Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 30 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

TGIF!  Might strength train this evening, might not 

have an epic run planned for tomorrow, 25 miles in the Spanish Peaks, most of it at or above 10,000', multiple alpine lakes- should be a dandy

qotd:  weekend plans?  see above

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

a shade under 5 last night in the hood.  Not sure I will get in anything today, schedule may not permit.  We'll see.

Warden - really? another epic journey? You're making us all really envious.  Hope you have a grand time! Oh and let me know if you do end up getting the BD z-poles sometime.  I have been eyeing them for a couple years.  Curious as to what you think.

QOTD: Weekend plans? Ummm....maybe some pool time with the kids, a 50th b-day party for my sister, and maybe some much needed work around the house.  I plan on getting in a couple of intermediate runs...I hope.  That sounds really boring even without the comparison to Warden's plans.

GL to any racers, pacers, whatever.  Gator doing 100k, DD at Call of the Wilds....anyone I missed?

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

8 miles on Echo Mt.

QOTD  Running Art Lobe trail or Looking Glass mt. or both.  Art Lobe considered hardest trail in NC.

Looking Glass  6.4 mile up and back  1600' climb in three miles.  Two miles of this trail groomed one mile holy crap.

XtremeTaper

I will get the Lady out for 7-8 miles this evening. Maybe Green Lane or Coventry Woods. Haven't decided.

Last night I ran about 7 miles over at Warwick Park that included a 5k trail race and warmup/cooldown miles. The 5k race was pretty fun. Not a very hard course but they did use the big hill (I guess about 300 feet) and that climb started just after the end of the first mile but once you get up there it's a real fun ride back down. The course finished with about 3/4 mile of cross country meadow running but the meadow was very flat. I ran about 23:30, 6th or 7th overall, 1st AG. Very small field so finished about where I should I suppose. I pushed pretty hard but the last 1.5 miles felt like a time trial as no one was around me and I could not chase down the one runner ahead that I could see that had gapped me. It felt good to run fast as it helped blow off some stress from yesterday.

QOTD: 3 hour trail run at French Creek tomorrow, then maybe some pool/relax time, watch some of the PGA via DVR in the evening. Sunday we may head down to NJ to visit my sister who is visiting my nephew and his wife.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

An afternoon full with kids fun ahead of me. Oh, wait, and chores. I knew there was a catch...

hoping for for a run later, weather is just gorgeous.

QOTD: Work, run, kids. Maybe decide to run the Tussey 50 instead of running after people to set up a relay team.  Which would prove that ultra runners are not very social, I guess.

Run for fun.

LB2

I have 5 to 6 hours planned for tonight. So, I slept late this morning to rest up. I didn't get up until 5AM.

QOTD: A little yard work, a short run or two over the weekend.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - Oh and let me know if you do end up getting the BD z-poles sometime.  I have been eyeing them for a couple years.  Curious as to what you think.

Jamie- I have them, the carbon first gen ones- very light @ 9 oz/pair!  The are very durable, use them even snowshoeing (just change baskets). It's easy to rig up a way to carry them w/ just a little shock cord and some cord locks. Quick to deploy (much like modern tent poles) and and fold up.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just got back from a short jaunt on the rail trail showing DW where the last aid station is that she can meet me at. Now we'll do a short hike on the last part of the course. Supposed to be a rattler den up that way. See if I can find it and gross out DW .

Warden - Have fun on your run.

Jamie - I'll be running tomorrow with a pair of BD poles. Mine are the adjustable ones with the flip locks. They've done real well for me over the past years.

QOTD: Marathon tomorrow,  work a 24 hour shift on Sunday.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Flying to Michigan....will drink beer and eat fish when I get there... No run no workout.

QOTD:  see above...family reunion (drinking) hope to a run in somewhere.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing today.  Not sure what weekend had in store mileage wise.  I hope to do some exploring in an area that I haven'e run in about 2 years.  I might need to wear calf sleeves since this area will likely be overgrown a bit and I could do without a bout of poison ivy.

Good luck racers - Gator, Dd1, keystone, etc.

Jamie - I have the z-poles.  I really like them. I was able to deploy them and stow them very easily during my GC run.  They come in different fixed lengths, so with you height, make sure you get the right size.

QOTD:  Finishing up the interior trim on my 3 season room.  I need to make some casement moldings to match what's in the rest of my old house.  Nothing "in stock" matches a 112 year old house, so my table saw and router will get some usage.  Dinner tonight to celebrate DW's new job. She's the new Director of Wellness at an area senior living home. Nice salary and great benefits, so she's pretty happy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  Finishing up the interior trim on my 3 season room.  I need to make some casement moldings to match what's in the rest of my old house.  Nothing "in stock" matches a 112 year old house, so my table saw and router will get some usage.  Dinner tonight to celebrate DW's new job. She's the new Director of Wellness at an area senior living home. Nice salary and great benefits, so she's pretty happy.

Congrats to the Mrs.! So she won't be teaching the classes anymore?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Congrats to the Mrs.! So she won't be teaching the classes anymore?

Teaching is still part of her job.  She'll also be managing seniors who are transitioning from PT/rehab to exercise on their own. Basically designing and overseeing exercise programs for senior living. This is a new trend in nursing homes right now, as in "keep 'em moving".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

AT  if you need any wood we have a sawmill. The only problem is the less than tl frt.

Sandy-2

Another 17 mi this morning (Sat.).  The weather was a bit better than yesterday, plus I went by the dunking pool twice (yes I went in both times).  Actually a pretty good run.

qotd: we went out to dinner and a movie (MI, it was the only thing showing).  This afternoon we are going to the beach and thnn meeting some new friends for dinner.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL