Trailer Trash

Mushy Monday (Read 34 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning trail people!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm planning on 7-10 miles after work, probably in the drizzle...beats the heat!

QOTD: What are your June plans/goals/races?

I want to hit a mileage PR for June.  That would require ~170 miles.  I have a local 5k that I plan on doing in 2 weeks...I haven't really done the speed work necessary to improve on last years run, but I'll give it hell.

**Ask me about streaking**

DigDug2

6.5 easy this a.m. in the rain - kind of nice after a hot, humid weekend.  Legs are tired from hills over the weekend so took it easy.

QOTD:  no races in June - I have a 25K in early July, so I'd like to get in 2 or 3 long (for me) runs between now and then and otherwise have a good mileage month.

Morning all,

I'll probably get in 4 miles later on my way to a frisbee game. If the game gets rained out, I'll probably run 6.

QOTD:  I have a trail 1/2 marathon on June 22. I really had to fight myself to not sign up for the full marathon ( I know I could do it ) but I really could  use a break after the past couple of months.  Trying to take it easy for most of June and then start 50 miler training in July.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday.  SRD today.   DW and had nice 8 miler on some old trails yesterday.  Saw some horsey people and stopped to talk for a while.  One of the horses was a bit spooked by my handheld bottle.  I had to keep it behind my back while we talked.  Nice sprinkle at the end of the run cooled us off.

QOTD:  June is usually a down month for me.  Next up is probably the Double Trouble 30k in July.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Low_O2

Happy Monday all!

SRD for me today. Got in 8.4 miles on the trails yesterday. Took it nice and easy. Felt good to just cruise along at an easy pace enjoying the scenery. I usually run my easy runs too fast, so I'm trying really hard to dial it back a bit in hopes of avoiding some of my nagging aches and pains.

QOTD: Next 50k is in July so plan to spend June building up the mileage and getting in as much climbing as possible. Going to be difficult to get in the climbing I want though since our forest and trails are getting shut down next Monday due to the extreme fire danger. Angry Looks like I will be doing hill repeats and weekend drives to farther away trails.

SRD for the pooch and me.

QOTD: Nothing much.  My primary goal is to just to continue having fun.  I am trying to lose a bit of weight, but don't really have a numerical goal for that, at least not yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Good Morning:

Got 9 miles in this morning. Half road half trail and a beautiful 54 degrees and no deer flies.

BTW I tried the blue cup with tanglefoot sticky stuff on it (hot glue gunned it to an old hat) and caught about 20 deer flies Saturday morning. I saw an article from 2010. I can only out run them for about 10 miles...if I hit a long hill then I get crushed and all welted up. I plan on trying it out some more this week. It is pretty funny. Kids want to try it.

http://www.runblogger.com/2010/08/dealing-with-deer-flies-on-run-bit-of.html

QOTD:  I will be increasing base mileage and getting ready for the Baker 50 in August. I will be working midnight shift and weekends for the next 3 months, limiting my ability to race. Of course, I could always come up with a sudden case of runitis and have to call off.

Occasional Runner

I took a walk down to the beach after sleeping until about 9:00 AM. I'm sure I'll be heading back home before I can get adjusted to the time difference here.

QOTD: I just finished an ultra for June and have a 40 mile night race, a 100 miler and a pretty taxing 5k coming up. I should hit 350 miles or so for the month.

Chnaiur

Planning 10 hilly miles this pm. Weather is super nice, so I really look forward to it.

QOTD: Goal is to keep building base: so 110 miles without injury, including at least one ~15-miler every week. My only race this year is a 50k in August, and I'll only do that if I feel super solid. Challenge for June is that I'm going to Sweden alone with two small kids for four weeks. I'll have childcare coverage, but it could still very well interfere with training.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening

qotd: race this weekend- a tall trail 1/2 and my first 50k event on the 22nd- pretty busy month on tap- note: not as busy as Kelly's Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

Resting today.

QOTD -  Building miles and a pancake flat road marathon at the end of June that I am treating more as a supported long run than a race.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

dpc3

12 mile bike ride into work.

QOTD: Get more cross-training in and fix some imbalances I have.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Checking in late, had to work this morning. Perhaps a run in the evening, some relaxing trail miles, but not sure.

QOTD: Amping the miles up to above 200 again for the month, hopefully above 220. Only "race" is the last Tussey Teaser (Eager Seeger HM), just a FA race.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Between being in the air, crossing the date line and sleeping when I got here (Tokyo), Monday disappeared. I guess I'll file it under SRD.

It is Tuesday here now thorough. This morning I ran from the hotel, did 2 obligatory loops around the Imperial Palace then back, for 7 miles total.

Have a good one everybody.

qotd: after my trip to Japan this week, I have a week home, then another 2 week trip through Europe and Asia. My goals for this month are; not to over-eat, drink too much beer and keep pouring on the miles while traveling.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5 this am.  Already warm.  Parents were here last week which slowed the running to a crawl.  I could have got up while they slept but we would drink too much wine the night before so was in the mood to jump up and run.

QOTD:  My Dad took a video of me from behind diving into the lake.  I need to lose some weight Blush and get in overall shape.  No races planned for June but maybe two 23 ish mile runs in Lake Tahoe to work on completeing our run ont the Tahoe Rim Trail.  Thinking of joining a gym.

Going to sign up for this with some past RW folks.

http://www.coastaltrailruns.com/cr_coyote_ridge.html but that's October.

June

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄