Trailer Trash

Good grief, I'm antsy for spring! (Read 233 times)

sugnim

I've been looking at upcoming races & planning my race calendar for 2013 and it has me feeling antsy for spring!  To top it off, there is sunshine out there today (of course it was completely overcast during the long weekend, eh).  I know the winter solstice was just a couple weeks ago, but I already have spring fever.  Anyone else ready to ditch the ice traction & long sleeves?

Occasional Runner

I'm having fantasies of my shoes making direct contact with a dirt trail once again.

NorthernHarrier

Yes, I'm having fantasies myself...Blush.. oh never mind.

Yes, real dirt would be great. Tried running with an up tempo this afternoon and it was either ice, packed snow or the worst-light loose snow over ice. It was just great.  Yet I still love living here. Shocked

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

cabin fever has definitely set in!  I was forced to run on a treadmill this evening-it really has to suck out for that to happen Big grin

I'm hoping that running in the snow is like running in the sand- maybe when we get dry ground I'll be fast as all hell Evil

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I could go for a little cabin fever right now.  And spring.

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

I feel really lucky to live where I do. I have gorgeous snow free trails 45 minutes south of me, or 30 minutes east I can snowshoe through a 65" base.

Spring can hold off a while for me, because I have noticed that summer nearly always follows spring, and I don't care for summer much.

Luke79

We are actually getting a bit of a winter in LA.  I'm already tired of it.  Spring is by far my favorite season.  It's very hopeful and optimistic.

Occasional Runner

We are actually getting a bit of a winter in LA.  I'm already tired of it.  Spring is by far my favorite season.  It's very hopeful and optimistic.

Sooooo....yeah....what does winter in LA look like? When we lived in southern Florida we used to bitch about winter. It's all a matter of perspective.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

To anyone,

I have 3 extra rooms at my casa to anyone who wants to train for the upcoming season.  I have over a hundred trail miles right across the street.  No charge except I like big bold beers.

Bring your road/mtn bike as well for some epic cross training.

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

under a rock

Our winters are great for running. I'm not itching for spring at all because I hate what follows spring. Our best trails races are happening in the next few months. We haven't had any snow yet. I hope we get at least one snow event. Last winter we had none. The year before it snowed 3 times and I loved it. But, I'm sure I wouldn't love snow if it stuck around all winter.

Luke79

Sooooo....yeah....what does winter in LA look like? When we lived in southern Florida we used to bitch about winter. It's all a matter of perspective.

It's basically a fall.  I've lived in Idaho and Colorado, so I have a sincere appreciation for how mild it is here.  We're getting freezing temps for lows right now, which is the extreme here.  I just don't like any cold, AT ALL.  I'm a total cold wuss.  That being said, I can go for runs in 100° temps without a big issue.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm enjoying the cold and snow ridden trails thus far but then again we have only had the snow for a week and a half. I am sure I will be sick of it by next week. I haven't really run snowy trails much before this last week and am loving it. I feel spring could hold off a bit. I was thinking the other day that I would love to do a winter race. Not too many around though.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Wandering Wally

Realistically I know I have ~3 months to go before spring arrives, so I try not to think about it.  What does the sun look like?  I forgot.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

XtremeTaper

I love spring.. already thinking about it and noticing that it's no longer dark at 5pm and the days are getting longer. I will hit Florida later this month to get a midwinter dose of spring/summer and run some hard packed sand trails underneath southern pines and through oak hammocks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Scrapster

Mmmm....Winter.  I.  Love.  Winter.

Mike - You better put on those big boy insulated panties.  We've still got the "worst" yet to come.  Smile