Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 30 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's going to be wet later...very wet.  Look on a weather map and you will see a large system of unsettled weather moving east.  I am "scheduled" to run later but I am going to make a smart decision for once and take today off.  My legs have not been responding well lately and I feel it's a bit of a setback.  I did ride the bike last night and the legs feel slightly better today.  I am not sure what it is about the bike that helps  (maybe just the increased blood flow it provides) but it has been helping.

QOTD: How do you personally deal with adversity?

I would like to think I deal well with it but sometimes I wonder.  I am a very "inside my own head" kind of person which isn't always that healthy.  Running has been a good coping skill for me but over the last 2 years of dealing with chronic injuries has been an adversity in and of itself. I try and keep my mind occupied and on other things.  I certain have enough other things to do so it's not hard.

QOTD (bonus): We're missing a few people - Jamezilla, TnC, and a few others....did they get lost out on the trails??

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will run with local running group this evening, they really force my pace as I chase after them- thinking this has to be good 

qotd: I'm very much a handle it myself type, I realize that is a shortcoming- exercise certainly helps clear the head

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Pouring buckets here right now.  Still hope to get out at lunch.  As long as thunderstorms stay away I'll go out in the rain.

QOTD 1 - I try to attack them head on, but when I need to get away, hobbies help.  Running is a big one, but I also do woodworking and like to renovate old houses.  I like trail running better than road running because you have to focus on the trails and that takes my mind off of my problems.  With road running, my head can still take over and I'll forget I'm running and will be thinking too much about the problems.

QOTD 2 - Weddings.  Got and e-mail from T&C a few weeks ago saying she'll be back and that she's been too busy with wedding prep to run much and/or post.  She was married a few weeks ago.  I think Jamezilla had his wedding 2 weeks ago.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I'll probably run 5 miles tonight after work.

QOTD: I try to learn from others in dealing with adversity. By that, I mean that I can pull from countless examples of situations where people kept pushing through a difficult time in life to come out much better off than when they started. Having a solid set of core values and making decisions based on those values in good times and bad will get you through adversity. Then, reflecting on the adversity once you get through it will make you a stronger person. So, I try to focus on the source of the adversity and work to solve the problem. Sometimes, running is what I do to think through a problem; sometimes, running is what I do to step away from the problem to get some perspective. And sometimes, I just have to sit down and work out the problem on paper.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD 2 - Weddings.  Got and e-mail from T&C a few weeks ago saying she'll be back and that she's been too busy with wedding prep to run much and/or post.  She was married a few weeks ago.  I think Jamezilla had his wedding 2 weeks ago.

So they go and get married and this screws up their trail running or better yet posting about it.  I see how it is.  Just wait til they have kids.....  In all seriousness, hope everything went well and is going well.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I ran 5.3 miles after work yesterday.  Today is a SRD.  Have fun with that rain, East Coasters!  We just got done with it.

QOTD: Depends on the adversity.  I don't have Ebola, so I guess I'm doing okay.

QOTD2: People think they can just leave here and get married now? 

Running is dumb.

The pooch and I had a wet 4 mile trail run.

QOTD: I am inclined to deal quietly and on my own for the most part.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Not raining here, yet, but it's coming.  1-2" forecast for this afternoon so  I'm planning on a gym workout later.

qotd:  perspective, counting my blessings and keeping my head down/quiet.  I'm a Minnesotan, we define 'stoic'.  But also,  I feel very fortunate that my family has it's health and general well being.  And I agree with LB, generally people  come thru adversity and become stronger and better people.  Though I wouldn't wish some adversity on my worst enemies (death, illness and financial ruin).

#2:  Congrats to the newly marrieds! A  But I"m worried about Couch.  When we don't hear from her, something usually is up.  Marie, are you out there?

DigDug2

Another SRD for me - quads and calves still on the mend.

QOTD:  I haven't faced a ton of adversity, relatively speaking, but like some of you I'm very internal in how I deal with problems.  This can be effective and may project a sense of calm and control, but probably tends to exclude others from the process, to my detriment.

charlesmoman

It's raining here, and I had a PT appointment anyway.

I was reevaluated and given some new stretches to add to my daily routine.

I will go one more time in 2 weeks to add some final exercises.

I had fill out forms again and one question asked what was the goal of being there fot therapy - my answer: run a 100-mile race.

I am pretty sure they had never gotten that answer before!  

I will walk a few miles on the TM after my nap!

Taking it easy with my 24-hour race in South Bend, IN this weekend.

I hope to walk my age - 63 miles. Maybe a little jogging thrown in.

I was released by my ortho doc last week.

He was quite pleased and not really surprised by my progress.

I asked him if I should rule out the Indiana Trail 100 in April and he said not to rule out anything, if I was smart about it.

Good times and grateful.

AT-runner

Tim

Taking it easy with my 24-hour race in South Bend, IN this weekend.

I hope to walk my age - 63 miles. Maybe a little jogging thrown in.

... not to rule out anything, if I was smart about it.

Good times and grateful.

Glad the recovery is coming along so well.  What a journey.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending a 24 hour shift at work. I'd much rather be out running in the pouring rain.

QOTD: Internalize it. I find talking about it too soon just complicates the problems. Some times it seems like I'm procrastinating on finding the solution, and that may be the case sometimes, but often I'm just trying to let things settle down so I can get a different perspective on the situation.  Lately I tend to get very frustrated with other people when they either cause or compound the problems.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Checking in...

I ran 4 miles yesterday evening for the first time in a while (2nd run since the triathlon).  It felt good to be out there.  Apparently its now fall.  I have a sore spot on my left foot, which is the same spot that was sore during the triathlon run...not sure what would hang around for that long during a rest...I can feel some inflammation in the ball of my foot so I'm just going to try and work it out with massage and ice.

I'm kind of at a "now what" point in my running...indecision has kept my motivation level way down.  I just got to the point where I want to run regardless of whatever the next challenge is.

QOTD: By making it harder on myself

QOTD:  The wedding date for me is 4/18/2015...so hold your congrats or condolences 

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I was released by my ortho doc last week.

He was quite pleased and not really surprised by my progress.

I asked him if I should rule out the Indiana Trail 100 in April and he said not to rule out anything, if I was smart about it.

Good times and grateful.

Great news!  Sounds like you have a good Doc!  Best of luck in the 24 Hr.

**Ask me about streaking**

dpc3

Body weight and core work out followed by a walk with the dogs.

QOTD: Depends on the adversity but typically nose to the ground and plow through it kinda mentality.