Trailer Trash

Fly daily on Friday (Read 36 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Chores this morning before work, planning on a run after work.

I am so eager to run again, after yesterday's wonderful run on somewhat gentle trails.

Which leads to the

QOTD: What is most difficult for you on trails, steep uphills/downhills, footing, distance,...?

Me: Footing. I can run many uphills, even long and steep ones, but if the footing gets really bad, with lots of loose, sharp, softball-size or larger rocks, I'll walk just as fast.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Morning all.  I slept in this morning, planning 23 after work.

QOTD:  I guess the most painful for me would be long, steep uphills.  The most difficult, at least relative to others I run with, are technical downhills.  I've been trying to work on downhill running but I still suck at it.

Have a great day...

Occasional Runner

Heading out now with Jo for 11 or 12 miles of trail running right here at the house. It's nice and cool in the Wasatch this morning.

QOTD: LONG, STEEP, sustained uphills. By long, I'm talking about 2 miles or more with 1000' + per mile of gain. Those climbs are frustrating because they require a ton of patience.

runtraildc

Morning!

My plan is to get an easy 4-5 miles in while DS is in the pool tonight.  I think I have time and daylight to get to a nearby (real) trail by the creek.  I haven't run this section since spring, so I'm looking forward to it.

Couch- have fun with the chores.

qotd:  steep uphills.  I need to improve my speed hiking.

have a great weekend, all.  And good luck to all the racers out there!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  Ran a second run yesterday with the Gettysburg Beer Runners.  Stopped in a local place for sampling of some micro brews.  I think most people in the group feel 3 miles is too long to run before they get their beer.

QOTD:  I'm a big guy, so steep uphills, and gravity, get me.  I train on technical trails, so I love them and I can really move downhill (once again gravity).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

SRD for me today.  Ran a second run yesterday with the Gettysburg Beer Runners.  Stopped in a local place for sampling of some micro brews.  I think most people in the group feel 3 miles is too long to run before they get their beer.

I really need to connect with this group. Smile

Finishing up the coffee then heading out to do some halves. I will try to run fast but the simple reality is..... well you know.

Heading north at some point today. I'm hoping the boss calls and says I'm not needed today which sometimes happens on Friday. I hold out hope.

QOTD- I suppose these days the long steep climbs.  I think that is just something that happens with age, oh, and a few extra pounds.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

XtremeTaper

Five miles last night on the easier reservoir trails with the gsp. Felt pretty good at first, then slowed down towards the end with a mild issue in my right hip. Probably started off too fast, and I need to get back to my stretching routine. I'll call it a success though.

QOTD: Well, long steep climbs with or without rocks I can stagger/walk up if I so choose so scratch those. I find the steep rocky descents the hardest now. I used to be fearless on those, nowadays, not so much. Feel I should be able to bomb those faster than I do.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: LONG, STEEP, sustained uphills. By long, I'm talking about 2 miles or more with 1000' + per mile of gain. Those climbs are frustrating because they require a ton of patience.

Ok. In a 100 mile race, like the Bear, where you will have some sections with very long sustained uphills, how much will try to run that uphill? On that particular course, when you cross the highway and head up to Tony Grove, you can really see how that trail just goes up, up, and up. I asked a friend who taught me a couple of things up that way how he handled sections like that, and he said, "I'd walk that whole thing when I was going up, but I can walk pretty fast..." And he can; believe me; he can. Anyway, I was just wondering. You don't have to concern yourself with anything like that at Cajun Coyote.

I may get some running in today, but I have a busy day with last minute stuff to close on this house today and this weekend. I got a good run in yesterday, though. We'll see how it goes.

QOTD: I think the thing that gets me messed up the most is sharp ups and downs with sharp turns. If it is warm, a course like that will eat me alive if I lose sight of taking care of my core temperature. I do pretty well on long climbs, not that I have many long climbs down here, but when I have been in mountainous regions, going up was always easier than coming down for me.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Friday everyone!  I will most likey be getting in a 2 hour night trail run tonight.  I am hoping for no clouds since the moon has turned up a few lumens.

QOTD: For me it's the wnding, slow, technical, multiple creek crossing, trees down, trek up through a run (i.e. Johnson run or Ritchie run @ Hyner).  Not too runnable - just ends up being a hike.  Beautiful but frustrating to sustain any form of running so I usually don't.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

Morning folks! 3.5 mile of hill repeats.

QOTD: I don't like to think of any trail running as difficult. Some parts are just a little less fun.

Long downhills hurt the most physically. Long uphills hurts the most mentally. So those two parts are usually less fun.

moonlightrunner

taking the day off today except for stairs at work multiple times. The Pointer and I ran twice yesterday....she is tired and needs a day off... and I don't like to run after dark without her. She was kind of struggling to keep up at the end of the run. I don't think it is easy for her to do straight running with me while leashed.

qotd: I suck at downhill... but long up hills kick my ass physically and mentally.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.  I think we are supposed to get some thunderstorms rolling through so I guess it's good I dont have to mess with that.  They say about 3 to 5 inches of rain as well, but that I wouldn't mind running in.

qotd: I suck at the long, technical, rocky, down hill stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

sugnim

Good morning all.  No running for me today.  I'm still on the fence about doing the Sweathouse Half Marathon tomorrow morning.  I'm acting today as if I'm racing tomorrow, but I won't decide until tomorrow morning if I want to sign up.

QOTD:  Distance, definitely.  I'm not really able to eat very well while I'm running, and I always end up extremely nauseous no matter what I've tried.  So I tend not to eat which makes me unable able to do anything over 14 without feeling terrible for the rest of the day afterward.

Occasional Runner

Ok. In a 100 mile race, like the Bear, where you will have some sections with very long sustained uphills, how much will try to run that uphill? On that particular course, when you cross the highway and head up to Tony Grove, you can really see how that trail just goes up, up, and up. I asked a friend who taught me a couple of things up that way how he handled sections like that, and he said, "I'd walk that whole thing when I was going up, but I can walk pretty fast..." And he can; believe me; he can. Anyway, I was just wondering. You don't have to concern yourself with anything like that at Cajun Coyote.

I'll tackle those climbs like I handle Hope Pass. I'll move up them as quickly as possible, but it'll be a fast walk. I have  really solid walking pace and I only run steep hills when I can see the top.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planned rest day but may go run after work just because rain is due tomorrow.

QOTD: Running questions are so hard!  I guess I don't take running too serious.  I have none.  If I am running down a rocky downhill, I slow down, if the steep is to steep I fast walk it, if the hill climb is too long I take a walk break.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄