Trailer Trash

I enjoyed a road run today (Read 36 times)

XtremeTaper

Blasphemy I know.

Just a measly 7 miles out in the country across the highway. Sometimes I look forward to the red light before crossing. Does that make me a slacker? Nice hills over there. A road named "Winding Road" does exactly that while following a scenic flowing stream on it's journey towards a bigger river. A few cows. A few rural farms. A section of rutted dirt road that reminds me of my roots now. Views of the upper or is it the lower  Perk valley? I get my Perks mixed up. You can see to Spring Mount 15 miles away on a clear day. Likely 600-800 feet of gain but I didn't have the dork-o-meter. I think it's what it's told me in the past. It's not a route for a 10k PR. One uphill is long and runnable and great for a bit of uphill fartlek, or just plodding up depending on your mood. The dog at the farmhouse at the bottom usually barks at me but he was quiet today. Might have been a new one.

The Winding Road loop I call it. I've been doing it since the 90's but haven't visited it in at least 6 months. Hello again my old friend.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

Nice.

I run roads all the time and enjoy the variety. I even do a few road races on occasion and they haven't kicked me out yet, so you're probably safe.

XtremeTaper

I have some decent road loops around here. I tend to give them names. This and the Dump Loop are my favorites. No, it's not because I've crapped along the road, but the endpoint of the loop goes by an old retired landfill. I'd like to break in there someday and run the road to the top of dump mountain.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

cowboyjunkie

i like that XT Smile

i have one i call the hilly billy goat run.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Reported.  Big grin

Running is dumb.