Trailer Trash

Super Swell Sunny Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya gang! I'm currently up North in my great state of Wisconsin and am spending my day volunteering my expertise at an aid station at the Chippewa Moraine 50K. For you old timers, I'm hanging out with mnkiwi, although she's actually running the race.

Have a great day!

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Good morning!

I just got back from a hill run in the neighborhood. Heading out to work an aid station at a 30k race out by Snow Basin. I'll be at the 6 and 12 mile mark, so I'll probably run to the finish after my work is done so I can get some more miles in. That should put me over 300 for the month.

Mandy- Have fun out there.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

One more glorious morning, but my run will have to wait until the afternoon. Kids' swim lessons are the event of the day!

I had a fun afternoon yesterday, DS's school had a performance, and best part was the food afterwards. It's an international school, so there were all kinds of really authentic dishes, sides and desserts - I just love those school events!

Glad to work off some calories later today...

Mandy, Kelly: Have fun volunteering! Good luck to mnkiwi!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Nice work Mandy and have fun there. I think that course is one of the prettiest around.  For a nice photo shoot when you head home go over to Augusta on hwy. 27 and a couple miles north of town turn west on hwy. V. There is a beautiful old mill. Well worth a side trip.

Off to do some tempo this morning and then some mtn. biking later. Awesome weather here.

Edit--QOTD:  Always start with a glass of Tropicana and then usually about 3 cups of dark coffee. Strong and hot!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers- headed out to the hills shortly for 15 miles, I'm a wee nervous as my quads feel a bit trashed from my exploration run on Thursday- my quads usually aren't a issue (calves on the other hand......)  weather should be perfect this morning mid 40's (climbing to 80 this afternoon Shocked so need to get out early)

qotd: morning beverage of choice?  I always have a small glass of juice, but it's a latte that I crave Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Harrier: That mill sounds great!

warden: Have a good run!

QOTD: Green tea, then a fake coffee with chai flavor later in the morning.

Run for fun.

The pooch and I had a really nice 10 mile trail run.  It was a beautiful cool sunny morning.

QOTD: Usually coffee first then water.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I got it 6 mediocre miles. was shooting for 12, but I've been having some knee discomfort lately, that decided to turn to pain this morning.

I figure, why push it when my body is telling me to back off.

Good luck to racers and volunteers this weekend!

QOTD: I generally stick to water, but my preference would be whole chocolate milk.

dpc3

Morning folks hope you all have a good day do the various things on your slate. I'm waiting for my wife to get back from her run to test out the ol ankle to see how badly I twisted it yesterday. On my return my foot decided to come out from under me and I fell awkwardly but was able to run 8 miles back to my house with little pain. I'm thinking I'll be fine its just a little sore. I had 10-15 on the books but might back off we shall see.

Heading up to South Sandia Peak

Sandy-2

Hi everyone.

Started out doing a nice easy social run with my informal group this morning. Lots of fun talk and BS'ing.  After about 7 miles or so they decided to take a break and I kept going, so I started hammering the pace to the end.  Felt great to blow out the pipes.  Finished up with 15.  Weather is starting to get that muggy "summer in TX" feel, I guess it was in the low 70's at the 5:45am start.

MM: have fun at the AS and tell mnkiwi we all say "hi".

lace: Also have fun at the AS.  Nice monthly miles.

FTYC: the food sounds great, and burning it off later sounds even better.

NH:  Enjoy the weather for me...  nice run/bike too.

mtw:  I have to admit my quads are a bit trashed from last weekend, agree it's kinda strange, it's usually my calves as well.

TT: nice run with the dog.

Birdwell: Bummer, but like you said, y gotta listen to what your body is telling you.

dpc3: sorry to hear about the ankle.  But nice photo, where is it?

qotd: Decaf coffee and lots of it.  (I can drink more if it's decaf.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

Sandy the picture is heading up to the South Sandia Peak here in Albuquerque.

muppy

Was up bright and early and got in 6 miles, the moon was so bright and beautiful, I just turned off my headlight and ran by moonlight.

Dpc3 beautiful pic!

QOTD Coffee for me in morning.

moonlightrunner

Late last night I went out for a four miler.  It was quite late, and I finished around 10.  Once again, my headlamp was insufficient...I need to try and find my hand held.  Then I was up a 630 to get today's run in.  My quads were a little sore..not a great run today but I got it done.

Kudos to all you volunteering at the races!  I had hoped to volunteer at a race this weekend, but I have to babysit my grand baby tomorrow...so it will have to be another day. I love volunteering at races.  Good people, good times.

It seems like we have turned the corner on weather here, and spring has arrived.  It is in the 60's...I think we will get to the 70's tomorrow. AND...the days are stretching out so I can run after work! That will give me a chance to start increasing mileage.  I just can't make myself get up at 0400 on the days I work to get my run in.

qotd: Sometimes a protein drink, but usually water.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Snowdenrun

Morning Trailer Friends

Yesterday's rain was pretty terrible the dog didn't even want to stay out for a walk. I ended up inside on the gym treadmill. I never enjoy that... Made it through 4.3 miles before I gave in to the boredom and the pain. Well, pain isn't the right word, but treadmills do not treat my body well. I probably just don't use them enough to be used to them but they hurt. Today there is fresh snow on the higher trees and while the sun isn't out, it's not raining. I'll be on the trails again after my coffee.

QOTD: Two cups of coffee made in the french press. Waiting for it now.. Smile

Low_O2

Good afternoon all!

5.3 mile walk along the river trail with the dog and DS this morning. I'll probably jump on the road bike tomorrow.

Not feeling like much of a runner the last couple weeks. Calf is still bothering me since after my race on the 13th and I'm trying to be patient with it. Had a decent test run on Tuesday, but the pain was back the next day. So, I think it needs a bit more time. Angry Really struggling with this since I am fired up to get in some hard training for my next race, and the weather has been Beautiful!

Glad everyone seems to be getting in some good runs!

Dpc - You are torturing me with that picture! I want to get up to the high country so bad! Cry Hope your ankle is OK. How was the trail, any snow/ice left on the north facing slopes or is it all clear?

QOTD: Coffee! Besides coffee, I love me some Tomato juice!