Trailer Trash

Simple Saturday (Read 31 times)

LB2

I'll get out for 5 to 7 after I drink some coffee and the sun comes up. I would normally be listening for a turkey to gobble this morning, scouting. It is too cold; I'll check a few places later and touch base with a landowner or two. Three weeks and we'll be knocking them down.

QOTD: What is your favorite television show of all time?

Seinfeld.

LB2

Marley and I had another great 3 mile trail run. It was a chilly 7 F at the trailhead. Marley was bat shit crazy to be on the trail again. She has been suffering from cabin fever since we missed a few days.  The snow was pretty and the trails were a mix of unbroken, partially broken, and well broken trail.  It was a toss up between snowshoes and spikes, but I went with gaiters and spikes.

QOTD: Tough call...  Quantum leap, Archer, House of Cards, and Walking Dead come to mind, but I'll go with Breaking Bad.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think i am going to blow off my run...it's uninspiring and down manly for maintence.

qOTD:  Sopranos...not only did I enjoy eatching it but we akways went to my bil house for a family dinner and then watch the show after..it was a nice tradition.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sunshine!!!!! Still giddy about the upcoming weather changes. Sorry if I'm annoying  I'm dog/house sitting this weekend, so I'll probably just do an easy 6-8 miles today. This neighborhood doesn't have as many nice routes as mine.

QOTD: I'm torn between a few, but I would probably pick either Six Feet Under or The Sopranos. The Simpsons also holds a special place in my heart.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

A nice 14 miles this morning.  I did 4 early and then my DD joined me for the last 10.  Love running with my DD.  She is doing b2b half marathons next weekend.  She divides her training time between running and horse riding (she did b2b 25/50 mile rides last weekend.) It'll be fun to see how it goes.

qotd: I guess I'd have to say MASH, which is kinda funny under the circumstances.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Looks like a really nice sunny day here with the Temps approaching 40!!!  Definitely going to head up on the mountain. Hopefully get in 10-12 miles.

QOTD: Seinfeld was certainly a great show, and I love the Simpsons. When I need total stupidity I'll hunt up some South Park episodes. But the one that I never tired of watching, and have the entire set on DVD, is M.A.S.H.  If I ever get out to California I'm going to plan a hike back into the filming site.

moonlightrunner

I am hoping for a run later...I am on grandma duty until 6 this evening. In the mean time...it is a potty training kind of day!  If I can't be out in the "warm" weather running, being with the grand kids makes it more bearable. SO EXCITED TO SRING FORWARD!

QOTD: I...am a Trekkie. Star Trek (The original and Next Gen) are my favorite shows...with the original in 1st place. Still grieving Spock's death. I grew up wanting to be just like him and practiced for hours learning to lift one eyebrow!

Happy Trails and Live Long and Prosper!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got off work early, and enjoying the wonderful weather. Close to 30 degrees soon, and warming up still. I better get out soon before the heat strikes full force!

QOTD: I don't know, I've never been a great fan of TV shows. Nothing really sticking out.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Got in 5 road miles with the running club.  It's a beautiful day here, but the trails are a bit treacherous right now so the roads were the better option.  Too much ice and too many frozen ruts for me.  And the club was sponsored by Saucony, who had candy, granola bars and coffee for us on the return.  They had me at candy.

qotd:  probably 30 Rock.  Tina Fey could stand silently with a bag over her head and still be hilarious.

NorthernHarrier

Up north right now enjoying a slight warmup. Not quite as tropical as Madison but it's a start. 31F right now with a few flurries but it will be getting warmer. Early lunch then heading out on the road for something real long.

Snowshoed around this morning and it just smells like spring. My two fox dens on the property are showing a lot of activity and I think I can almost hear the sap moving in the maples. There is hope, but I'll know for sure when the Wood ducks come zipping thru the trees.

QOTD--Seinfeld is a timeless classic, no doubt. If you are a fan you can buy the entire 33 dvd set for under $50 on Amazon today. As far as my favorite I guess one that comes to mind was the early seasons of Northern Exposure. Thought that was pretty original and clever before it got stale. I'm betting I'll think of a couple more later.

AT-runner

Tim

DW was sick yesterday, so we didn't make out concert.  That meant running buddy and I could go long today instead of getting messed up with time change tomorrow.  We did 28.78 miles per his Garmin.  Some roads and some snow covered roads with lots of snow machines going by (and a few who never even tried to slow down for us).  A 5 mile section in the middle was like running in sand with the snow all chopped up.  Found some truck tracks we could follow later, and that helped.

QOTD:  Huge Syfy geek here, so Star Trek (original and first few season of The Next Generation).  Recently, we never miss Walking Dead.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

MASH is a close second for me.

Also, ended up with about 10 to 11 miles today. I was inspired.

LB2

some call me Tim

8 today, including an 8k 'shamrock' race through the urban blighted old first ward of Buffalo. Hey, it's a tradition, and kicks off the racing season proper around here.

QOTD: Lots of great choices out there, but I've gotta go with Twin Peaks. Sooo... you can't imagine how excited I am about them bringing the show back after all these years.

Watoni

Resisted the urge to run ... took the property's restless lab for a mile walk on the horse trails, then rode to the coast for the first time this year. Felt great, (well I am not exactly in cycling shape, some of the muscles were less than overjoyed), but we will see how the Achilles reacts.

Would love to be able to rock the cycling during the running lay-off ... when I had my thumb surgery and could not ride for a while I had some of my best running training. The other benefit sin realizing how lucky I have been with my help and spending my energy over the past few days helping my kids and spoiling my bride .... oh, and planning crazy races for the summer/fall Wink

QOTD: Wow, too many shows from MASH to the Simpsons to the Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. plus guilty pleasures like Buffy and Alias. In the last 10 years I have barely watched TV so many shows so those are getting short shrift.