Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 37 times)

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run. The concession to Marley's recovery was that, despite being off leash, she wasn't allowed to chase stuff. She listened and complied with that rule very well. Good dog.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

15.7 bike miles to work, 15.7 miles home later today.  This bike commuting thing is making me tired.  I slept like a baby last night.

Running is dumb.

muppy

4.5 last night, and try for 5 after work

Trail Tromper, good to hear pooch is getting better!

QOTD When I was younger in the mid to late 80's I did a lot of rock climbing, mostly local stuff up to 5.8. I was about 80 pounds lighter then and could even do a few fingertip pull ups.

AT-runner

Tim

Just finished 12 miles on some newly discovered trails.  8 miles was pure bliss, but ended up connecting with a trail over an old water pipeline, and that trail was a mess.  Since the pipe section was at one time made by cut and cover, all the rocks were loose and 2 of the climbs were on all fours.  I was happy when I was able to run again.  I don't mind climbing, but wasn't expecting it today.

TT - Yea, for Marley!

QOTD:  Any rock climbers out there?

I've climbed a few times, but would like to learn more.  I took a course years ago and we learned some basic skills and then once for an adventure race I had to get certified to repel.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's another rainy day here in Western MT.  I'm thinking a nice, slow 8 miles sounds good this evening.  I'm supposed to be training on roads due to the upcoming half marathon that I foolishly signed up for, but the hills are so much fun in the rain.  They make me feel like Laura Engles Wilder.  In wet tech clothes.

QOTD:  Nope.

Hm, slow day around here....

No running for me tonight, I have a  frisbee game later. My legs have been really sore for the past several days, and can only attribute it to playing 2 frisbee games a week. It is certainly not from running, as I've only hit a 20+ mile week once in the past month. I'm enjoying the downtime but not enjoying being sore recently.

QOTD: Nope, but I have wanted to go to a rock climbing gym here in Philly for awhile. I was good at it in middle school...

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today (and tomorrow), tapering for my first 50k this weekend

qotd: no technical rock climbing, but I do a fair amount of scrambling when I visit the high country- class 2/3 stuff

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

6.1 miles on the river trail with the dog and pushing DS in the stroller again last night. Probably more of the same, tonight. Looking forward to DW coming home tonight so I can get back on some real trails again(among other reasons of course..Wink).

TT- good to hear the pooch is feeling better!

Mandy - Nice bike miles, you're going to turn into a hardcore biker if you keep this up.

QOTD: I've done indoor climbing a few times. Would like to do some real rock climbing outside but don't really have the time(or money...) for another outdoor hobby right now.

Snowdenrun

Just under 11 easy miles on the trails yesterday. Not sure today. Slept in til 10:45 and it was wonderful Smile.

QOTD: I used to do some indoor rock climbing. In 2011 I actually tore my ACL and meniscus bouldering around the gym. I would love to get into it again, but there isn't much rock climbing in my area.

Chnaiur

3 miles on soft forest roads.

QOTD: Between 2002 and 2007 I was really into rock climbing, and was close to breaking into 5.12. I moved to the Bay Area in 2006, believing that it would be paradise for the sport. Little did I know that you need to go to the Sierras four hours away for the good climbing. I also started getting scared when my wife was pregnant with our first child. All that led to me shelving climbing. Nowadays, I boulder with my kids from time to time, but that's about it.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Sandy-2

5 miles before work today.  Pretty good pace along the south side of the Thames.

I'm on a sort of world tour introducing new ship construction regulations.  2 presentations down and 3 more to go, however the ones left to do are going to be the toughest crowds.  For some reason people don't seem like new regulations - I can't imagine why.....   Shocked .  <--- that's sarcastic.

qotd:  not afraid of heights, but rock climbing would make me nervious.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

URD for me. Work bites lately. I've averaged 13+ billable hours each day for the last 20 days (including weekends).

It's definitely lengthening my taper period before Black Hills.

QOTD: I've dabbled in rock climbing on and off for a number of years. I'm lucky enough to have a few rock climbing "rock stars" and a Yosemite pioneer living on my street (I even consider a few of them friends). I keep threatening to buy climbing gear, but it hasn't worked out yet.

Brian Runner

Forgive me trail gods. It has been three days since my last trail run. But I promise to run tomorrow… and the day after that.

But seriously, needed a few days off. 10 of my last 18 runs look like this: 21, 20, 11, 10, 10, 11, 15, 16, 26, 10. The running load had been a bit on the heavy side for me, but the issue is more one of discipline than running related fatigue.  I’d been slacking on the discipline for the last month and a half. Eating less healthy (probably for need of calories), sleeping less, and increasingly living on caffeine.  Its time to right the ship Brian.