Trailer Trash

Fighting Spirit Friday! (Read 26 times)

bagge_pants

..even though it's my Tuesday. Good morning and may your miles be spritely.

I have mo runs planned today. Tomorrow should be moderately long.

Qotd: pass

Keep Going

It's a snowing Friday for me! Yay Friday!

Tomorrow I have a group run on Mt Tammany over along The Delaware River on the Jersey side. Hill repeat loops! So fun. It's a 3.5 mile loop with 1,200 ft of gain and all rocks! Moderately long run as well like Bagge Pants!

QOTD: What is your longest training run you have done for any upcoming race? Races as training runs don't count. I'm talking about unsupported just you alone or you and a friend or two.

100 milers are my favorite

LB2

I think I will lift weights tonight and run 20 tomorrow.

QOTD: 45 miles.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Got too busy for a run yesterday and not sure if that's a sign of doing too much or not being motivated enough.  Moderately long run tomorrow planned on some wet trails since the snow melt is well underway.

QOTD:  I did 30 miles once as a training run, but usually stop at 22-24 miles.  22 miles was a distance that was thrown around in some marathon training plans, and I like to use that as my longest run.  The difference is that I'll do back to back long runs now and never did that in my marathon days. The 30 mile distance was covered as a 6 hour run for time on my feet and I came back to my car once to resupply.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Morning, all - snowy morning here in CT.  I raced an indoor 5000 last night (yes, I realize I may have to hand in my trail running card) at the Armory in NYC.  A lot of fun - the Armory is a mecca of indoor track and the atmosphere is awesome, lots of buzz and energy, with high school and college kids using it for training while old farts like me are trying to reclaim their youth racing around a small oval.  Very happy with a big 5k PR - 17:20 - got locked in to a consistent, slightly aggressive pace, felt the burn in the last mile but kept it together and passed a couple of guys with a good kick on the last lap.  Will probably do an indoor mile in March and see how it goes.

QOTD:  probably about 3.5 hours on the trails, training for a 50K and R2R2R.  I don't plan on doing anything like that anytime soon - I'm comfortable with my current max of about 2 hours.

XtremeTaper

Sort of time pressed today, wrapping things up for work, packing for the trip to FL. That said, I believe a short run at lunchtime will do me some good, so I'll shoot for 5-6 miles. I might take the Lady up the hill and down the dirt road to that little local trail. Should be a slushy wet mess over there. Sunday, I will be running hard packed sand trails in FL under the pines and slippery pine needles.

QOTD: 30 miles. Blue Marsh Lake Loopie is 30 miles if you run the whole thing so it's convenient. I don't go longer than that in training, but will shoot for a few 40-50 mile weekends.

DigDug - Nice speedy 5k! Best I could ever do was lower 19's. It's a tough distance... man that last mile hurts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

Digdug that's speedy! Waiting for a little warmup and I'll get out there. qotd 16 miles. I have had some 5-6 hour runs when I got lost in the woods.
                Daydreamer1

Have some errands to run that are going to take too much of my time so it looks like the mountain run will have to wait until tomorrow and today will be another shorter road run. Probably do some hill repeats on the one steep hill I have. Max of 14-15% grade. Should get the legs screaming.

DD - Nice time. I really should so some track workouts. My leg turnover is really getting bad.

Xtreme - Enjoy the trip to FL.  Send some warm weather up this way please.

QOTD: 24 miles.  That's about the furthest I can go with the food and water I can carry.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening; we have a high wind watch in effect through tomorrow night- 40 mph sustained winds w/ gusts to 70 mph 

qotd: not sure these qualify as training runs, but unsupported and definitely not races- 35- 40-ish miles R2R2R and Joshua Tree traverse

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Very happy with a big 5k PR - 17:20 - got locked in to a consistent, slightly aggressive pace, felt the burn in the last mile but kept it together and passed a couple of guys with a good kick on the last lap.  

Nice job, that's a speedy PR!  Were you the only one running with a hydration pack? 

How did that place you in your AG?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Woke up this morning and felt as if I had been run over by a truck. Right through the middle of my body.

Still had to get the kids ready for school, as DH needed his beauty sleep. 

Now after a few more hours of dozing on the couch, I feel a bit better and will try for a short run, but I am not sure if my belly will hold up.  Taking a big roll of TP along, just in case...

DD2: Wow, that's speedy. What was chasing you?

QOTD: 35 miles on the Tussey Mountainback course to test things out for the 50M, and 8.5 hours on trails (around 27 miles), in preparation for my first 100-miler. I found that 22-30 miles are good distances for training runs, and that the terrain that I'm training on is much more important than the distance or duration. Overall mileage is also very important, and long runs are often overrated. But that's just for me, not for everybody, I guess.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  TGIF!  I'm ready for the weekend, this week has been a long one at work.

I ran 6 miles last night; nothing on tap for today except a doggie walk.

Congrats on the new 5K PR, DigDug!  That's smoking fast!!!

QOTD: Around 30 miles.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

Holy crap Digdug! A  17:20 5k is fast - congrats

I made it for 6 this morning with a few short strides thrown in just to see if I knew how. Don't tell my friends but I'm going to run a 8k tomorrow. I'll probably see how fast I can run it but it's really more of a excuse to drink beer and eat pizza in the morning.

QOTD: my longest training run was 35 miles. I don't usually go that far at one time anymore I would rather do back to back runs in the 20 mile range each day. Back to backs seem to work better for me.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 this morning...couldn't get out of bed but thought about TT and how his runs consisted mostly 3 and 4 miles yet he ended up running more in the month then me.  So popped up and got it done.  Suppose to warm up here...should do yard work Sat as next two weekends I have company but may just go jeepin cause suppose to hit 60s.  Run with the group..probably just 14 my long run has shorten a bit.  Superbowl party after.

QOTD:  28, their was a beer store at the end of the run.

Wow LB I could never run 45 by myself with nothing to look forward too, like an aid station.  Impressive.  By the way it's Friday..you need to lift a whiskey tonight not weights!

Digdug:  Actually sounds  fun and nice time..you hurting today?

Xtreme:  enjoy your shirtless days in Florida.

mtwarden:  Another  misguided trailer trasher...lifting weights on Friday evening when you should be also be seeping a whiskey and enjoying the storm outside.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running the last 2 days.  Just plain busy.  Hopefully some good miles this weekend.  I would like to hit the trails for the first time in a while.  I think we had enough melting that they will be accessible and runnable (or at least slogable).  Mileage to be determined.

warden - just hold on!

keystone - enjoy the hill run, enjoy the hill run, enjoy the hill run....

DD - nice time! as mentioned, what were you chasing?!?

QOTD: I think my longest mileage run was mid 20's - maybe in the 25-27 range.  Anything beyond that just seems useless to me for training purposes.  Usually those runs were a variation of terrain - lots of climbing, downhill, rocky terrain, creeks etc. to keep me from getting too bored.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday