Trailer Trash

the day after Wednesdaily, the day before the Fridaily (Read 37 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

seeing Thursdaily was already taken Big grin  will get in 5-6 miles this evening, ran w/ a local running group yesterday evening and had a great run in a downpour (w/ a few nefarious lightning strikesShocked)

qotd:  when you run- watch, gps watch, other, nothing?  I wear a plain jane watch, occasionally I forget it and I survive Smile  I think it would be definitely handy to have a nice gps watch at times

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

6 miles this morning, at 4:15 it was 80* and a dew point of 72, sad to say, but it was the best weather I ran in two weeks.

QOTD I have a simple garmin 110. Had a family intervention at thanksgiving table a few years ago, suggested instead of a bunch of dumb presents, how bout everyone chip in for this little beauty.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning! I am taking an unscheduled rest day.  I really wanted to get up and go to the gym.  Just didn't happen.  I seem to struggle with getting to the gym in the summer time.  You would think that since it has A/C, I would enjoy going more.  Oh well.

mtwarden - downpour runs are cool sans the lightning

run muppy - just hold tight, "cooler" weather is on the way.  Funny to think that I am looking forward to highs only in the 80's next week.

QOTD: I do not have a gps.  Just a plain jane watch but I seem to forget that much of the time.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Good morning! I begrudgingly woke up early and got in 5 miles today. Not easy after going to bed close to midnight. Very humid, but I caught a beautiful shot of the sun rising over the Philly skyline with my phone:

Philly skyline sunrise

QOTD: It depends on my mood and/or weather. I often run with my phone for safety/GPS/photo reasons, but if not, I will run with my Garmin 305. I also love running "naked", with no phone or watch.

runtraildc

morning!

yesterday was a rest day, with a couple of longer walks, despite of the heat.  Getting to yoga at lunch today and have a planned 5 miles tonight, when it cools down slightly.

qotd:  simple garmin 110.  Keeps me honest on the trails, and my left brain digs the the data.

AT-runner

Tim

Like others in PA, I got out early to try to beat the heat.  It didn't work.  82 degrees at start and 88 when I was done with dew pt of 75.  Not a fun run, but It's done.

warden - a rain storm run wold be bliss on the East Coast right now.

Muppy - looks like we are stuck in the same weather.

BJ - The gym is next to my office, and I've been there only a few times this summer.

T&C - are you becoming a morning runner now?

runtraildc - I just checked, and It's never going to cool down. Big grin

QOTD: Usually run with watch on but don't hit start or look at time.  DW bought me a Garmin 910XT and I use it now to map my runs.  I don't look at time or pace much because they are not too accurate in the deep woods, but when I download data, I get some nice maps of where I was.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Rest day today. But I would run if I had time. I have to go to my brother and sister in law's house after work today.

QOTD: I have an Iron Man watch that records splits. I use it a fair amount of the time, but lately, I haven't been recording any runs. I have just been running. I think I will get back on some sort of regimen that is more structured starting in August. But it is fun to just run.

LB2

ceezy

Planning on a run later probably 8-10 depending on how I feel.

Had a solid 10 on Tuesday and struggled through a difficult 5 in the heat yesterday.

Think I will just cruise a flat trail today (that has some shade)...

Stay cool!

QOTD:  I have a Nike GPS watch...I always try to use. Even though I've been running for years the gps has really helped my running by monitoring my distance, pace, and history.

As far as the watch itself- it's not bad, sometimes the battery can be quirky and I have really only had it go nuts on me during a run a couple of times (same area too which is strange).  But...if I was buying a watch today I would go with something with elevation.  When you upload the Nike on the computer it does show your elevation but it doesn't show total gain/loss or anything.  So disappointed with that but it's hard to justify buying another watch just for that right now.  Unless they add elevation reports to it though, I will look elsewhere when I buy my next watch.

I think it may have been lace-up who said something like "I don't need a watch to tell me I had a good run or not"...I agree.

NorthernHarrier

Not much for early running but it's supposed to be 95F today. Technically this is a SRD but I did take Cloe out for 2 miles this morn as part of her getting ready for fall fitness plan. I'll still call it a rest day as who keeps track of 2 mile jogs anyway? Rest day only for running I should say as the bike is in the car and I'm headed out to my home trails in a couple minutes.

QOTD--Just ran with a basic Timex Ironman for years resisting our technology whenever possible but finally gave in and got a basic Garmin 210. Don't think I would know how to run without it now.  Same thing happened with handheld GPS"s years back as I was a map and compass guy but then I got an early version of a Garmin and have upgraded a couple times since then. I'm sometimes slow to come around and then I wonder what took me so long.

Watoni

Maybe a bike ride today. I ran four lovely trail miles in the neighborhood (ironic as that sounds -- we have great equestrian and multi-use trails) yesterday, and felt great. Unfortunately, my quads are still pretty beat up from the weekend 50-miler, so I think I should go low impact (it hurt landing after jumping gates).

QOTD: I normally wear a Garmin. Not so much for the splits, but just to log the miles later on Strava. Also, I have used the Trackback function to get back to the trailhead a few times when I have gotten a bit lost.

Low_O2

Morning all.

Had a nice run up and down the mountain last night with the dog. 9.9 miles with ~2200ft of gain. Legs were pretty dead, but felt great to get up high in the cool mountain air mid week. Tripped on a root and took a pretty good digger, but luckily it was in a spot with very few rocks so no harm done.

TC - I avoid the city as much as possible, but cool pic!

QOTD: I have a garmin 405cx gps watch. I love being able to track my mileage and elevation gain. It makes it easy to make up a route as I go depending on how far I want to go. I get pretty upset if I forget it at home. I'm pretty much addicted....

sugnim

Swam laps after work yesterday, and will likely do the same today.  It's pretty hot here, in the high 90's, and the wildfire smoke is starting to pour into the valley.  That's the only thing I dislike about living in Western MT: the smoky summers.  Once it starts coming in, we all seem to just be waiting for autumn and the cooler weather that douses the fires.  It isn't raining ash yet, but I woke up with that distinct feeling of having tended a campfire all night.  Last summer, the smoke was so thick and ashy that I ended up getting a temporary membership at a gym that has an indoor track.  I'm hoping not to do that this year.  Send us some rain, someone!

QOTD:  I take my iphone with me, mostly just to call home if I'm going to be late.  But it also tracks my distance, elevation, and time.  And I once was able to get a map on it which prevented me from being lost on a snowy mountain where I had lost my way.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

Got up early, had a great 5 mile run then jumped in the ocean to cool off. This week I've gotten

all my runs in before 8am, and before the heat/humidity. I've got my morning routine down, ready
                            to start my new job tomorrow.

QOTD: I usually take my cell and use mapmyrun, other times it's my simple timex. My cell

only lasts about 5 hours w/ that program running so I may need to invest in something

better.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

4 miles and some core/ab work on the plan so I'll get that in after work.

QOTD: I have a Garmin 110 I got for Xmas 1.5 years ago.  I love it and use it fairly religiously.  As others mentioned, it is less about the knowing how far/how fast I am while running and more for analyzing and recordkeeping when I get home.

Nice pic TC.  As a construction guy, I love seeing infrastructure and marvels of engineering.  I think I have some sort of dichotomy thing going on with living/working in the city and escaping to nature.  I love both.

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

photo city_zps60e4ffb6.jpg

This was taken from about 30 miles North West of NYC, near the NY/NJ border in ~Ringwood park (not really sure which park this is considered).  I live about halfway between the city and where this was taken.

**Ask me about streaking**