Trailer Trash

Sun Still Sleeping Sunday (Read 35 times)

sugnim

Good morning, Trailers.  It feels like night time.  It's 3:30 am here, so I suppose that technically counts as morning.  The last shuttle for the HM I'm running leaves at 5:15 and the race starts at 6:00.  I'm sleepy.  Of course I didn't sleep well last night & my stomach is giving me hell, but, heck, it wouldn't be race day otherwise.

QOTD:  What's for breakfast?

Cheerios & a banana.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Good morning, sugnim. Why in the world does a HM start at 6 a.m.? That's torture! Hope you'll have a nice race!

About to head out for work, then for a run afterwards.

QOTD: Oatmeal and banana bread.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Run for fun.

An easy 5 mile trail run for the pooch and me.

QOTD: My breakfast was a post run meal and consisted of banana and whey smoothie, home baked bran muffin, and coffee.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning sleepy trailers,

I did 7.5 hilly miles this morning, dew point was right between "it's gonna hurt" and

"dude, don't bother". I finished and toward the end I was thinking about all the runs

last past winter in the snow.

QOTD: Pre-run; crumpet, coffee and peach. Post-run; eggs and toast, and ice water!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sugnim good luck on the half, I was running Jumbo while you were on the bus Smile. Got a nice hill workout in, 7 miles total- Jumbo gains 2000' in two miles, good grind!

qotd: a couple of Belvita biscuits w plain yogurt per-run, post run a big smoothie

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day off today.  Ran 20ish miles yesterday on the Tahoe Rim Trail.  Awesome views.  Rehydrated with beer and a Margarita (not too smart) and spent the rest of the day at the beach.  I was marveling at the Lake surrounded by mountains with some snow still on them  and my friend asked me if that is how the lakes look in Michigan.  That was pretty funny!  Too slushy and tired last night to eat which leads me today's QOTD: I don't know but I am hungry!  I may grill me a hamburger.

From yesterday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

Awesome day Sue!

Got in 8.5 yesterday and 4.25 today, feeling a bit sluggish but I am off to weed in the yard and run errands. Must be a Sunday. Have a good day all.

QOTD: Plums and some coffee

muppy

Try for 5 tonight on the rail trail.

Sugnim, good luck on your half!

Queen, beautiful pics!

QOTD Same breakfast for me as every day, a peanut butter fiber bar and a banana on way to work.

Snowdenrun

Morning! The sun is actually out here, its been a while.

Yesterday turned into a rest day. Not sure how much is in store for today.

QOTD: Coffee. Toast with peanut butter(crunchy) and honey. Coffee.

sugnum- Hope your 1/2 goes well!

Queen- Beautiful!

sugnim

Good morning, sugnim. Why in the world does a HM start at 6 a.m.? That's torture! Hope you'll have a nice race!

During the summer, we have cool mornings & hot afternoons around here.  The start temp today was about 47.  When they close the course this afternoon, it will be in the low 80's, and it will climb into the 90s for a high today.  Unless you're at the very back of the pack, the race temps for the Missoula Marathon & Half are always as close to perfect as you can get in the middle of July.  Plus, they blow off fireworks at the start of the race, and they would be much less spectacular after the sunrise you get to watch coming over the mountains & reflecting off of the river.

Brief RR: I stank.  Ended up walking 3 miles.

Sandy-2

No run today. Helped out a bit with the last stuff for Hardrock.  One person finished in 47:59:44 and another about 3 minutes later.  The cutoff is 48 hrs.  Amazing and agony!!!

qotd: coffee and Fig Newtons.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

During the summer, we have cool mornings & hot afternoons around here.  The start temp today was about 47.  When they close the course this afternoon, it will be in the low 80's, and it will climb into the 90s for a high today.  Unless you're at the very back of the pack, the race temps for the Missoula Marathon & Half are always as close to perfect as you can get in the middle of July.  Plus, they blow off fireworks at the start of the race, and they would be much less spectacular after the sunrise you get to watch coming over the mountains & reflecting off of the river.

Brief RR: I stank.  Ended up walking 3 miles.

But was it a NICE walk?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Didn't get up early to run as I had planned.  Instead DW let me sneak out for a mid afternoon run.  Got in 6.5 miles on mostly covered trails in near 90 degree humid stuff.  It reminded me another reason I run early mornings.

Jon - I too have been dreaming of snow covered trails.

QOTD: Uh...is it bad of me that I don't remember what I had for breakfast?!?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Chnaiur

8 slow miles in GG park.

QOTD: 2 fried eggs on a toast, fresh raspberries with cereal, 2 espresso shots.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

This is funny - We did our last run at elevation before the TRT next Saturday ...we ran up Relay Peak  @11.5 miles .  Thought about doing it yesterday but had too much to do around here , we just missed QoN by a day