Trailer Trash

Spikey Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

Much of the snow had melted and refrozen leaving not much depth of snow but a lot of ice.  That made for great trail conditions as long as you have spikes (or to a lesser extent claws).  So we had a nice 4 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!  Sunny here and most of our snow is gone, except in the deep woods.  We even have a few crocuses blooming!  It will be another day of light walking/hiking as the knee is still sore.  I was hoping to get out for a short run this weekend, but the smarter, non-runner side of my brain is telling me not to push it.  I know I should listen to that person....

Messenjah & Harrier- still thinking about Zumbro, but it all depends on when I can get back running strong.

NorthernHarrier

Heading out shortly to run with, I find out a birthday girl. Crap, now I have to be nice to her.  Looks to be a tough trail session based on yesterday's conditions. But all good nonetheless!

runtrail- Still 50 spots open for us. I have not pulled the trigger yet myself but will. This will actually get me out of going to a wedding in Green Bay that entire weekend. Yay for racing events!

Sandy-2

Did 15 this morning.  Felt really good.  Weather was nice, short sleeves and gloves.

Just signed up for Hell's Hill 50m in April.

I also just saw this.  I met her a few months after I finished my first marathon when I was living in northern NJ, she was extremely nice.  Cool story. RIP.

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/first-woman-over-50-to-break-300-in-marathon-dies

LB2 - go get 'em at Cheaha !!!

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

What are you guys talking about, flowers blooming, short sleeves,... ? I have flowers blooming here, my indoor orchid, that is, and I'm wearing short sleeves - at work. Still plenty of snow around, and ice, but wonderfully sunny. I might go out snowshoeing with DD, as soon as I have replaced that basket on my pole that I lost the other day. Impressive how much deeper the pole goes into the snow wothout this thingie. And lots of fun how far one can bend sideways... QOTD: PB&J: does the jelly go on top or on the bottom, and is it allowed to just turn the sandwich around if you got it wrong?

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

SRD today. 65F and sunny in the forecast, so will be a nice day for a walk.

QOTD: Only had PB&J once, and that was during a rock-climbing camping trip out in the desert at night after the guy with the stove had forgotten his matches. It was very dark, so I didn't see what was on top. There are worse things than Tecate and PB&J sandwiches though.

The best thing I got from that occasion was a picture of a Harvard professing banging rocks together over kersosene-drenched TP to make fire. It didn't work.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

muppy

Plan on 7 sunny miles after work. Should be in low 50's, but sill have a foot of snow and ice.

QOTD Jelly always goes on top so that the peanut butter on bottom fills in any holes to prevent leakage.

Also only  strawberry jelly, grape is nasty, it's like eating purple cardboard!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

Getting ready for a 20 mile sidewalk run.  Already hit the bike for 20 mins.  Goodluck lace up, jmoctav, jbyram and anyone else racing.

QOTD: Jelly on top, cut diagonal.  Jelly gets spread first and the knife gets wiped off onto the pb side of the bread.  Flipping is acceptable unless it is on a bagel or english muffin, which we all know are 1 directional breads.

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

qotd: jam, not jelly, goes on the bread slice on the left.  PB on the right.  Then it doesn't matter which is top or bottom.

sugnim

6 slow miles this morning.  I had salsa & eggs for breakfast and probably didn't wait long enough before I went out to run, but that was when my son took a nap.  You gotta get the run in when you can!  Unfortunately, that meant I had to cut it short & I did a fair amount of walking as the salsa kept trying to reappear, and I don't deal well with that.  Yuck.

QOTD:  I'm not sure what you mean by the jelly going on top or bottom.  I really couldn't tell what is the top or bottom side of a sandwich on sliced bread.    Anyway, here's how I like them: wheat bread, peanut butter (the natural, greasy kind made out of just peanuts), and low sugar jam or preserves with big chunks of fruit.  Strawberry is my favorite.  Lately I have been putting peanut butter & strawberry preserves on top of vanilla frozen yogurt--so yummy!

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Lined up for a 50k at 7 AM with Kelly and ~70 others in the "mountains" outside Phoenix.  Felt good for the first dozen miles but then my stomach went into complete rebellion.  Kept moving til mile 18 when my splits went low nine to 12 to 18 to 20 and then I just shut off the watch and stumbled along puking and generally feeling like shit.  Dropped after 23ish miles.

Ate too much for breakfast plus lots of coffee on the drive down and my stomach just wasn't processing.  Picked up my gel flask at mile ten and one swig was all it took to turn things sour.  Staved off puking by sipping ginger ale at subsequent aid stations but that only delayed the inevitable.

Watoni

Been working too hard and been exhausted lately (waahh wahhh). Trying to motivate myself for a run

Birdwell

4 miles on the trails

trying to figure out how to upload data from my new (to me) garmin 305.

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE ELEVATION PROFILE! is that to much to ask?

QOTD: PB&J with strawberry jam on white bread FTW. if I put the peanut butter upside down I just turn it over

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6.5 miles (and some good elevation) on snowhsoes- when the trail was packed (first and last mile) I could make good time, the rest of the loop I was breaking trail and slowed to a crawl.

qotd: love p&j's- multigrain bread, good peanutbutter and jam (over jelly)- with a glass milk it really hits the spot and it's the ultimate no fuss food Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

60 and sunny here nice joggy jog through the park with a friend for 9.8 miles. Lot's of horses out there.  While I was running my husband got T-boned he's fine but looks like we need a new truck!

QOTD:  If the PBJ is going to be consumed later then you need to put peanut butter on both sides and the jam (no jelly) I the middle.  This prevents the jam from drying out.  If your eating it now what does it matter..your obviously starving and have nothing else in the house.

jmctav23:  Bummer 13 miles..oh that hurts...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄