Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 32 times)

LB2

I'll do about 5 after work and before our special town meeting.

QOTD: What do you think is the most significant change in your running since you started?

It hit me yesterday that I no longer crave music when I run. I knew I hadn't run with music in about a year, but I never gave it much thought until yesterday. When I first started running, I found it as a way to get away from everyone and immerse myself in music. If I left my music at home, I found it difficult to run. I trained with music all the way up to my first 50K, and on race day, the rain was so bad that I didn't want to risk ruining my iPod. Then, I ran a 100K and could not get the stupid thing to come on. After that, I just pretty much abandoned the thing. The only DNF I have was run with music. I was done before the playlist.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

4.3 slow recovery miles to evict Uncle DOMS (2.3 with Weston)  Did manage to sneak a few 10 second "sprints"  in occasionally, to stretch the legs out. I think I was running an amazing 9:30 pace for the sprints...

13.54, 11.46, 11.48, 11.08, (last 0.3 at 10.01 pace)

QOTD:  I've slowed down to prevent the recurrrance of injury, and am much more aware of the state of health of my legs.  I also am running much longer distances than ever before.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

The pooch and I had a nice cool 7 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:  I guess that would be the disappearance of goals other than just  the joy of being out in the woods running.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Heading to the gym today after 2 full days of rest. I will probably just do some light elliptical stuff. Not ready to run yet.  But I was able to walk down stairs normally today, so I call it a victory in my book Smile

QOTD:  I think my form has improved dramatically. I used to heel strike heavily and have a long stride, but I made a cognizant change to midfoot striking and shortened my stride and now it feels more natural.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Will head out this evening (w/ lamps) for 6 miles in the hills, the full moon should help w/ lighting

qotd: I'm roughly at the three year mark w/ my running and several things come to mind- seem to be less injury prone (probably a combo of being more conditioned and more aware of injuries when they start); loss of weight and a body shape change (went from 200 lbs and stocky to 180 and relatively lean) and foremost the sheer joy of running that I missed out on for most of my life!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Up before the sun and got in 7 quicker(for me) road miles. Drinking my coffee(nothing happens w/o coffee) and the boss calls and says I have a light day and to come in whenever I feel like it. Grrrrr. I guess I could have slept a little later.  So I guess i can get a few little things done around here and then head in.

TrailTromper--I've always thought you have it figured out. I'm still evolving but there is hope.

QOTD--This is a good one. Hmmm.... I guess for now I'd say shoes.  I started truly running in 1981. Ah, you should see some of the shoes from that era that were called running shoes. Though I do miss a few of the oldies and there simple no nonsense style and function overall running shoes continue to get improved. Biggest problem is marketing gets in the way of common sense.

This is a question I'll be thinking about while driving around today and may have to revisit my answer.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Will get out for a short recovery run this afternoon.

QOTD: After 45 years of thinking of myself as a middle distance-5K runner, moving up to my first ultra and liking it enough that next year will focus on them, including my first trail ultra.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

7 score and 10 years ago today, Abraham Lincoln gave his Gettysburg Address.  Since Gettysburg is packed with visitors and news cameras, I went to the woods to run.

QOTD:  I don't race as much as I did many years ago, and lately I've done more long adventurous runs. Next year I'm planning some overnight fast packing trips.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Morning all. Got ten in this morning. I ran the miles faster than usual I don't know if it's the cold weather or I'm just hitting a new level but my easy paces without staring at a watch has increased by 30 seconds or so the last couple of weeks. I even sang a song for a couple of miles just to make sure it was really a easy pace for me. My dog was not impressed, he kept looking at me on his heels and finally gave up his normal place in the lead and followed me the last 3.

QOTD: This is a hard one, so much has changed it would be hard to point to just one. I suppose body shape and size has been my biggest changed in the last 3 or 4 years.  I lost so much body size that rumors among my friends was that I had the big "C" word.  Huh, small towns, got to love em.

LB2-Like you when I first started I always had some sort of music playing, now I very rarely play music. The miles always pass easier when I get lost in my own thoughts and music seems to keep me in the hear and now.

LB2

QOTD: This is a hard one, so much has changed it would be hard to point to just one. I suppose body shape and size has been my biggest changed in the last 3 or 4 years.  I lost so much body size that rumors among my friends was that I had the big "C" word.  Huh, small towns, got to love em.

Good point on this one. When I get deep into what I consider a training cycle, I can drop some weight fairly quickly. I have had people ask me if I was sick before. I think it is funny, especially coming from a fat ass.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 6 road miles this morning in my favorite pair of running shoes

ever, NB 1400's. It was one of those runs where I wasn't really into

it and even considered cutting it short, then before I knew it I was

still running past the 2.5 mile mark, I really like it when that happens.

QOTD: You're on a good qotd streak, LB2. Most significant is switching

from roads to trails, second has been working on good form, third is

when I incorporate leg/hip/core strength training into my routine.

LB2

QOTD: You're on a good qotd streak, LB2. Most significant is switching

from roads to trails, second has been working on good form, third is

when I incorporate leg/hip/core strength training into my routine.

Thanks. I come up with some good ones while I am running. But most of the time, they slip away before I write them down.

LB2

Chnaiur

Set at 20 lb deadlift record yesterday. Will be interesting how my 5 miles today feel after that :-)

QOTD

1) Much lower pace - I don't try to break my PR on every run every day

2) Awareness of form

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

muppy

9.5 "rolling hills" miles at a newer park thats pretty close to my house.

QOTD I would say the best change would be running trails and not on roads, where it seems like I'm just a target for cars!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did not run this am but have a lunch time 5 planned...

QOTD: I'm actually a runner now and run for pleasure.  When I started I was a jogger and just trying to lose some weight.  I am running way longer and in the woods.

LB:  I have been ditching my music more and more.  Although for long runs I bring it and may use it for the last hour.

TT: So agree...not only the woods but the pleasure of watching your dog enjoy himself so much.

AT: Your goal next year is something I have been thinking about too.

Gator eye:  nice job kicking your dogs butt...what is "C"..I can think of "g" and "S" but not C.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄