's cold and way too early!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Good afternoon!

I am hard at work at work...posting to this forum! Oh well...I guess I am in wind down mode for the weekend.

No run last night...I did not expect snow on the ground last night and had not brought my winter foot gear. Today if time allows I will do 10 on the bike path. It is winter here today...I need to get out and make friends with it.

Qotd: I am not really good at anything. I am slow at everything...but like others here I make up for it by running for a long time and loving every minute.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon Trail Folks!

I would like to get the bike out today...didn't happen earlier this week.

QOTD: I'm a good pre-planner...if I'm going to do a race, I'm going to do my homework on it.  It amazes me how people can show up to a race knowing nothing about what they are in for.

QOTD (yesterday) - I'm the Safety Manager for a mechanical contractor in NYC (heavy industrial type work like power plants, water treatment, etc).  It's a great job that I stumbled my way into.  They give me a lot of freedom to do things the way I want.  The company is very good...the first construction company I have come across that actually meets deadlines.  I was trying to think of an idiot at my work, but I couldn't (does that make me the idiot).

**Ask me about streaking**